Trophy Thoughts

Clafoutee

47 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Ok, so you have to do all the arcade runs on hard? The trophy doesn't specify difficulty, it just says all. I wasn't sure if all meant beat every hero once or beat them all (easy, normal, and hard) with a hard run stacking easy and normal. I was really hoping I didn't have to do hard on all of them. Just got Mercia's hard and that took many attempts, very frustrating. No matter my strategy, the computer just kept pumping out Golems and Emberwings every other turn. Clearly they had more gold then I even though I had one more village then they did nearly the whole match.

You have to beat them all for the full 200 stars and maybe a couple others. Currently the best options is to spam spearmen (After a wagon on a big map) and emberwings. This will beat almost all strategies. If there’s a map that’s all water, usually level 4 if I remember right, it’s quicker to restart the whole run. You may need to adapt slightly on the fly but usually it’s best to get 2-3 ember wings to push a main tower or enemy commander. If the tower is on a road 2 ember wings kill a tower. 

5 hours ago, Maitre said:

You need all arcade on hard mode for the 200 stars/unlock all galery.

The thing about arcade is that you only have about 3 easy strategy that give good results depending on the map.

1. Rush enemy HQ

2. Trap commander 

3a. Defensive lines of cheap units in front of trebuchets/ balistas for ground

3b. Massproduction of turtles sprinkled with amphibious 

If you expose your commander, computers will usually redirect their unit to hunt it and ignore your other foot soldier while they capture buildings.

Also use your commander to bait troops into your denfensive lines. If your commander is weakened, comp will also tend to hunt it with its own commander. Also dont forget to heal with reinforcements and wizards.

Got the plat 2 days ago... it takes some patience but i had fun so it was worth it.

Bleh. Didn't really care for arcade run on hard. The first four missions with Mercia were fine but that final one stunk. Over a dozen attempts, but from the bit I can gather, it was that particular map. Well, one down. Got to work on the main mission to unlock everyone. Game is fun, though the 'S' Rank speed run and having to play on hard difficulty takes away from being able to sit back and play for enjoyment.

6 hours ago, DanTheManGum said:

You have to beat them all for the full 200 stars and maybe a couple others. Currently the best options is to spam spearmen (After a wagon on a big map) and emberwings. This will beat almost all strategies. If there’s a map that’s all water, usually level 4 if I remember right, it’s quicker to restart the whole run. You may need to adapt slightly on the fly but usually it’s best to get 2-3 ember wings to push a main tower or enemy commander. If the tower is on a road 2 ember wings kill a tower. 

Hey, thanks for the info. My first four maps were quick and fun on hard, it was the last one that I just couldn't get. I lucked out a little at the end but I should have lost it as well. I was hoping for some sort of prize - like gear, a unit, a bonus - for beating the arcade on hard but all you got were lousy stars.

• 2 weeks later...

Can anyone confirm is the story trophies pop on story mode (easiest mode)? I don't have the patience for this game, but I'd like to blast through it and collect a few trophies while I'm at it. I know the S-rank isn't possible, just curious about the campaign trophies on story mode. 

On 2/8/2020 at 2:34 PM, DanTheManGum said:

On 2/8/2020 at 9:11 PM, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Bleh. Didn't really care for arcade run on hard. The first four missions with Mercia were fine but that final one stunk. Over a dozen attempts, but from the bit I can gather, it was that particular map. Well, one down. Got to work on the main mission to unlock everyone. Game is fun, though the 'S' Rank speed run and having to play on hard difficulty takes away from being able to sit back and play for enjoyment.

Hey, thanks for the info. My first four maps were quick and fun on hard, it was the last one that I just couldn't get. I lucked out a little at the end but I should have lost it as well. I was hoping for some sort of prize - like gear, a unit, a bonus - for beating the arcade on hard but all you got were lousy stars.

this plat MIGHT become easier once the free dlc comes out for it (its already out on xbox, switch and pc. no specific date for ps4 however). reason being is the new dlc adds 45 more stars, so getting the 200 star trophy difficulty will drop if those count towards the 200 requirement.

• 1 month later...

I AM ABSOLUTELY STRUGGLING. This is incredibly difficult. Stuck on Act 2 Mission 2. I have attempted to follow every video guide, every written guide, and my AI does things COMPLETELY different. From following the video exactly and somehow taking more damage than the video, to having the AI move into completely different spots... Which is fine, but the AI plays that way EVERY TIME WITHOUT FAIL. And I just can't seem to counter it. The Fog of war is an "ok" mechanic to have except that the enemy AI plays as if there is no Fog of war which is incredibly frustrating. 

Is there anyone who can provide some tips for me?