About the actual situation of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1

Geridian

8 hours ago, Alos88 said:

*Snap*

As far as I know it is always a normal Season Pass disc where only episode 1 is included and you need to download episode 2-5.

Never heard about any kind of code included in Season Pass disc packages.

• 1 month later...

Since I finished MSM S1 (Complete Adventure Disc on PS4) and MSM S2 (Season Pass Disc on PS4)  some weeks before I can say for 100% that everything I wrote before is true:

The MSM games are playable even after the delisting if you owned them before digitally or you own a disc version.

Only the online components of the games are no longer working:

- Login to your Telltale account.

- Checking your choices through the menu.

- Crowd Play (Never used it in any Telltale game but I think that the host must be logged in to a Telltale account?).

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
On 6/28/2019 at 7:07 AM, Geridian said:

3) Season Pass Disc

Hide contents

• The first episode is included on the disc, but you need to download episode 2 -5 through the ingame menu
  • Adventure Pass episodes 6, 7, 8 are not included

B ) Disc versions

1. I bought the Season Pass disc and didn´t buy the Adventure Pass

Hide contents

You can still download episode 1-5 via the ingame menu or through your PSN library and through the DLC menu of games. But you can´t buy the Adventure Pass anymore so no episode 6-8 for you.

I bought a US copy of the game a few weeks ago, and as per the recommendation have used an American account to see what's available. As expected, the options to download episodes 2->5 are there, but when I go to buy the Adventure Pass for the rest...the link works, and it's on sale for USD $9.95 + tax - now, I haven't bought it yet because there wasn't enough in my wallet, but can anyone else confirm this was the case for them? Would sure be much easier and cheaper this way instead of having to rebuy the Complete Version ?

• Like 1

• 5 months later...
  • 9 months later...
On 25.11.2019 at 10:02 PM, jq291 said:

I bought a US copy of the game a few weeks ago, and as per the recommendation have used an American account to see what's available. As expected, the options to download episodes 2->5 are there, but when I go to buy the Adventure Pass for the rest...the link works, and it's on sale for USD $9.95 + tax - now, I haven't bought it yet because there wasn't enough in my wallet, but can anyone else confirm this was the case for them? Would sure be much easier and cheaper this way instead of having to rebuy the Complete Version 1f914.png

Hello community, in 2020 I was able to get my hands on a used copy of a "Season Pass Disc" for "Minecraft Story Mode - Season One" for PS3 for Region 2.

With the disc I did some testing myself to find out:

1. If the episodes 2,3,4 and 5 can still be downloaded (Because only episode 1 is included on disc).

2. If the availability of the "Adventure Pass" - episodes 6,7 and 8 is still granted or not.

The results I got where surprising:

1. I was able to successfully download the episodes 2,3,4 and 5 through the disc menu. But the way to achieve this was a bit confusing. Sometimes the games does not connect to PSN servers in a stable way: 

• Sometimes no episodes could be found and the game gave me a message telling that nothing was available for download. 
  • When I closed the game and restarted it then I was able to download one episode, but got an error while trying to download the next episode.
  • After more of the "closing and restarting action", with some console restarts and even switching to other PSN region 2 accounts in between, I was able to download episodes 2,3,4 and 5.

2. I was able to buy the "Adventure Pass" and even could download episodes 6,7 and 8. But I had to do the same "closing and restarting action".

==> Because of this I will update the information on first post. Also I apologise for conflicting information. I created the first post in 2019 with the information that was available on the web and had to rely on the information regarding the disc versions of the game I did not have myself in 2019.

• Like 2

• 4 months later...

Hey so not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore but can we get some ACTUAL confirmation on if you get the Complete Adventure disk that it will actually work? I can see it being sold on Amazon but I can also see reviews being left say that it doesn't work still despite it being the disk version.

Thanks in advance, would love to play this but just don't wanna waste money at the same time.

• 1 month later...
On 8/2/2021 at 10:55 AM, Big-Brady said:

Hey so not sure if anyone is monitoring this thread anymore but can we get some ACTUAL confirmation on if you get the Complete Adventure disk that it will actually work? I can see it being sold on Amazon but I can also see reviews being left say that it doesn't work still despite it being the disk version.

Thanks in advance, would love to play this but just don't wanna waste money at the same time.

I can confirm that the Complete Adventure disc has every episode (including DLC).

• Like 2

On 2.8.2021 at 4:55 PM, Big-Brady said:

*snip*

What type of confirmation did you need?

The "complete adventure" disc version has all episodes on disc.

If people say otherwise on Amazon, then maybe this happens because Amazon sometimes mixes user reviews for different versions of the same product together. 

Also "human errors" happen: People buying the false product or sellers sell the false product and buyers do not return the false product.

9 hours ago, Geridian said:

What type of confirmation did you need?

The "complete adventure" disc version has all episodes on disc.

If people say otherwise on Amazon, then maybe this happens because Amazon sometimes mixes user reviews for different versions of the same product together. 

Also "human errors" happen: People buying the false product or sellers sell the false product and buyers do not return the false product.

Hey there I know this is going to sound like a pain but it would be nice to see someone showing the game and booting it up to show it has all the episode.

I understand what you're saying and completely agree with you on those points there is just so much conflicting information around the Minecraft Story Mode games all over the place so its just so hard to know what to believe ya know

41 minutes ago, Big-Brady said:

Hey there I know this is going to sound like a pain but it would be nice to see someone showing the game and booting it up to show it has all the episode.

I am owner of the "Complete Adventure" disc of Minecraft Story Mode Season 1 for PS4 and played it for an psnprofiles event 2 years ago.

I can assure you that only the "Complete Adventure" Disc is really "Complete", season pass and adventure pass episodes.

This is the real boxart of the "Complete Adventure" disc for PS4: https://www.amazon.com/Minecraft-Story-Mode-Complete-Adventure-PlayStation/dp/B01LYWK7E7/ref=mp_s_a_1_3?dchild=1&keywords=Minecraft%3A+Story+Mode-+The+Complete+Adventure&qid=1631176070&sr=8-3

The "Season Pass" Disc is missing the three episodes of the "Adventure Pass".

And also with Amazon reviews, the case will apply that some sellers advertise the "Complete Adventure" version of the game, but end up selling the "Wrong Version" ==> No screenshots from the menu will help you if such an issue arrises .

You have to buy where you are sure to get the right version. So buy the game where used games are sold directly or your purchase can be reversed if you get the wrong product.

Edited by Geridian
Info
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...