Krypt rngesus

lurch_9944

As far as I understand it based on the explanation given in the recent Kombat Kast, all the "standard" chests rewards are randomly generated BUT the items you find inside will correlate with each other. For example, if you open a chest and it contains one piece of concept art, the other pieces will also be concept art, just different ones. What exactly you get is random but the TYPE of thing you get will match up with everything else you get from the chest.

Basically, this means you won't get a single chest where you get a konsumable, a concept art, and a gear piece all in one for example. You would either open a chest strictly containing konsumables, one strictly containing concept arts, and one containing items for the characters.

HOWEVER, special/distinguishable chests (like the glowy green things and the Shao Khan chests) have fixed rewards inside of them that is the same for everyone, in the same locations.

At least, this is what I understand.

isnt there some chance of getting an intro/victory? i read something bout it being a method but super long and grindy. more so than doing it the keytower way.

also anyone know the fastest method to get koins. i want to farm 1Mil. save. open all chests i can. get another Mil. use the time thing to reset chests and take a gamble :P

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

isnt there some chance of getting an intro/victory? i read something bout it being a method but super long and grindy. more so than doing it the keytower way.

also anyone know the fastest method to get koins. i want to farm 1Mil. save. open all chests i can. get another Mil. use the time thing to reset chests and take a gamble :P

I've opened 329 chests so far. I think I must have spent well over a million Koins. I've yet to receive even ONE intro or victory animation from those chests. Either RNG has been trolling me from the start, or this truly will be a looong grind for everyone involved.

On 25-4-2019 at 8:28 AM, FreshBoki said:

Does the price of the chest have an impact on reward inside it? For example, is it better to open 1 chest that cost 10.000 koins or 5 that costs 2.000?

In my opinion, from what I have noticed: the cheaper chests only grant you one item, whereas if you open a more expensive one, you'll get two or three items of the same type, generally speaking.

Taking your example though: it'll be better to open five of 2.000 each instead of one of 10.000. In terms of quantity, you're better off opening a combination of smaller chests. Although I could not tell you where the damn intro or victory animations are hiding, because I've opened 329 chests so far of all kinds. Still nothing.

Sorry for the double post.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Aponac1987 said:

I've opened 329 chests so far. I think I must have spent well over a million Koins. I've yet to receive even ONE intro or victory animation from those chests. Either RNG has been trolling me from the start, or this truly will be a looong grind for everyone involved.

329 chests and not even one intro or victory? That does sound like a long grind.

Maybe we get them as a reward in the Towers of Time someday? Like the special events with abilities as rewards in Injustice 2, they weren't in the game from the start.

Just now, anotherfangirl said:

329 chests and not even one intro or victory? That does sound like a long grind.

Maybe we get them as a reward in the Towers of Time someday? Like the special events with abilities as rewards in Injustice 2, they weren't in the game from the start.

Been doing Towers of Time almost every day so far, doing about ten to twenty towers each day. Still no luck. :D

Maybe they're hidden up in the upper echelons of the character towers you can unlock with Koins.

5 hours ago, anotherfangirl said:

If you look at the character is customization it will tell you which ones are found in krypt and watch are in tower of time, the only thing I'm wondering are if these are koin, soul or heart based rewards. 

14 hours ago, Blaidd-Cysgodol said:

If you look at the character is customization it will tell you which ones are found in krypt and watch are in tower of time, the only thing I'm wondering are if these are koin, soul or heart based rewards. 

Looks like you can find 1 Intro and 2 Victory animations for each character in the Krypt. One of those Victory animations is clearly a reward for impaling the heads on the spikes.

I'm wondering where the other two are hiding? I'm up to 418 chests now, I even refreshed a bunch of them. Still nothing, I mostly keep getting Tower Konsumables and Forge Items now. I'm inclined to believe they're not hiding in the (non-fire) chests, because there are 25 characters. Not including the aforementioned Victory animation, that leaves 2 more Krypt animations for each character. That means 50 unlockables, and the odds of those not popping up so far in not one of the regular chests, Hearts chests or the soul vials I opened, makes me believe they're hidden elsewhere in the Krypt.

Edit: someone on the forums just clarified where (some of) the other animations are hidden:

If you impale 10 heads the doors to shang tsungs treasure vault opens up which is a door located right at the start of the krypt. It has a bunch of 25k chests that all have intros and victories in them.

Jesus. This is going to be a long grind, indeed.

Edited by Aponac1987

23 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

Looks like you can find 1 Intro and 2 Victory animations for each character in the Krypt. One of those Victory animations is clearly a reward for impaling the heads on the spikes.

I'm wondering where the other two are hiding? I'm up to 418 chests now, I even refreshed a bunch of them. Still nothing, I mostly keep getting Tower Konsumables and Forge Items now. I'm inclined to believe they're not hiding in the (non-fire) chests, because there are 25 characters. Not including the aforementioned Victory animation, that leaves 2 more Krypt animations for each character. That means 50 unlockables, and the odds of those not popping up so far in not one of the regular chests, Hearts chests or the soul vials I opened, makes me believe they're hidden elsewhere in the Krypt.

Edit: someone on the forums just clarified where (some of) the other animations are hidden:

Jesus. This is going to be a long grind, indeed.

yeah but i think it is faster to:

complete 5 character towers (you will get 1 intro per tower complete for a total of 5).

grind out fatality and brutality on towers till you get 5 heads. impale 5 heads for the 5 victory.

would be quicker than grinding out 10 heads for entry to shangs. least that's what my gameplan is.

EDIT: Its still a stupid long grind. albeit slightly quicker.

Edited by LegacyJKO09

5 hours ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

yeah but i think it is faster to:

complete 5 character towers (you will get 1 intro per tower complete for a total of 5).

grind out fatality and brutality on towers till you get 5 heads. impale 5 heads for the 5 victory.

would be quicker than grinding out 10 heads for entry to shangs. least that's what my gameplan is.

EDIT: Its still a stupid long grind. albeit slightly quicker.

You're right: I was only referring to the fact if you want to get all of the animations, that you'll need to invest a ri-di-cu-lous amount of time getting all the heads. Grinding five heads (which is half of what you'll need anyway to unlock the treasure vault) is part of the process. :)

In that aspect, the best thing is to just grind the smallest Towers, consisting of two opponents. Anyone know how much time it would take to get 50 Fatalities/Brutalities on a character?

I wish there was some sort of tally keeping check of how many you have inflicted on each character.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Aponac1987 said:

You're right: I was only referring to the fact if you want to get all of the animations, that you'll need to invest a ri-di-cu-lous amount of time getting all the heads. Grinding five heads (which is half of what you'll need anyway to unlock the treasure vault) is part of the process. :)

In that aspect, the best thing is to just grind the smallest Towers, consisting of two opponents. Anyone know how much time it would take to get 50 Fatalities/Brutalities on a character?

I wish there was some sort of tally keeping check of how many you have inflicted on each character.

very true.

i think if you can find a tower with 3 or 5 chars. that is not timed, and can just keep AI on. you should be able to just tally at home. definitely would help toward the grind to 250 towers the legit way.

From what I have seen, the chests in the Krypt have ranges, where you are more likely to get certain things from specific price ranges. As an example, you will have better luck getting Brutalities from chests that cost 6000-9000 or so. You can sometimes get Brutalities from chests under and above that range, but they might be rarer. The one Kombat Kast basically said that if two players opened all of the chests in the Krypt, they would come away with the same stuff. Whenever you first load up the Krypt, Player A will have their chests laid out differently than Player B, with the exception of the special chests. So, the contents are all the same, but the chest locations are randomized.

1 hour ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

very true.

i think if you can find a tower with 3 or 5 chars. that is not timed, and can just keep AI on. you should be able to just tally at home. definitely would help toward the grind to 250 towers the legit way.

For the record, I just got my first head.

Brutalities do NOT count, I've been getting them consistently together with the Fatalities.

I can confirm you need 50 Fatalities inflicted on a specific character to unlock their head.

Ladies and gentlemen, the grind is afoot! Good luck. ;)

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

For the record, I just got my first head.

Brutalities do NOT count, I've been getting them consistently together with the Fatalities.

I can confirm you need 50 Fatalities inflicted on a specific character to unlock their head.

Ladies and gentlemen, the grind is afoot! Good luck. ;)

im just letting the AI run klassic tower novice. and i have a "scoreboard" of sorts. every brutality gets a tick. this will get me 4 heads when 50 is done on each. (also helps the grind for 250 towers),

then I'll go into towers of time, find a tower with 2 fights and just repeat it till i get another head.

i will not pop the skull kabob trophy till i have 5 heads

5 minutes ago, LegacyJKO09 said:

im just letting the AI run klassic tower novice. and i have a "scoreboard" of sorts. every brutality gets a tick. this will get me 4 heads when 50 is done on each. (also helps the grind for 250 towers),

then I'll go into towers of time, find a tower with 2 fights and just repeat it till i get another head.

i will not pop the skull kabob trophy till i have 5 heads

I couldn't resist: as soon as I got my first head, I put it in the Krypt. :D

Right now, I'm just letting my main (Scorpion) run on AI at the Endless Tower. I'm letting him rack up as many Fatalities on as many characters as possible, and depending on how far he gets, I'll start grinding four other characters. At this point I have about 620 Fatalities, and to get 50 on each, you'll need 1250 Fatalities at the very least. I know I have inflicted about 24 Fatalities on average on every character, so the grind will be pretty manageable if it's just for a select few.

... I'm really curious about that treasure vault with all the other riches though. I might just try to get to ten heads after I got the platinum trophy, just so I can spend my hundreds of thousands of Koins in the treasure vault.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Aponac1987 said:

I couldn't resist: as soon as I got my first head, I put it in the Krypt. :D

Right now, I'm just letting my main (Scorpion) run on AI at the Endless Tower. I'm letting him rack up as many Fatalities on as many characters as possible, and depending on how far he gets, I'll start grinding four other characters. At this point I have about 620 Fatalities, and to get 50 on each, you'll need 1250 Fatalities at the very least. I know I have inflicted about 24 Fatalities on average on every character, so the grind will be pretty manageable if it's just for a select few.

... I'm really curious about that treasure vault with all the other riches though. I might just try to get to ten heads after I got the platinum trophy, just so I can spend my hundreds of thousands of Koins in the treasure vault.

idk why but i have a hard time in strategy tutorials lol. i think thatll be worse for me ?

i did lots of grinding for 5 intros yesterday and had 800k koins. so koins are easy to rack up.

is endless tower just 1 round?

Edited by LegacyJKO09