Everybody's Golf VR trophy thoughts?

You only need Birdie on all regular tee's of the tornado cup, just found out after struggling with long and short tee's on the Seaside courses and Dino ones then did short on the Forest set and got the trophy! Could have saved myself a load of time had I known that. Anyway, just the hole in one to go. 

I don't know how you guys have done it or even call it "easy" but I've been playing for at least 10 hours now since yesterday and I'm lucky if I end a 9 in/out with less than +10... and that's with using Tornado Cup. And I have to get a Birdie on ALL holes on ALL courses for one trophy and get under par on ALL holes on ALL courses to unlock the clubs for two other trophies?! Oh boy what did I get myself into here. My fault though, I should've payed closer attention to the trophy list and did my research a bit more thoroughly. 

I find controlling the hitting power, angles, etc., to be the trickiest of all and the reason why I'm doing so bad. I'm finding it to be really difficult to accurately gauge all the virtual mechanics. This isn't a PGA game. We as players are not PGA pros. Yet it seems like you have to fucking be one in order to platinum this shit! I'm sure there's a ton of players (like myself) that have never played golf in their life and don't know much about it. As another player in this thread mentioned on page one with the three-click method I wish they had at least added the option to do so instead of virtually swinging your clubs being the only option. 

I don't mean to bitch because I truly am enjoying the hell out of this game (when the caddy isn't being annoying or breaking my immersion with those stupid awkward caddy cutscenes) but damn man, I'm just really frustrated right now. I'll get the occasional Par or a rarer Birdie but consistency as a whole is nonexistent here for me. I'm really struggling and at this particular moment I doubt I'll ever see the platinum for this game unless something finally clicks for me. I'm not even kidding man I really, really suck at this game, LOL!

Playing seated is definitely possible but absolutely pales in comparison to playing it standing with a Move controller. As for the room needed, not much needed at all. I'd say a few feet is sufficient which is all I have to work with and it's plenty enough.

11 minutes ago, thefourfoldroot said:

Would love to play this but done have the room. I suppose playing seated is impossible? What type of swing room do you need?

I played it on my desk chair, you just need enough place to not bump into something ... but you really don't need a lot of space, nor being on your feet !

When i do the movement for playing it, while being on a chair, i go from left just over my left thigh to the right one ! You definitely don't need to do big movements (just take some more space just to avoid to destroy your hand on something :D)

21 minutes ago, MrTacoNinja said:

We as players are not PGA pros. Yet it seems like you have to fucking be one in order to platinum this shit! I'm sure there's a ton of players (like myself) that have never played golf in their life and don't know much about it.

I got the platinum without too much trouble, and i never played golf in my life ! (maybe 1 time on mini golf X) )

Maybe you play in a room with too much light, and so the camera has some difficulties to see your movements ?

But i'm really surprised you can only make +9 in Tornado mode Ôô

Maybe go to practice mode to see how you have to shoot for the ball to go where you want, and get the hang of it :)

Good luck :)

PS : I played it with a DS 4 controller, not a move one ;)

Edited by seblegamer

I finally finished my first 18-hole course (Forest course) under par. Yay me? But I'm curious, when going for the Birdie all holes trophy is there a way to... chapter select (?) a hole for each individual hole you need Birdie on or do you have to play the entire course up until the individual hole(s) you need? Also, when you get the Birdie(s) you need can I quit out afterwards or is finishing the entire course necessary?

• 2 weeks later...
On 23/06/2020 at 6:58 PM, MrTacoNinja said:

I finally finished my first 18-hole course (Forest course) under par. Yay me? But I'm curious, when going for the Birdie all holes trophy is there a way to... chapter select (?) a hole for each individual hole you need Birdie on or do you have to play the entire course up until the individual hole(s) you need? Also, when you get the Birdie(s) you need can I quit out afterwards or is finishing the entire course necessary?

No, there's no way of selecting the hole(s) you're missing. The quickest method is to replay 3 hole random until you get the hole(s) you're missing. Just bring up your in-game tablet when the game starts to see if you have the hole(s) you need, if not just quit and repeat. Once you get a hole you need and make birdie, you'll need to finish the 3 holes in order to make it count. Also, when going for birdie on all holes, you only need the short tee's on the tornado cup which should make things easier. 

Edited by Waa-Laa