DMC5 appreciation thread

Dantes_994

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/mar/19/hideaki-itsuno-almost-left-capcom-after-dmc-devil-may-cry-wish-list-dmc5-and-potential-fighting-games-got-him-stay/

Here is a very nice interview about how DMC5 almost never happened, how we almost never got a sequel to one of the best series of all time, and my personal favorite :D I hope you all enjoy the read and have fun with the series in the future, you are all awesome <3 

• Like 4

2 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

This game worth getting if I have never played a DMC game before and have almost no idea what I would be walking into?

Better play 4 first (also 3 would be best, but only 4 is ok). The game provides a recap of the past events, but you would probably not fully appreciate the game otherwise.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

This game worth getting if I have never played a DMC game before and have almost no idea what I would be walking into?

If you're going in completely blind, you should do a little bit of research first. Maybe look at some gameplay footage, watch a couple of spoiler-free reviews, stuff like that. Or even better, try the demo if it's still available.

Hardcore DMC fans will probably tell you otherwise, but you don't have to worry about the previous games, the story in DMC5 is perfectly self-contained. If you want to know more about the lore, you can watch the in-game recap or a YouTube video, and you'll be fine.

6 hours ago, BENJAM1N_LINUS said:

Get DMC 1-4 and play through them, maybe watch some videos of veterans playing DMD mode. Then, get DMC5. You'll just enjoy it way more having experience with the earlier ones. I also think it's pretty cheap to get them.

18 hours ago, Johnathan994 said:

https://www.eventhubs.com/news/2019/mar/19/hideaki-itsuno-almost-left-capcom-after-dmc-devil-may-cry-wish-list-dmc5-and-potential-fighting-games-got-him-stay/

Here is a very nice interview about how DMC5 almost never happened, how we almost never got a sequel to one of the best series of all time, and my personal favorite :D I hope you all enjoy the read and have fun with the series in the future, you are all awesome <3 

In 2013 I thought DMC was dead and we would never get another game, maybe just Dante being a guest in other games. I'm glad Itsuno-san stayed and the whole team made this love letter of a game to the fans. Almost feels like an apology as well.

• Like 1