What carries over to NG+?

Besides equipment and abilities, what carries over to NG+? I've just got to 33rd floor of the ultimate lair and I cannot seem to beat the boss of the 33rd layer and was thinking of coming back in ng+, but im not sure if omega forms of enemies carry over too.

It's been over 5 years since I Platinum this game, replayed all 3 FFXIII games last summer. Let me see if I can remember, you can keep all weapons, schematas & money, but all Quests reset. Also if I remember, Last Ones don't carry over, but the memory that you defeated a certain one will, there's a certain quest a guy wants you to defeat every Last One, but 3 only appear in the final area. I would wait to play the 2 Superbosses till a New Game Plus, better weapons and Schematas are available. Lastly you can carry over NG+ as many times as you want, no limit. 

So like, if i defeated all niblets and then I did ng+, then it would still count towards the quest? What about the ultimate lair, would I have to fight through all the last ones again? Also, what set up do you recommend for aeronite and the floor 33 boss in the ultimate lair? I've seen many set ups so far.

11 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

Also if I remember, Last Ones don't carry over, but the memory that you defeated a certain one will, there's a certain quest a guy wants you to defeat every Last One, but 3 only appear in the final area. I would wait to play the 2 Superbosses till a New Game Plus, better weapons and Schematas are available. 

35 minutes ago, wackt1 said:

So like, if i defeated all niblets and then I did ng+, then it would still count towards the quest? What about the ultimate lair, would I have to fight through all the last ones again? Also, what set up do you recommend for aeronite and the floor 33 boss in the ultimate lair? I've seen many set ups so far.

Yes as far as I remember about the Last Ones, it'd be better to keep track, but I'd use a playthrough in NG+ to farm all Last Ones, you can get good weapons and other stuff, plus all the money from the battles, you won't have to defeat certain ones in the Ultimate Lair if you already defeated them in that game. For Aeronite, he's just a pain, he was my final Trophy before the Platinum and took several tries, all I remember is a good way to stagger him is thunder spells, then use Overclock, I honestly couldn't tell you the setup I used, you can probably find good strategies on YouTube. Ultimate Lair boss was another one, use imperil, poison, with thunder spells also in your setups, use Overclock when Staggered. I'd save those 2 bosses for very last when you have 9 Overclock and strong potions, with excellent schemata set up and strong spells. 

12 hours ago, Nitemares----- said:

It's been over 5 years since I Platinum this game, replayed all 3 FFXIII games last summer. Let me see if I can remember, you can keep all weapons, schematas & money, but all Quests reset. Also if I remember, Last Ones don't carry over, but the memory that you defeated a certain one will, there's a certain quest a guy wants you to defeat every Last One, but 3 only appear in the final area. I would wait to play the 2 Superbosses till a New Game Plus, better weapons and Schematas are available. Lastly you can carry over NG+ as many times as you want, no limit. 

that part is ftw, i need to pick up the first game in the series. it's just finding the time to get that so i can progress through the trilogy.

• 3 years later...

To add just a couple notes to all of the above...

- You keep all quest rewards. This doesn't just include items, HP, Strength, and Magic stats, but you also get to keep your maxed out EP bar and recovery item slots. 

- You keep all of the EP abilities that Hope has given you in the Ark, so you won't have to earn Army of One again, for example.

- You keep all Gil and key items, which includes the monster notes you've purchased from Adventuring Essentials vendors throughout your game. 

When it comes to trophies

- Soul Seeds do not carry over, so for the 2 Soul Seed trophies (sell 50 & sell 100), those must be done in 1 playthrough. 

- Kill/Battle count does carry over (sort of)***, so although you will almost certainly get it very early in your first playthrough, the count for the 3 battle win trophies (500 battles is the highest) will continue in NG+.

*** So... Your "kill count" in the sense of battle win count carries over, however, your individual monster kill count does not, which is why your Last Ones don’t carry over and instead do reset in NG+.

While the individual monster kill count doesn't carry over, the simple fact that you have killed Last Ones before actually does carry over in a sense. While you will be able to re-extinct and re-kill Last Ones, the game does record your previous kills because of the "Last One Standing" side quest, which is the ONLY side quest that doesn't reset (IIRC), because you can only hand it in in NG+ anyway, as others have said. 

• 1 month later...