Different physical editions saves aren't compatible for Latin America

Montyzu

I had the base Horizon Zero Dawn game that came with the console and just got the Complete Edition verison (both physical) and save games are not compatible between the two versions.

From Guerilla website:

"Save games from Horizon Zero Dawn are compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition, but only if both games are from the same region. The exception is Latin America – save games from the Latin American edition of Horizon Zero Dawn are not guaranteed to be compatible with Horizon Zero Dawn: Complete Edition in every Latin American country. "

This is just a headsup for everyone in the same situation as myself. I read online that the saves were compatible and just went with it but apparently Latin America is different from the rest of the world.

Edited by Montyzu

1 hour ago, seblegamer said:

On my personal experience (if it can helps some in their choice) i did base game on EU digital version before DLC release.

I recently bought the physical complete edition, and my save worked like a charm :)

Apparently all the other versions of the game are fine regarding save compatibility, the only exception is the Latin American version that they "dont guarantee".

11 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Then Play the Standard Game and not the Complete Edition. Where is the Problem?

The problem is that you will have to replay the entire game even if you already did just to be able to access the DLC content.

If you know this problem before hand you could buy the physical normal version and the digital DLC, maybe it could work? I dont know. But now that I already expend money with the complete edition I wont buy the DLC alone, I prefer to just speedrun the game and play the DLC after.

I searched online before buying and everyone was saying that the saves are compatible, I bought it and they werent because it is a specific problem with Latin America so I made this topic to inform people that might be in a similar situation now or in the future.