Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

13 hours ago, Mikaelkid17 said:

@Sly Ripper I changed my username (to MikeCheck--), and merged it with this site with no issues, around 6 months ago and have been using this site with that name, with no issues. Until today it reverted itself back to "Mikaelkid17" without me prompting it. I played a little bit of VR last night but that was it. Logged in this morning and the name changed and I cannot access my own profile any longer.

Long story short, I didn't change my name but the site is acting like I did.

Also @Sly Ripper / @DaivRules my premium membership is gone, even though I paid for a lifetime.

I’m just waiting out that 24 hour period then I’ll check if your name update happened, if not, I’ll type MikeCheck-- into the search field on the main page and click Update. 

• Like 1

@DaivRules Hey, thank you for replying! I got home yesterday, played a bit more VR and earned another trophy and synced, so we shall see! It's been just abut 24 hours so I'll await your reply. I'm no longer MikaelKID haha. Many moons ago.

I can deal with the name change, for now, but not seeing my PSNprofile is bugging me ?

Edited by Mikaelkid17

I just came back to this website after over a year or so and I have changed my PSN name twice since then. I can log into my orginal account (JawanHerron) but my trophies and everything else are not there. When I try to use my new PSN name (JawanSenpaii) it says that it's already been merged but nothing is showing that it has? It was same thing for my previous PSN (JawanSenpaiTV) as well.

1 hour ago, JawanHerron said:

I just came back to this website after over a year or so and I have changed my PSN name twice since then. I can log into my orginal account (JawanHerron) but my trophies and everything else are not there. When I try to use my new PSN name (JawanSenpaii) it says that it's already been merged but nothing is showing that it has? It was same thing for my previous PSN (JawanSenpaiTV) as well.

I typed your newest name (JawanSenpaii) into the search box on the main page and your profile shows and ranks say Soon. 

Strange.When I upgraded my new id (kaln-highwlnd) it didn't succeed and told me " Error. A name change was processed for KAlN-HIGHWlND recently. You can try again in xx minutes". But my old id (lsq201015) can upgraded successfully.

What's wrong? Should i wait for an hour and try again? 

1 minute ago, lsq201015 said:

Strange.When I upgraded my new id (kaln-highwlnd) it didn't succeed and told me " Error. A name change was processed for KAlN-HIGHWlND recently. You can try again in xx minutes". But my old id (lsq201015) can upgraded successfully.

Stop trying to update your old name, that won’t help and may screw things up. 

Just wait the 6 more minutes and update your new ID (kaln-highwlnd) again. 

12 minutes ago, KAlN-HIGHWlND said:

You are now showing your new ID. 

• 2 weeks later...

@Sly Ripper The issue with profiles with changed names reverting to their old names appears to occur when sometimes tries to update the old PSN ID. I had it occur 5-6 times today, and every time as a result I would be signed out and have to wait an hour to update under the new ID. I tested it myself by updating my old PSN ID and it immediately reverted it. Given this basically allows anyone who knows a user's previous PSN ID to grief them by constantly reverting their profiles on here, a solution to stop this from occurring would be appreciated.

4 minutes ago, Mikaelkid17 said:

@DaivRules I commented earlier on this thread (maybe 10 days ago) and the site reverted my name from "MikeCheck--" to "Mikaelkid17" for whatever reason. Seems like it is a reoccurring issue.

I read Slys reply, so I'll just wait. Just odd lol 

I was going to ask if there was any reason you would have typed or updated your previous PSN name to update, but I see the comment below yours.

We will just have to wait to see if this is something Sly can fix. 

5 hours ago, Archavia said:

@Sly Ripper The issue with profiles with changed names reverting to their old names appears to occur when sometimes tries to update the old PSN ID. I had it occur 5-6 times today, and every time as a result I would be signed out and have to wait an hour to update under the new ID. I tested it myself by updating my old PSN ID and it immediately reverted it. Given this basically allows anyone who knows a user's previous PSN ID to grief them by constantly reverting their profiles on here, a solution to stop this from occurring would be appreciated.

I'll push a fix tomorrow that prevents the old name being updated

• Like 1

hi, my PSN ID is shield_Pizza, its been like this for a couple of months, but recently the site said i had requested a name change when i hadn't, i had since changed my password this morning.  Is there anyway i can change it again to my current PSN ID, also in the process i had lost my premium membership which i thought was a lifetime membership or at least a few years?  Anything i can do, to get things fixed? 

Please help, my name is being changed to my old psn name and I can't login anymore, luckally I am still loged in on the forums on my phone but atm I have no other way to get my account back it seems, changing it manually with a code in the bio doesn't seem to work it only gives me an error.

I got back in, but why is my name keep being changed back and can I not login back ?

Edited by Vervaticus