Reaching Level 100

Arcesius

Heyo

Just wanted to start a short topic about the NG+ trophy that requires you to reach level 100.

If you have other tips, please share! :)

If you are like me, then you will find yourself at the end of your Apocalyptic NG playthrough, barely at level 50. Unfortunately I also spent all my souls to buy Angelic and Demon Artifacts from Vulgrim for the two related trophies.

I just completed NG+ in about 4 hours and reached level 76. Now, some things that might lesser the grind:

- Don't use any items apart from three ores required to upgrade your armor once. You'll want to sell absolutely everything to Vulgrim. I didn't go out of my way to collect stuff, only picked up what was easily accessible, and still ended up with 20 angelic and 22 demonic artifacts, which sell for 2000 a piece. And a LOT of Adamantite items. All in all I sold items for about 350k souls before facing the final boss. Plus all the souls items of course.

- Collect all 15 Luminous Visages (LV) BUT DON'T USE THEM! Leveling up becomes super expensive at higher levels. A Luminous Visage is best spent to get high expensive levels for free.

I'm about to start NG+2 with 11 LV in my inventory. Hence, I'm virtually at level 87 and getting a couple more LV early in NG+2 should eliminate any grinding.

All of this might seem obvious, but I used 3 LV at around level 55 before I notices that I should keep them to get the last 15-20 levels for free. ?

Edited by Arcesus7

5 hours ago, Takutolover said:

Think I'm around Lv. 64 on the hardest setting playthough. So I should be close, what do you keep on the ng+ file?

You keep everything but the hollow weapons. However, once you re-earn those via natural progression, they are at the level you leveled them up to. 

I reached level 80 without grinding a single bit after my fight against Pride on NG+2, and the Luminous Visage in her throne room was number 20, so popped those things to reach level 100 :)

i wonder if the glitch that was in the level 50 still there , did you try to go past 50 then buy the crystal that give back all your points then spend them again.

the game counter i think will keep going never return to 1 when you buy that crystal.

this was known glitch with the level 50 trophy in the main trophy list.

i didnt test it yet im working on another game i thought this may help.

14 hours ago, Sir_Muteb said:

i wonder if the glitch that was in the level 50 still there , did you try to go past 50 then buy the crystal that give back all your points then spend them again.

the game counter i think will keep going never return to 1 when you buy that crystal.

Ha! I wasn't aware of such a glitch.. So nope, I didn't try it. That of course would make things faster. ?

In any case, they also patched the infinite-goblin spawn, so maybe they also patched this glitch..

18 minutes ago, Spide29 said:

What do you recommend for level 100? Ng + 1 and 2?

...and for "Made of Sterner Stuff  Upgrade Any Armor"? Thanks

Well the best grinding spot before the latest update would probably have been the infinite goblin spawn point, but that has been patched.

I didn't want to grind, so I speedrun through NG+1 and half of NG+2 (until I beat Pride), which took me about 6-7 hours. I started NG+ at around level 50, and by the time I defeated Pride I managed to level up to level 80. I then popped all 20 Luminous Visage I had saved up at once, and earned the tropy. 

So the most time-saving tip I can give you is to find all 15 Luminous Visages during NG+ (or 16, but I didn't bother going to Abraxis' room) and save them, since the amount of souls you need to feed Vulgrim for your next level depends on your current level, and not on how many souls you've already fed him. 

Going from level 79 to 80 requires almost 60k souls, so I cannot imagine how tedious it must be to grind for the final 20 levels.. using Luminous Visage, you don't really have to grind at all... 

For "Made of Sterner Stuff", as soon as you have 3 ore, simply go to The Maker and upgrade your basis armor.. I never bothered getting other armor sets (sold all my crucible items for souls anyways). 

• Like 1

On 4/14/2019 at 0:22 PM, Sir_Muteb said:

Completely forgot about this, I am level 56 and could test it tonight.

On 4/16/2019 at 9:13 AM, x1001x_Puppys said:

Completely forgot about this, I am level 56 and could test it tonight.

This didn't work. Looks like the best way to reach 100 is to speedrun the game and pick up as many angelic/demonic artifacts as well as lurcher crystals. I'd also say that killing the five chosen is worth the extra 5,000 you get from their essence drops. There really is not any good farming spot in the entire game if you ask me, especially when levels start costing 60k to 70k souls. 

Oh, and luminous visages. There seem to be 16 per playthrough, and these are absolutely vital to pick up. For some reason the one in Sloth's room never appeared, so I could only get 15... But with all the items I picked up on an 8 hour playthrough, I was able to go from 56 to 78 with 15 visages still in storage. Looks like at least half a playthrough of NG++ will be required to get a handful of levels and visages, then I can pop them all to reach 100.

Sorry for the triple post but I just popped all of my luminous visages to reach level 100, and I didn't get the trophy :( I tried reloading my save from the cloud that I backed up because I KNEW this would happen, but it didn't unlock the second time, either. Anyone else have trouble? I don't know what to do to fix it other than try to get to level 101 and see if it unlocks there, otherwise I could be screwed.

54 minutes ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Sorry for the triple post but I just popped all of my luminous visages to reach level 100, and I didn't get the trophy :( I tried reloading my save from the cloud that I backed up because I KNEW this would happen, but it didn't unlock the second time, either. Anyone else have trouble? I don't know what to do to fix it other than try to get to level 101 and see if it unlocks there, otherwise I could be screwed.

Damn that's unfortunate... I backed up my save purely out of caution before I popped 20 Luminous Visages at once. But luckily the trophy popped instantly and I didn't need to reload my save. 

I cann assure you that I was level 80 and popped 20 LV to get to exactly level 100... ? Did you try talking to Vulgrim after reaching level 100?

7 hours ago, Arcesus7 said:

Damn that's unfortunate... I backed up my save purely out of caution before I popped 20 Luminous Visages at once. But luckily the trophy popped instantly and I didn't need to reload my save. 

I cann assure you that I was level 80 and popped 20 LV to get to exactly level 100... 1f610.png Did you try talking to Vulgrim after reaching level 100?

That's not good. I backed up my save too because I've heard of all the issues, but reloading my save did no good. I tried talking to Vulgrim, killing a few enemies, even resetting all my points and reallocating them. I too popped 21 visages at level 79 but nothing happened. I reloaded my save off the cloud and popped the visages one at a time...Still no trophy once I hit level 100. The only thing I have left to try is maybe getting to level 101 and seeing if anything happens, or trying to purchase my 100th level with Vulgrim instead of a visage. Otherwise I'm going to have to delete everything and start from scratch, which is extremely unfortunate. I don't even know how many hours that will be wasted on a game I've already beaten 4 times.

18 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

That's not good. I backed up my save too because I've heard of all the issues, but reloading my save did no good. I tried talking to Vulgrim, killing a few enemies, even resetting all my points and reallocating them. I too popped 21 visages at level 79 but nothing happened. I reloaded my save off the cloud and popped the visages one at a time...Still no trophy once I hit level 100. The only thing I have left to try is maybe getting to level 101 and seeing if anything happens, or trying to purchase my 100th level with Vulgrim instead of a visage. Otherwise I'm going to have to delete everything and start from scratch, which is extremely unfortunate. I don't even know how many hours that will be wasted on a game I've already beaten 4 times.

Hey I just saw that you got the trophy.. how did you get it to pop? :)

On 4/19/2019 at 4:18 AM, Arcesus7 said:

Hey I just saw that you got the trophy.. how did you get it to pop? :)

Sorry, I forgot to report back. Like @Narikain I had to reach an additional level via Vulgrim souls. It has been confirmed by Gunfire Games on Twitter that leveling to 100 using Visages and not receiving the trophy is a known glitch and that leveling once more with Vulgrim pops the trophy.

• Like 1

On 4/18/2019 at 1:01 AM, x1001x_Puppys said:

It is really simple as I had the same issue, Once you use a Visage for level 100 simply go to Vulgrim and choose Feed Souls, even before I fed him any souls the trophy popped just from selecting the option of feeding him.

4 hours ago, x1001x_Puppys said:

Sorry, I forgot to report back. Like @Narikain I had to reach an additional level via Vulgrim souls. It has been confirmed by Gunfire Games on Twitter that leveling to 100 using Visages and not receiving the trophy is a known glitch and that leveling once more with Vulgrim pops the trophy.

interesting.

7 hours ago, Takutolover said:

Tried to do ng+, do I need the season pass to do so. I haven't gotten the patch 1.08 yet.

The Season Pass is only for paid DLC, in this case The Crucible and still unreleased Keepers of the Void. 

If you want to play NG+ you need to update to patch 1.08, since it's the one that introduces Armageddon mode (NG+)

• 4 months later...

Hey, it's an old topic, but I wanna leave my two cents here. Just finished my NG Apocalyptic play, and managed to end up around level 103, glitchless.

I think the key to this is the Marauder enhancement, which makes enemies drop more lurchers. Not souls, lurcher itens. It was the first enhancement I've upgraded and I spent all the game with it.

By the time I was on Gluttony, I already had 400k souls worth of lurchers. On my way through Scar, managed to drop another 100k. I was dropping loot all the time. Combine it with your luminous visages, and it won't require a third play.

TL;DR I think Marauder Enhancement makes enemies drop more lurcher itens.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

Also you can use the duplication glitch, which still works at Version 1.10.

With help of that, It was easy to reach Level 300(!) in my first playthrough.

The disadvantage is, that the enemies between the chapel (where you met Pride) and Lust in the "swamp" become very strong.

Edited by xXK-oZXx

• 1 month later...

This is the trophy and I am still left to get for me to get 100% and its seems like a mind numbing grind. 

Just now, mashiach173880 said:

This is the trophy and I am still left to get for me to get 100% and its seems like a mind numbing grind. 

Monsters give hardly any lurchers, and I have the Amour that gives more lurches at +5 and it's still gives hardly any. Honestly this trophy, I wish wasn't in this trophy line up

• 1 month later...
5 hours ago, Asmund89 said:

Can't you guys just use the duplication glitch as your last trophy (to avoid scaling enemies)? I mean that would cheese it out right wouldn't it

Even if that still works on the latest patch, not everyone wants to use glitches / exploits. I am such a player, which is why I wrote about how I personally got to level 100 legit without too much effort or grinding. 

1 minute ago, Arcesius said:

Even if that still works on the latest patch, not everyone wants to use glitches / exploits. I am such a player, which is why I wrote about how I personally got to level 100 legit without too much effort or grinding. 

Still works in latest patch, gotcha, you're right some people do prefer not to exploit game bugs. Fair enough

• Like 2