Information on PSN ID Name Changing & Your PSNProfiles Account

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users. It looks like I'll be stuck with my current PSN name because it's not worth changing it if that means not properly being credited for guides I've written. I know there's the workaround of adding both the old and new PSN names to the same guide, but that just looks messy. Fine if it's just a temporary solution, but who knows when if ever this is going to be fixed? There's no communication.

• Like 2

On 10/13/2019 at 2:02 PM, Z-Yux said:

I'm starting to wonder the same thing. Hopefully, we can have our old guides transferred over soon. I know that it has been mentioned a good amount of times in this thread, but it has been a little while since the last time I believe.

On 10/13/2019 at 2:27 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users.... There's no communication.

@Sly Ripper - Hey, checking in again with this - Is this being worked on at all?

Edit (10 days later): Unfortunately I don't think we're going to get any information on this anytime soon...

Edited by BlindMango

• 2 weeks later...
On 10/13/2019 at 0:27 PM, Undead Wolf said:

I've pretty much given up any hope I had of the guide issue getting resolved at this point. Site owner likely doesn't care since it only affects a small minority of users. It looks like I'll be stuck with my current PSN name because it's not worth changing it if that means not properly being credited for guides I've written. I know there's the workaround of adding both the old and new PSN names to the same guide, but that just looks messy. Fine if it's just a temporary solution, but who knows when if ever this is going to be fixed? There's no communication.

The site owner cares little about anything anymore. 

Something like being able to click on the thumbnails for a game series when you look at a trophy list for one of the games should be an option. The game series thumbnails was added two years ago, and still nothing has been done.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Spaz said:

Something like being able to click on the thumbnails for a game series when you look at a trophy list for one of the games should be an option. The game series thumbnails was added two years ago, and still nothing has been done.

Actually, you can click on the series thumbnails now and they do stuff. I believe that was added a few hours ago. ?

Also, VR Tags are a thing now.

2 hours ago, LPGphotographie said:

Hey guys! Having a problem with the name change!
My old profile says:

Aww, no trophies here 1f61f.png

This profile is probably private

My new profile says:
Error
This user was merged due to a PSN name change

You'll need to let 24 hours pass until everything fully merges correctly, then 24 hours from now when you type your new name into the box in the homepage everything should switch over properly

Hi,

I've just changed my PSN name, but was in the middle of an unpublished Downwell guide... I've tried going onto the 'Mine' tab of the Guides but sadly nothing is displayed there. I have also tried relogging into my account using my old name, but that didn't work either. I have the guide number and can access the page through 'History' but I do not have the permissions to edit it despite it being my guide.

This is a link to it: edit

Is this an ongoing problem and is there any staff member who can sort this out so I can finish my guide?

Many Thanks

Glacial__Phoenix (Old name: JHunter44)

14 minutes ago, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Hi,

I've just changed my PSN name, but was in the middle of an unpublished Downwell guide... I've tried going onto the 'Mine' tab of the Guides but sadly nothing is displayed there. I have also tried relogging into my account using my old name, but that didn't work either. I have the guide number and can access the page through 'History' but I do not have the permissions to edit it despite it being my guide.

This is a link to it: edit

Is this an ongoing problem and is there any staff member who can sort this out so I can finish my guide?

Many Thanks

Glacial__Phoenix (Old name: JHunter44)

Hey you should be able to edit it now :) 

Sly, the owner of the site, will change the guides to be tied to name ID rather than username at some point which will fix this, but until then your new name is listed as the second writer of the guide

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

Hey you should be able to edit it now :) 

Sly, the owner of the site, will change the guides to be tied to name ID rather than username at some point which will fix this, but until then your new name is listed as the second writer of the guide

Hi BlindMango,

Thanks so much for sorting this out so quickly! I was concerned that I'd written it all for nothing! Being the Second Writer is absolutely fine and I look forward to the update that fixes this completely.

Kindest Regards,

Glacial__Phoenix :) 

Edited by Glacial__Phoenix

Just now, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Hi BlindMango,

Thanks so much for sorting this out so quickly! I was concerned that I'd written it all for nothing! Being the Second Writer is absolutely fine and I look forward to the update that fixes this completely.

Kindest Regards,

Glacial__Phoenix

No problem! You can also make a new Downwell guide under your new name and just copy and paste the text from the existing one if you'd rather do that too :P 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Glacial__Phoenix said:

Would you say that is easy to do and would it be a lot of hassle?

Thanks Again.

It shouldn't be too bad as it's mostly copying and pasting the text over from one guide to another, however you'll have to relink the trophies to use the links for the new guide instead of the old one and you'll also have to re-add tags to each trophy in the new one

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, BlindMango said:

It shouldn't be too bad as it's mostly copying and pasting the text over from one guide to another, however you'll have to relink the trophies to use the links for the new guide instead of the old one and you'll also have to re-add tags to each trophy in the new one

Okay, perfect. Thanks very much. I'll get on with the transfer within the next few days :). 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, IchigoxVisored said:

Wondering if anyone could help me here, recently I created a JPN psn account so it’d be possible to purchase Japanese games, I’m just curious as to whether there is a way to purchase the PlayStation now subscription on the JPN store with a psn card or would you have to put in card details?

This is not the thread for this kind of question. You should make a thread here: https://forum.psnprofiles.com/forum/846-playstation-network/

• 2 weeks later...

In today's of episode of "genius mcgee over here"... finally went with the name change knowing that I was going to temporarily lose access to my guides until the next update, which is fine, but someone didn't think about the WIP guides tied to her name... They're both co-op so I tried to have both of the other authors add my new name, but they didn't have the option to.

How long does the update normally take just so I can try and plan around it? 

EDIT: Please disregard for now, I'm going to revert back to the original name for the time being to get those finished up then try again when I have some down time and am not in the middle of something haha

Edited by Velvet

9 hours ago, Velvet said:

In today's of episode of "genius mcgee over here"... finally went with the name change knowing that I was going to temporarily lose access to my guides until the next update, which is fine, but someone didn't think about the WIP guides tied to her name... They're both co-op so I tried to have both of the other authors add my new name, but they didn't have the option to.

How long does the update normally take just so I can try and plan around it? 

EDIT: Please disregard for now, I'm going to revert back to the original name for the time being to get those finished up then try again when I have some down time and am not in the middle of something haha

If you don't want to go through the trouble of reverting your name back and all that mess, we can just make your new name the second writer of your guides so you can still work on and publish them until @Sly Ripper finally fixes guide transferring for name changing - just send us the links to the guides in progress if you've like us to do that!

Edited by BlindMango
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, BlindMango said:

If you don't want to go through the trouble of reverting your name back and all that mess, we can just make your new name the second writer of your guides so you can still work on and publish them until @Sly Ripper finally fixes guide transferring for name changing - just send us the links to the guides in progress if you've like us to do that!

Oh it's ok ^-^ I've already changed it back so we can get it all done this weekend. I'll plan it out a little better next time and if any issues come up, I'll give ya a ping =]

• Like 1

Hi,

I'm having some troubles with my recently changed PSN name.

My new one is OptusTechSupport and my old one is A-TeamSaint. 

Neither of these ones work when viewing trophies. I can log into the forums with A-TeamSaint but if I try that in the homepage it says that no trophies could be found and if I try OptusTechSupport it says that it was merged due to a name change.

I've earned a trophy and refreshed after 24 hours but nothing have seemed to work so far. I would use other sites but this is the one that I have stuck with so far and I like it far too much to move onto something else.

It is appreciated if some advice can be given to resolve this issue.

Thanks.