Trophy Thoughts

Clafoutee

I'm so glad this game is now out on PS4 (I didn't to play it on Switch because I don't give a damn about the portable mode). Too bad it's not crossplatform but... the level creation will be shared so I'm ok with it.

Anyway... any Switch / Xbox / PC players here that can give some thoughts about the trophies? :)

Unlocking all the art is mostly synonymous with (1) completing the story and (2) getting all or most of the stars, from what I can see

Getting all stars and S-Ranks is very skill-intensive... but will be absolutely trivial once the best of us put out guides ;)

3 hours ago, Clafoutee said:

I'm so glad this game is now out on PS4 (I didn't to play it on Switch because I don't give a damn about the portable mode). Too bad it's not crossplatform but... the level creation will be shared so I'm ok with it.

Anyway... any Switch / Xbox / PC players here that can give some thoughts about the trophies? :)

What game?

30 minutes ago, afc-razor-84 said:

Never heard of this game beforehand is it a RPG or dungeon crawler type game, 

27 minutes ago, Salvidrim said:

It's a tactical game, much like Advance Wars. Basically no RPG elements, just pure tactics.

What Salvidrim said. If you look up Advance Wars 2 gameplay it's similar, a lot of different tactical elements but the majority of the gameplay is really close to the AW series

37 minutes ago, Salvidrim said:

Unlocking all the art is mostly synonymous with (1) completing the story and (2) getting all or most of the stars, from what I can see

Getting all stars and S-Ranks is very skill-intensive... but will be absolutely trivial once the best of us put out guides ;)

Since the game is already on other platforms (since February), there are multiple guides on how to acquire S-rank on every mission.

Here's a Introduction guide : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1657323954

Here's a guide for S-Ranks : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652036118

What I still don't know is if there's any missable... But I guess there's none.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Clafoutee said:

Since the game is already on other platforms (since February), there are multiple guides on how to acquire S-rank on every mission.

Here's a Introduction guide : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1657323954

Here's a guide for S-Ranks : https://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=1652036118

What I still don't know is if there's any missable... But I guess there's none.

Yeah, that's one of the only advantages to the PS4 version being delayed!

Also: nothing is missable whatsoever. You can always replay any completed mission anytime.

• Like 2

The toughest trophy will undoubtedly be unlocking the whole gallery as that requires getting three stars on all the levels and towards the end you can't make any mistakes. Video guides from the switch version should be out by now so it probably won't be as bad for the PS4 crowd. Fantastic game though and I hope everyone enjoys it as much as I did, but I sunk too many hours into the switch one to replay it again just for trophies I think haha.

Good luck to all! I can give some tips too if anyone needs any when they are playing through.

• Like 1

This is an amazing game I think it will very doable like others have said its already been out for switch so lots of people have guides but I would suggest giving this game a go without the guides it felt good to complete all the levels and the ability to make maps and play other peoples creations really gives the game more life

Will be buying this for PS4 for sure I can't wait!

• 3 months later...
  • 1 month later...

Well if anyone else wanted to know. I bought the game a couple of days ago and online is pretty much dead, so you'll need to find a boosting partner for two online trophies.

Otherwise the game is great. So far after 8 missions in the story mode, getting 3 atars for each level is easier than the s rank but the overview usually highlights the goals the get the s rank so stumbling around is less of a pain. Although using a guide could work as easily i guess.

• Like 1

On 07/01/2020 at 10:12 AM, Together_Comic said:

@Maitre What are the two online trophies, I see win an online match in quick play is there another?

That would the win a skirmish and win a quick play but if you do a quick play it should pop both at the same time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 2/3/2020 at 8:42 AM, Maitre said:

Only 4 hardmode arcade left for plat

Ok, so you have to do all the arcade runs on hard? The trophy doesn't specify difficulty, it just says all. I wasn't sure if all meant beat every hero once or beat them all (easy, normal, and hard) with a hard run stacking easy and normal. I was really hoping I didn't have to do hard on all of them. Just got Mercia's hard and that took many attempts, very frustrating. No matter my strategy, the computer just kept pumping out Golems and Emberwings every other turn. Clearly they had more gold then I even though I had one more village then they did nearly the whole match.

43 minutes ago, Matrim_Drasgen said:

Ok, so you have to do all the arcade runs on hard? The trophy doesn't specify difficulty, it just says all. I wasn't sure if all meant beat every hero once or beat them all (easy, normal, and hard) with a hard run stacking easy and normal. I was really hoping I didn't have to do hard on all of them. Just got Mercia's hard and that took many attempts, very frustrating. No matter my strategy, the computer just kept pumping out Golems and Emberwings every other turn. Clearly they had more gold then I even though I had one more village then they did nearly the whole match.

You need all arcade on hard mode for the 200 stars/unlock all galery.

The thing about arcade is that you only have about 3 easy strategy that give good results depending on the map.

1. Rush enemy HQ

2. Trap commander 

3a. Defensive lines of cheap units in front of trebuchets/ balistas for ground

3b. Massproduction of turtles sprinkled with amphibious 

If you expose your commander, computers will usually redirect their unit to hunt it and ignore your other foot soldier while they capture buildings.

Also use your commander to bait troops into your denfensive lines. If your commander is weakened, comp will also tend to hunt it with its own commander. Also dont forget to heal with reinforcements and wizards.

Got the plat 2 days ago... it takes some patience but i had fun so it was worth it.