Difficulty and Time to Plat?

Throw7

4 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Thanks for the detailed info!

So in general: how difficult this thing is in your opinion?

My opinion 3-4/10
The first hour or so might feel slighty higher but once you get use to it the game is not that bad at all

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Story mode: Under 3 hours (You can make it easier by putting on casual mode which gives you more lifes but you need to do stages without it in challenge mode so i left it off)

Challenge Mode: Each challenge takes around 8 - 15 minutes once you add in song select and loading times, you need to do 50 of them.

Grind Note: Having 4 controllers will make the coin grind so much easier as the other three players that you can just let sit there and die still get 50 - 70 coins per challenge while the one you control gets around 100 - 130 per run. Doing this means you will have the coin trophy before the 50 challenge trophy.
There is a hardcore mode that gives you x2 coins to make it faster again but the levels are harder and if you use the 4 controller method early then you won't need to unless you want to test yourself. (Some songs are easy on hardcore)

If you don't have more then one controller then points are broken down like:
Finishing a Challenge - 30 coins each time(Why having 4 controllers helps as everyone gets this even if they die)
S Rank - 20 coins,
A Rank - 10 coins
B Rank - 5 coins
C Rank - 1 Coin

You then get miscellaneous rewards like staying on one side of the screen or not using dash or dashing through pink parts so many times and so on. Playing online by yourself also gets you a "you have no friends points."

Ranking trophies: These can not be the same song so you need to do 20 different songs getting rank A and 15 songs need to be rank S (The S can be used for the A ranks)
 S Rank - Not getting hit
A Rank - Not losing a life
B Rank - Loss of one life
C Rank - Loss of more the one life
While you need to do 15 different songs for S the standard and hardcore versions have their rank so you can do the same song on both modes and it will count for 2.

Miscellaneous trophies: 2500 dashs will come within the 50 challenge trophy some stages need you to dash throw pink parts and a boss level has you doing dashes everywhere. Saving 250 friends this can only be done by either online or using more then one controller there is no AI bots to help you get this one. After a player is killed they will have a small help and be faded you just need to move over them to bring them back to life for a point however they move to the left of screen and if they hit the edge they will die for good until a checkpoint.
If you have four controllers have all three start each song to the right of screen and you will have this within a few runs. A boss stage called close to me is great grind if you need it, just sit them at the top right of screen and you will get 50+ in one run.

System and Difficulty: Play story mode first to get use to the game each non boss stage has checkpoints, if you want to just get a feel for it turn casual mode on which gives you double health, dash is your friend as it lets you dash over a pink bit (parts you need to avoid) Each song has a light pink tracker mark which means incoming move away so it gives you some warning for a lot of the stage but not everything has this tracker (Hardcore mode has the tracker showing up late and has more things to avoid)
When it comes to the Challenge mode there are three stages stage 1 and 2 will have three random songs and you can pick from the three, the third stage is always a boss which is picked at random after 50 challenges you become rather good at the boss levels.
There are more then 15 easy songs to get the S rank on but don't get down if you get a bad run of hard songs in challenge modes as you can song select if you need to later.

Final note: The Mortal Kombat song is one of the harder songs in the game but fun non the less.
If you go looking at the Steam guides the PS4 version seems to be slightly harder or changed a lot of the "Cheese" spots no longer work but it's still a helpful read if you struggle on a song.

This is very detailed, imagine if you put this focus into starting FFXIV

10 minutes ago, Smashero said:

Thanks for the detailed info!

So in general: how difficult this thing is in your opinion?

It will be longer than 3hrs, you pass

1 minute ago, cjshaitan said:

I am nothing if consistent, nice work though the game is very enjoyable for sure

I rather enjoyed the game, Glad the four controllers coins all went to the one pool to really help on the coin grind.
The last hour or so did start to feel semi grindy but beyond this I think it was a great buy.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, fisty123 said:

Story mode: Under 3 hours (You can make it easier by putting on casual mode which gives you more lifes but you need to do stages without it in challenge mode so i left it off)

Challenge Mode: Each challenge takes around 8 - 15 minutes once you add in song select and loading times, you need to do 50 of them.

Grind Note: Having 4 controllers will make the coin grind so much easier as the other three players that you can just let sit there and die still get 50 - 70 coins per challenge while the one you control gets around 100 - 130 per run. Doing this means you will have the coin trophy before the 50 challenge trophy.
There is a hardcore mode that gives you x2 coins to make it faster again but the levels are harder and if you use the 4 controller method early then you won't need to unless you want to test yourself. (Some songs are easy on hardcore)

If you don't have more then one controller then points are broken down like:
Finishing a Challenge - 30 coins each time(Why having 4 controllers helps as everyone gets this even if they die)
S Rank - 20 coins,
A Rank - 10 coins
B Rank - 5 coins
C Rank - 1 Coin

You then get miscellaneous rewards like staying on one side of the screen or not using dash or dashing through pink parts so many times and so on. Playing online by yourself also gets you a "you have no friends points."

Ranking trophies: These can not be the same song so you need to do 20 different songs getting rank A and 15 songs need to be rank S (The S can be used for the A ranks)
 S Rank - Not getting hit
A Rank - Not losing a life
B Rank - Loss of one life
C Rank - Loss of more the one life
While you need to do 15 different songs for S the standard and hardcore versions have their own rank so you can do the same song on both modes and it will count for 2.

Miscellaneous trophies: 2500 dashs will come within the 50 challenge trophy some stages need you to dash throw pink parts and a boss level has you doing dashes everywhere. Saving 250 friends this can only be done by either online or using more then one controller there is no AI bots to help you get this one. After a player is killed they will have a small help and be faded you just need to move over them to bring them back to life for a point however they move to the left of screen and if they hit the edge they will die for good until a checkpoint.
If you have four controllers have all three start each song to the right of screen and you will have this within a few runs. A boss stage called close to me is great grind if you need it, just sit them at the top right of screen and you will get 50+ in one run.

System and Difficulty: Play story mode first to get use to the game each non boss stage has checkpoints, if you want to just get a feel for it turn casual mode on which gives you double health, dash is your friend as it lets you dash over a pink bit (parts you need to avoid) Each song has a light pink tracker mark which means incoming move away so it gives you some warning for a lot of the stage but not everything has this tracker (Hardcore mode has the tracker showing up late and has more things to avoid)
When it comes to the Challenge mode there are three stages stage 1 and 2 will have three random songs and you can pick from the three, the third stage is always a boss which is picked at random after 50 challenges you become rather good at the boss levels.
There are more then 15 easy songs to get the S rank on but don't get down if you get a bad run of hard songs in challenge modes as you can song select if you need to later.

Final note: The Mortal Kombat song is one of the harder songs in the game but fun non the less.
If you go looking at the Steam guides the PS4 version seems to be slightly harder or changed a lot of the "Cheese" spots no longer work but it's still a helpful read if you struggle on a song.

Thanks man! I'm definitely picking this up asap ?

• Like 1

• 2 years later...
On 13.05.2019 at 3:43 PM, fisty123 said:

...cut and sniff...

Pardon for Necro :D. BUT! This topic with @fisty123 comment is a super addon to the trophy guide.

Just got my plat! 

Story mode is a piece of cake, especially in party mode, but when I started challenges I was like "this is impossible!".

First - get A/S ranks on as many tracks as you can via playlist. Only then start the challenges and choose those tracks you are familiar with.

As mentioned - each challenge, depends on the chosen (random) track takes like 9-15 mins (2 tracks chosen out of 3, then random boss (including post main-story ones).

Practice the bosses - after 5-6th try you will laugh how easy they are.

This game is GREAT! Loved story mode, loved the tracks, even if 50 challenges took a lot of time I had fun!

AND! (as mentioned earlier) - if you have additional controllers - plug them in and start. Even if you will not save your "buddies" you will get A LOT of extra beatpoints at the end. Just let them die, you just have to "help" 250 for the trophy, but your final score is almost multiplied by 4! I regret that I didn't start to play like that from the beginning.

More games like this, please!

P.S. Too bad that "Mortal Kombat" track is so.... How to say it in English... Not used at 100%! Only 3-4 characters shadows? While "narrator" is announcing another char it shall appear on the screen! Anyway - nice "inside". And are those Devs somehow involved in "Shovel Knight"?...

Awesome title, highly recommended! 3-4/10 difficulty after getting used to it!

Edited by Smashero
  • Like 1