Efficient use of the trophy shop

Sarutoshi

It’s a shame that a trophy shop even exists. A lot of players probably stopped playing after they bought all the trophies. It’s much more satisfying to play the game and earn them legitimately.

I have this on PC and loved it so much I bought the goty for PS4. I would highly recommend playing this game to its completion, even if you do cheap out and buy the trophies.

Edited by RedSkyKing
  • Like 3

On 19/4/2019 at 6:46 AM, RedSkyKing said:

It’s a shame that a trophy shop even exists. A lot of players probably stopped playing after they bought all the trophies. It’s much more satisfying to play the game and earn them legitimately.

I have this on PC and loved it so much I bought the goty for PS4. I would highly recommend playing this game to its completion, even if you do cheap out and buy the trophies.

its a really weird feature, but after grinding for hours to get the "upgrade all weapons" on the original nier im kinda thinking about buying the grindiest trophy automata has, who knows maybe is not that repetitive and im just burn out from all the grind.

Edited by JLDAHAKA92
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 4/19/2019 at 7:46 AM, RedSkyKing said:

Just finished without using the shop. Required a ton of grinding but fun nonetheless

• Like 1

The Trophy Shop is for the Players who sacrifice they Save Data to Help other Gamers for the Route E Ending.

Im one of that and Glad that Shop exist since i sacrifice my Save and don't want to collect all from the Beginning. Even so you must Play trough Route A,B,C again since all my Data is lost.

• Like 1

On 4/19/2019 at 5:46 AM, RedSkyKing said:

I only used the shop for the panties, no shorts, and recovering dead bodies because I couldn't be bothered but did everything else. I believe the story trophies/achievements aren't available in the shop, just the big grind ones and miscellaneous stuff. Also what Meikoro said plus (probably) Yoko Taro laughing at people like us who care about trophies or adding more to the "everything is meaningless" thing he was going for.

• Like 4

• 1 year later...

Would anyone be so kind as to fill me in on what exactly this “trophy shop” is and how it works? Is it a micro-transaction thing requiring real cash, or is it solely based on money earned in game?

I’m just starting this game now and really excited to get going on it. However, I borrowed my copy from the library and will have to return it in a week, possibly 2 max if there is no one else waiting for it and I’m able to extend my checkout.

Considering the guide estimates this as a 60+ hour platinum, I’d like to know what my options are and if the trophy shop would be a viable strategy to finish the platinum if I’m running out of time at the end. Thanks!

12 hours ago, dieselmanchild said:

Would anyone be so kind as to fill me in on what exactly this “trophy shop” is and how it works? Is it a micro-transaction thing requiring real cash, or is it solely based on money earned in game?

I’m just starting this game now and really excited to get going on it. However, I borrowed my copy from the library and will have to return it in a week, possibly 2 max if there is no one else waiting for it and I’m able to extend my checkout.

Considering the guide estimates this as a 60+ hour platinum, I’d like to know what my options are and if the trophy shop would be a viable strategy to finish the platinum if I’m running out of time at the end. Thanks!

The trophy shop appears after you complete the game in the players "hub" area and allows you to spend in-game currency to unlock some missing trophies. It's been a while so I cant remember details, but this guide just lets you maximise your currency to buy as many trophies as possible by using a save/load technique.

On 2020-11-13 at 5:29 AM, Sarutoshi said:

The trophy shop appears after you complete the game in the players "hub" area and allows you to spend in-game currency to unlock some missing trophies. It's been a while so I cant remember details, but this guide just lets you maximise your currency to buy as many trophies as possible by using a save/load technique.

Interesting, thanks for the info. I’m glad it’s based on in game currency and not real life cash. Initially I was excited when I read you can buy any outstanding trophies after you finish the game, as it’s a pretty unique feature and honestly sounded kind of unbelievable. Buying trophies without doing the work!? But tbh I hope this is just a one off thing and that future games don’t allow you to do this. It would only be a matter of time before they monetize it.

• Like 1