Story Creator Opened a Pandora's Box of XP & Money Farms

Last week Story Creator Mode was launched as part of Ubisofts E3 promotion.  It was both ambitious, and by the looks of things, rushed to meet the E3 deadlne.

While some people have managed to get some decent stories/quests out of this mode, one quest released on the 12th made a splash of its own -- "Ultra XP Farming Simulator."  Depending on your boosts, it gave you anywhere between 700,000 xp and 1 million xp per play.  And each play took about 10-15 seconds, including load times.  In addition, you were rewarded a boatload of Drachmae making it easily possible to max out the amount of money to 9999999.  All the player needs to de is hold the retry button over and over and over to the desired number of level, drachmae, and/or ability points.

This got banned within 24 hours and it seems to have been patched out so that you can't make that kind of xp that easily.  Except this quest paved the way for copycats and other players now aware of what was possible in this new mode and 6 hours later, a Portuguese/Brazilian user would create several that brought it back, only requiring either the user to quickly kill enemies or to simply stand there as NPCs killed themselves, effectively bringing back the original farm.  Since then, others have come up with their own.

So far the farms are still around and Ubisoft has been slow to stem the tide.  They could ashcan the mode, but that would be a huge embarrassment.

In addition, if a quest does get banned, the player does not get ejected and the quest still exists within the game.  A banning merely means that if the player chooses the exit the mode and not retry, it will no longer show up on the world map again.  You can effectively stay in there as long as you want and even load up saves withing Story Creator Mode that have been banned.

While this would normally be a quickie exploit, the sheer number of Mastery Level Points the game offers makes these exploits quite enticing in addition to the money.  The Mastery Points are pretty much the only thing that make lvl 99 worth it due tot he auto-levelling.

These quests are best found by logging into your Ubisoft account and searching for the quests manually on the story creator browser and adding them to your story log.  Then, in game, go to options and make sure you have story creator mode enabled.  Then look for the quest in your story creator mode quest log and check it out.  The search menu is pretty effective in finding the more effective farms.

I was initially keeping it under my hat, but since Joraptor posted a video about it, I figured I would share their existence and expose one of the best beneficial blunders in recent console gaming history.

Lastly, it is worth noting that there are several weak tea farms that only reward 2000-3000 xp and 100-150 drachmae.  Ignore those and search for those that visually show a reward of around 30,000 and a cascade of 1000 drachmae rewards, though the actual reward is much greater.

It would be wise not to post links, as that may lead to a faster banning of that particular farm quest.

Edited by Mr_LuffyOP
More detail
  • Like 1

Ubisoft can't be happy about this at all. Anything that renders their in-game microtransactions obsolete, like the XP boosts and drachmae, is going to get shut down.

Also, the fact that they didn't see this kind of abuse of the system coming by implementing this mode is silly. I personally won't partake in these exploits as I just want to earn my levels / drachmae myself, but this was bound to happen given the insane amounts of drachmae required to earn your final ship upgrades.

• Like 3

In all fairness, Ubisoft fully deserve this for their outrageous pricing on upgrades, both ship and weapon/armor. I've upgraded only one of the final 9 ship upgrades and it's pathetic that Ubisoft has done this. Thankfully I found the tea-bagging XP farm before it got patched, but now I need money.

And yes, I'm aware they want you to spend real money on micro transactions, but spending $60 on a game plus season pass should be enough...

1 hour ago, Mr_LuffyOP said:

It would be wise not to post links, as that may lead to a faster banning of that particular farm quest.

Could you message me a link? Or if you're concerned to even do that, tell me exactly what to search under? Is it just "farm" or "farming" or "fast XP" or something more specific?

1 minute ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Can someone explain to me why farming XP is a worthwhile task in Odyssey? All enemies level scale so whether I'm at level 10 or level 50, there is no difference in difficulty. It is my one pet peeve about this game that I never see discussed.

If you're at level 10, upgrading ONE PIECE OF ARMOR may cost 1000 drachmae, but if you reach level 50, upgrading that same piece may cost 50,000 drachmae. The higher your level, the more expensive everything is. The maximum ship upgrades usually cost anywhere from 100,000 to 250,000 and that's if you care to max your ship out.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Pirelli913 said:

If you're at level 10, upgrading ONE PIECE OF ARMOR may cost 1000 drachmae, but if you reach level 50, upgrading that same piece may cost 50,000 drachmae. The higher your level, the more expensive everything is. The maximum ship upgrades usually cost anywhere from 100,000 to 250,000 and that's if you care to max your ship out.

Oh, I see where you're coming from. It's just not the way I play.

I have never upgraded my armour because enemy encounters always drop newer, stronger armour and therefore I am constantly changing it to whatever is the best.

In regards to your ship, I was able to upgrade to legendary status without farming for any resources or money by the end of the game. I know there is another level above that but I didn't see the point in upgrading once I got that trophy when there is no reason to even use the ship in the end game.

1 hour ago, Pirelli913 said:

In all fairness, Ubisoft fully deserve this for their outrageous pricing on upgrades, both ship and weapon/armor. I've upgraded only one of the final 9 ship upgrades and it's pathetic that Ubisoft has done this. Thankfully I found the tea-bagging XP farm before it got patched, but now I need money.

And yes, I'm aware they want you to spend real money on micro transactions, but spending $60 on a game plus season pass should be enough...

Could you message me a link? Or if you're concerned to even do that, tell me exactly what to search under? Is it just "farm" or "farming" or "fast XP" or something more specific?

I never at any point felt the need to buy drachma through the shop and daily quests and conquest battles gave more than enough money. The new ship levels and mastery shop were introduced as money sinks because by the end of the game you had tons of money and nothing worthwhile to spend it on. I find most people who felt they were being "compelled" to buy money through micro transactions were the people who wanted to rush through the game and were mad when they met a wall.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Mr_LuffyOP said:

Last week Story Creator Mode was launched as part of Ubisofts E3 promotion.  It was both ambitious, and by the looks of things, rushed to meet the E3 deadlne.

It's a beta, it's not a full release. They released it to test it out, and it's being tested.

• Like 2

52 minutes ago, DaikichiKawachi said:

Can someone explain to me why farming XP is a worthwhile task in Odyssey? All enemies level scale so whether I'm at level 10 or level 50, there is no difference in difficulty. It is my one pet peeve about this game that I never see discussed.

Really, the only benefit is the ability points, not only for the regular abilities, but the mastery abilities like adjusting CRIT levels, resistance, etc.  Basically permanent engravings attached to your character.  And there are 1600 points to spend on those suckers.

Also, a quick lvl 99 boost early in the game removes the need to spend on upgrade costs as all gear you collect from thereon will be at lvl99.

But yeah, it's far more negligible compared to Origins which had no scaling and therefore had you steamrolling everything.  Odyssey requires more gear stats to give a more noticeable edge.

Edited by Mr_LuffyOP
  • Like 2