srikir

Cross-Save

15 posts in this topic

Bungie announced a couple of weeks ago that cross-save would be added to Destiny 2. From a trophy standpoint, if one fulfilled all the requirements for the trophies on another console and then used cross-save and booted up Destiny 2 on the PS4, would the trophies auto-pop? Wouldn't the timestamps get messed up and very close to one another?

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

There's no way of knowing this until cross-saving actually goes live... So I really wouldn't worry about it too much. Even if the timestamps get messed up, there's no risk of getting flagged. Autopopping trophies due to cross-saving are not that uncommon, see Borderlands 2 for example.

3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

The Trophies all pop as soon as you log in with a character. The timestamps will indeed all be grouped at the same time.

Edited by Nerghal_213
2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Can confirm this as well. All Forsaken trophies popped up a few seconds after I logged into my character and reached orbit. Base game trophies would probably unlock as well retroactively seeing how a lot of player data is stored server-side.

Edited by Avigyl
3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a question: Can I switch my character between two platforms how many time I want and when I want? I would like to play on PC sometimes, but get back to PS4 to get trophies and stay in touch with my friends!

 

P.S.: Sorry for my bad English, I'm Italian

Edited by _Fenderfix_
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

@_Fenderfix_ During setup of the cross save you can choose which platform will be your main. Those characters (and only they) will be available on your other platforms anytime. But if you have characters on different platform to switch between them you have to wait 90 days. I hope I didn't confuse you. :)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dimi_mel said:

@_Fenderfix_ During setup of the cross save you can choose which platform will be your main. Those characters (and only they) will be available on your other platforms anytime. But if you have characters on different platform to switch between them you have to wait 90 days. I hope I didn't confuse you. :)

So I can move my characters from any platform every 90 days, right? For example: If today I move my main character from PS4 to PC, I have to wait 90 days until it can back on PS4?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/5/2019 at 9:08 AM, _Fenderfix_ said:

So I can move my characters from any platform every 90 days, right? For example: If today I move my main character from PS4 to PC, I have to wait 90 days until it can back on PS4?

 

I believe you pick a character to be cross save. It works on everything from that point. If you are wanting to swap to another character from a cross save perspective - there is a 90 day wait. 

 

I cross saved my only toon from ps4 which is my most progressed toon. It should now work on xbox, ps4, steam /battle.net.

 

My toon on pc was not allowed to be selected at the same time. He is not going to appear on my ps4. 

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Just curious, can Forsaken trophies unlock via cross-save even if I don't own Forsaken on PS4? (As long as I've fulfilled the requirements on PC of course)

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2019 at 7:45 AM, foccoon said:

Just curious, can Forsaken trophies unlock via cross-save even if I don't own Forsaken on PS4? (As long as I've fulfilled the requirements on PC of course)

 

Most people I know who tried it had it work, which is weird for me.  Because I had played on both PC and PS4, and ended up not getting Forsaken for PS4 at launch.  So when I booted up the game, even though I had plenty of Triumph score, it did not give me the triumph trophy.  As soon as I later bought Forsaken and then booted up the game, boom instant trophy.

 

Yet as far as I've seen people on different places say, it appears to work now with cross save.  Must be that the boxes the trophies need to see ticked are related to your account, and since I didn't own Forsaken on my PS4 account, it wouldn't tick those boxes, but let's say I had already done that on characters on a platform that did have Forsaken and brought them over, so the game sees those characters had those boxes ticked, and went alright, here you go.  I don't really know, but maybe that's why cross save works but it didn't work before cross save.

 

Anyway.

 

One word of caution.  In some cases the trophy/achievement for earning a seal does not pop.  I never finished Wayfarer, and just got my last Truth to Power lore book entry the other day, and since I want the achievements on Xbox, I am going to try and hold off for my last couple things in case it doesn't pop by itself.  If it doesn't, I'm going to try to obtain wayfarer on Xbox and see if that works.

 

I do not know if those who didn't have the seal triumph pop owned Forsaken or not.  Because many people got everything right away.

1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

So right now I have a character on ps4, the steam release is soon, I just move my character to the PC version and 'platinum' it there. THEN, after 90 days apparently, I can move my character back to the ps4 version, and all the trophies will pop?

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 24/09/2019 at 11:39 AM, BHK3 said:

So right now I have a character on ps4, the steam release is soon, I just move my character to the PC version and 'platinum' it there. THEN, after 90 days apparently, I can move my character back to the ps4 version, and all the trophies will pop?

 

You can move back and forth as much as you want once you've picked which character is your cross save one. The 90 day wait is if you're switching basically which entire account you're using as your main one. 

 

Create character/account 1 on PS4. 

Create character/account 2 on PC. 

For cross save you choose to use 1 as your main cross save one. This makes it basically ignore 2 and you go back and forth between systems using 1 as much as you want. If you decided you wanted to switch to 2 and use that instead you can, but that basically disables cross save again then you need to wait 90 days to reenable it. 

 

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

Edited by Gage
0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Gage said:

 

You can move back and forth as much as you want once you've picked which character is your cross save one. The 90 day wait is if you're switching basically which entire account you're using as your main one. 

 

Create character/account 1 on PS4. 

Create character/account 2 on PC. 

For cross save you choose to use 1 as your main cross save one. This makes it basically ignore 2 and you go back and forth between systems using 1 as much as you want. If you decided you wanted to switch to 2 and use that instead you can, but that basically disables cross save again then you need to wait 90 days to reenable it. 

 

https://www.bungie.net/7/en/CrossSave

so if I make a hunter and titan on PC, I can log into them on my ps4 without waiting 90 days? I plan on doing everything possible with warlock and leaving the titan and hunter subclass trophies for last

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, BHK3 said:

so if I make a hunter and titan on PC, I can log into them on my ps4 without waiting 90 days? I plan on doing everything possible with warlock and leaving the titan and hunter subclass trophies for last

 

If you are fine designating your PC account as the main cross save one and are fine not playing the PS4 created one yes. But then if you want to play a PS4 created one you have to disable cross save then have to wait 90 days to enable it again. 

0

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!


Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.


Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.