Qu1ck57r1k3's Quality(?) Plats

Rick_Sanchez

L417d3a.png

1L1d0b21.png

Platinum # 211

Fun: 8/10 for songs and a 2/10 for diva room

Difficulty: 3/10 for songs and Cuckoo Clock grind /10 for diva room

This will be split up into two parts for a very good reason. The main game where you'll spend a good amount of time is a rhythm game where you press buttons according to whats flying around on screen when they get to the location on screen to press them. I mainly find where they will end up and press the button when the on screen arrow is almost at the top of the button. Sometimes there will be an arrow and button (down and X for example) that you have to press together but you can buffer the arrow before pressing the button. You also have stars that you have to flick the control sticks for and there are large stars that takes flicking both sticks to hit them. Each song as a set of challenges which range from using a challenge item, to beating the song using a specific costume, earning a total score between all playthroughs, etc.

Now the Diva room grind, OH GOD THE DIVA ROOM GRIND. This is where I spent the entire last few weeks at with this game. You have to max out the affection of each of the 6 characters, give them items to check off a list of things to do, as you give items and increase their affection you unlock more items. Occasionally they will want to play a game or make a request to change something about the room, always say yet as you need to do this 78 times to unlock the Cuckoo Clock item needed for the accessorize trophy. There are other things to buy such as room decals, furniture, etc and you do need to buy everything. You can manipulate it to a point with PS+ by buying everything on one thing and pop the trophy and reload your save so you can keep the points spent on it. To have the character make a request you have to rub their head 10 times which at max you can rub it 5 times without having the heart bust. It takes 15 minutes before you can rub their head again once. I ended up leaving my PS3 on and play other games while I let the time run up so I can rub their heads more which is required for unlocking more items and filling out the event organizer list.

• Like 1

L8b2e54.png

1L22ef21.png

Valkyrie Drive Bhikkhuni

Plat #212

Difficulty: 3/10

Fun: 8/10

If you played Senran Kagura games then you'll be familiar with this game. The characters are brought to an island due to a virus that over time makes them super powerful and needs to be researched and cured. I wont go too deep into the story here but I will go over the unnecessary grinding. You will do a lot of grinding for everything be it money to grind for clothes in the clothes printer, grind for 5 million XP (you need 2 million to max all characters), and grind for completely destroyed clothes. There are a number of challenges that you need to do but most of them aren't too hard and there is a survival mode as well which also isn't too hard. This is easy but very very grindy.

PS The yuri fan service is there and in your face! 

• Like 1

L18007b.png

1L8dde36.png

Plat # 213

Difficulty: 3/10 (with a guide)

Fun: 7.5/10

Unlike most other Touhou games, this one is a fanmade metroidvania game that's short and sweet. There's just a hand full of bosses that can pose a challenge until you learn their attack pattern and how to cheese them with the exception of one or two. There are a hand full of missable trophies like getting a picture of all the enemies and NPCs, delivering candy in 10 seconds but by following a video guide you can get everything done in one playthrough minus the 1 hour time attack playthrough. There's a few trophies that sounds hard such as beating the game without saving and without using healing spells, but is nullified by turning on respawns. Honestly the hardest trophy is the time attack which if played carefully you can beat the game in about 20 or so minutes with no deaths, with each death that adds 5 minutes to your time.

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

L1ec299.png

1L5c959f.png

Platinum #214

Fun: 6/10

Difficulty: Branch D final boss/10

This is one of those games that's so bad it's good. I can feel a good game is wanting to come out but it's held back by how the game operates. Like some attacks you can dash/block cancel and others you can't and it's the worst time for you not to be able to dash/block if you're doing such attacks. If they had more time to not only polish the combat and fix the frame rate it would've been an above average game. Seriously, I don't complain about the framerate dropping that much since I'm too focused on the game itself, but when the game literally comes to a slide show presentation (it rarely happens but I had it happen a few times) I feel I must say something about it. Trophy wise, it's a handful of unmissable story trophies, a few skill based ones such as get a 100 hit combo, buy and upgrade everything, use your partners in a number of missions to receive their gift, kill 1000 enemies (you'll be doing this a lot), level up a lot, open all treasure chest, and complete side quest. The final boss is the most frustrating thing about the game, it's a rhythm style boss that you need to pay attention to your dragon to activate it's attack when the boss's attack is about to hit. As the fight goes on, the camera stops being on the dragon and goes wherever it damn well pleases causing you to screw up, not to mention the things you have to hit after the screen goes dark even when the characters start talking to each other. It's a literal trolling boss fight. That is the biggest gate of getting the platinum trophy. Get that, and it's almost guaranteed to be yours.

Also while all the DLC is overpriced it gets you a boat load of gold you'll need to upgrade your weapons, like between 3-4 million gold. Not enough to upgrade them all but it will help. 

• 3 weeks later...

L7c55f3.png

1L866296.png

Platinum #215

Difficulty: 5/10

Nier is quite a fun action game. Your goal isn't to save the world or anything, the main character's daughter contracted a fatal disease with no cure and comes across a magical talking book that holds the key to curing the disease. So you're off to find all the sealed verses to bring the book to its full power. Throughout the game and taking on quest, you'll see that the world is always sunny, the big old ball of light in the sky is always there. However despite it always being sunny, everyone's lives suck and it can be depressing when you take on certain quest and it leaves you sad over what happened. Anyway, the game isn't that hard, there's a speed run but honestly 15 hours is more than enough if you ignore all quest and skip cutscenes and just focus on the main quest, I did it in about 9 hrs. I recommend using the spear with a square square square triangle combo, it wreaks most everything. Also, WARNING! WARNING! WARNING! Get all trophies before you go for ending D. When you go for ending D, the game erases all trace of you. Which means your stats, weapons, items, etc are gone including your save file.

• 3 weeks later...

Lfe0221.png

1L9e1d13.png

Plat #216

Difficulty: 4/10

DLC: Most are 2/10 while a few earns a 6/10

I'm going to be upfront here, I'm not the biggest fan of racing games. I do occasionally like them but I get easily irritated by them. Driveclub, however, I did not get too irritated like I normally do. It's pretty darn fun and I enjoyed the different events it provided from drifting to time trials. If you're going for the 100%, some of the DLC is quite a pain which includes the one with Venom Hot Lap 2 and One Man One Engine which are pretty damn annoying. The primary trophy list is simple and nothing too crazy. There are a few online trophies but they can be self boosted by sending challenges to a dummy account, do bad in them on the dummy account, and do good on your main account.

L479a37.png

1Lf4cd41.png

Plat # 217

Fun: 6/10

The "Difficulty" comes from not skipping the dialogue with the O button. There's also a lot of missable trophies that are available for a short amount of time which can be obtained with following a guide. It's pretty funny when going through the dialogue....okay look this game is short, can be completed with no effort with following a guide in about 2 hours. If you want to play it without a guide feel free to but be aware of missable trophies and DO NOT HOLD ON THE O BUTTON TO SKIP ANYTHING. Overall it's enjoyable if you like point and click adventure games.

• 3 weeks later...

L8b5e39.png

1L6fea5d.png

Platinum #218

Fun: 9/10

Difficulty: 9/10 without OP Pistol from Citadel DLC, 6/10 with it

I can't begin to talk about this game without bringing up the single ending choice you get. It was the worst ending ever. However, despite the ending, the journey was awesome from epic moments fighting reapers on foot to assaulting Cerberus bases and making peace between all the races against the reapers. The multiplayer was pretty fun and I like how the game has trophies that can be earned in single player or multiplayer, more games should do that. The DLC is worth every penny especially the Citadel DLC with not only the most OP Pistol since Halo's pistol, but the hilarity that ensues at the party.

18 minutes ago, Rick_Sanchez said:

I like how the game has trophies that can be earned in single player or multiplayer, more games should do that.

Yeah, I'm all for online trophies having an alternative, harder, offline unlock method. Making the trophies never go unobtainable, and people can play it offline if they want to, but online is encouraged. It doesn't devalue the online trophies either, when the alternative offline requirements are harder.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, MMDE said:

Yeah, I'm all for online trophies having an alternative, harder, offline unlock method. Making the trophies never go unobtainable, and people can play it offline if they want to, but online is encouraged. It doesn't devalue the online trophies either, when the alternative offline requirements are harder.

I literally can't wrap my head around why they don't do that. Like if it becomes unobtainable via the online way the other way, while harder, is still possible and making the platinum obtainable still. Like with Overlord 2, I didn't know it had online trophies and played it for fun and shelved it for a few years thinking I'd come back and complete it while I play other games. Then I found out it had online trophies too late. 

L43a6d2.png

1Lf7240e.png

Call of Duty: Black Ops III

Platinum #219

Difficulty: Realistic Difficulty/10

Oh joy, Call of Duty and this time it is actually difficult to do. Not only does accolades return with each level which range from killing enemies in a short amount of time in a specific spot to the classic don't die on veteran it ups the ante with realistic difficulty which is brutally difficult if you're by yourself. Luckily there's online 4 player co-op which is a godsend to do the campaign with, find people, you'll need them to revive you and revive them. The multiplayer trophies are tedious but doable with luck. The zombie mode returns and is quite fun with gobble gum perks and is not too difficult and can be done solo. There's also a tedious grind where you have to unlock all the weapon camo's in the single player which involves thousands of kills with each weapon. Overall, a lot of effort and co-op is required for Black Ops 3, I'm not sugar coating this. This game will brutally kill you at every chance it gets on realistic.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Lb8312e.png

1Lbe34e2.png

Platinum #220

Atelier Ayesha The Alchemist of Dusk

Fun: 7/10

Ayesha is quite a simple game to get the platinum trophy in with some effort. While there is a lot of missable events that will lock you out of endings you can make the ending hunt easier if you do a normal playthrough first and do whatever and when you complete the main story and get into the post game by beating the final boss, make the ultimate equipment using a guide on youtube to equip on all of your characters so they can wreak the game on a NG+ run. Don't worry about dying because that's just a slap on the wrist. The only real difficulty is your first playthruogh where some areas you're suppose to go to has very strong enemies that can wreak you by looking at you funny.

• Like 2

• 2 months later...

L89f8be.png

1L420a72.png

:platinum: PLATINUM 221 :platinum:

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate

Fun: Dynasty Warriors/10

Time: 100+ hrs

Warriors Orochi 3 Ultimate is one of the best Dynasty Warriors games I've played. It has an absolute ton of characters to pick from once you unlock them to plow through literally thousands of enemies per map. After you start unlocking characters you'll need to level them up which you can do by using them or using upgrade points. Some characters are far more useful than others. Lu-Bu for example is a walking death machine with high damage while other characters have funky attacks that don't do much. Then we have Ayane, holy hell Ayane is the most broken character in the game in gauntlet mode. There's a set up where you can have certain skills on her weapon that makes her a goddess of death. But enough about how Ayane is the best character to use and what to do. There's story mode which as you progress you unlock almost all characters, some levels unlock only when certain characters have enough friendship between them. Those levels look optional but are required to do to unlock remix versions of other levels to make the battle easier and to save characters that died the first time through. Every character has a mystic weapon which requires you to use them on a specific battle on hard or chaos difficulty and kill certain characters while getting a certain amount of regular kills in a specific time limit. Some are easy some are harder and they can be earned in different levels if possible.

Gauntlet mode has you using 5 officers at once and clear stages upon stages of increasingly difficult battles in which you have to find the exit portal and this is why you have to set up Ayane perfectly to be the goddess of death in that mode. Other characters can work with the same set up but I found Ayane to be the best. (kudos to SieKensou using this set up on Gamefaqs which I copied from) It's where you're going to spend most of your time after clearing story mode to clear the 80+ requests which range from killing an officer 5 times to killing 500 specific enemy types which you'll spend hours upon hours of looking for them on the stages. You have to clear Gauntlet mode at least 4 times before you can unlock all of the stages so save the requests for last so you have more stages to look through to find the officers/soldier types.

You also have dual mode which is a 3 vs 3 fighting mode where you can use any unlocked characters with card abilities to help in fighting. You have to get at least 80+ wins in survival mode which Lu-Bu's grab attack is pretty useful with certain card skills. Speaking of cards, every character has a regular and gold card. Regular card is unlocked by unlocking the character and the gold card can be unlocked with 1 of four ways depending on the character. One way is to reach a certain win in survival mode, beating them in vs mode, using the character to S rank one of their skills, beating a certain stage on hard difficulty.

Overall, there's a whole lot to do, some minor frustrations such as the 80+ wins in survival mode and gauntlet mode is a pain until you can set up Ayane to be a goddess of death, but with perseverance, you will get the platinum.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

La06c1a.png

1L760146.png

Platinum Trophy 222

Taking place in the in game MMO 4 Goddesses Online, we move away from a lot of normal things for a Neptunia game. For one, it's not turned based, there's no HDD mode as the Goddesses are their own characters, and a lot of characters don't use what they normally use as weapons. That being said, the game isn't that hard, all you do is use magic spells to against enemies that has an elemental weakness to said spell or just beat them to death with regular attacks. Bosses, on the other hand, take a lot more punishment and needs to be taken down with magic until their break meter is broken and allows you to do more damage for a small amount of time. It's the easiest Neptunia game to get the platinum in, just do all the quest and level everyone up to a certain level to learn all of their skills and you pretty much have most of the trophies by the time you beat the game as they're mostly event related trophies and nothing is missable. 

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

Laf852f.png

1Lf03cc9.png

Platinum Trophy 223

Fun: Initially 8/10 then the grind is a -10/10

Difficulty: 7/10

After starting this game a few years ago I thought I'd never get the platinum, never played much into it and never looked back. I saw the let's play Mugen Souls thread and decided, know what? I'm going to get that plat. This was back in April. It is now the end of August and I've spent 830 hours going for this platinum. This is by no means the average, I took longer due to leaving the game idle to get food, falling asleep for a while, taking my dog out, etc. That all added up. Take away all the time I wasn't playing and you'd get closer to around 500ish hours. Still a long time to grind. This game has you grind little rabbit creatures called shampurus. There's 101 of them and they max out at 9999, you need to get almost all of them maxed out to get this platinum. There's a few other miscellaneous things to do such as get to level 9999, peon fuse 10 times, get a 999 hit combo which is not that bad to do. It's only the get almost every shampuru maxed out that's the issue. I'm glad to be don with this. Now to start Mugen Souls Z :awesome: 

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

L2358a1.png

1L8720e0.png

Platinum trophy: 224

Difficulty: 6.5/10 with DLC, 7.5 without DLC

Time: 112 hrs

I think the developers got the message that doing everything in the last game was way too much. This is nowhere near as bad as the 1st game in terms of completion time. There's a lot of gameplay changes that fixes a ton of what was wrong with the 1st game. The combat flows more quickly and you can see where the crystal affects on the field instead of having to select it like in the 1st game. Moe killing is much simpler to where it shows what each phrase does so you don't select the wrong thing to make things worse for yourself. The true ending is one of those you gotta look up the guide to not miss an event type ending. Even after you get a ton of grinding done to level up your gear you're still going to need luck and patience. Get use to seeing the game over screen.

• Like 2

L4a4c62.png

1La6578d.png

Platinum #225

Difficulty: 6.5/10

Sadly, this platinum is no longer possible as of the end of June. Unless you have all of the online trophies and minor miscalculation you're SOL if you want this trophy. The game on Mercenary difficulty is hard but fair. There are a few areas where the game is blatantly giving you the middle finger but if you set up your turrets and farm rift energy you can just have the turrets kill everything before they become a problem. Checkpoints are sporadic, they sometimes let you farm things, sometimes you don't get to. The hardest part was defending a bomb but setting up a supply bunker, dropping 3 turrets on top of it, dropping a few turrets on top of an area where enemies spawn in at, dropping a lot of turrets around the bomb, and building a few beam turrets and turning them into AA guns will get you by it. That strategy works most of the time. Anyway, it's not difficult on mercenary difficulty is what I'm getting it as long as you prepare.

• 2 weeks later...

Lbd00df.png

1L54f42f.png

Platinum #226

Difficulty: 6.66/10

Diablo III is the sequel to a very popular series and when it first launched on PC it was met with a huge backlash of players that couldn't play the game due to error 37 and the fact it required a consistent online connection. Since then it has seen its way to consoles and it feels like a console game over a PC game. Diablo III is a dungeon crawler adventure game that you can create your character off of different classes that has their own strengths and weaknesses. It's not required to play as all of the different classes so I mainly stuck with my Witch Doctor class that can summon dogs and zombies to fight alongside him. You have to beat the game multiple times on the different difficulties and level up a character to level 30 in hardcore which translates to death = permanent. The worst trophy in the game is picking up 5 million gold. You'll likely be done with everything else in the game before coming close to that amount. Just look up the key farming area in Act III for gold and put on music you like, you'll be there for a long while. 

A big shutout to my buddy @SnowxSakura for helping me kick this game's butt, couldn't have done it without him.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

L5a7de5.png

1L09affe.png

Platinum: # 227

Difficulty: 4/10

Tera is a free to play MMO that's humongous and offers a variety of classes to play as and one to unlock. The trophies are not that difficult aside from two. You just have to reach level 65 and beat all of the dungeons listed in the trophy list with exception to one dungeon you have to run multiple times to kill certain bosses that has a chance of spawning each run. The hardest part about this game's platinum is the two trophies for the world bosses which are stronger monsters in each area that has a long spawn time from 1 - 6 hrs maybe longer. Huge shout out to my buddy @SnowxSakura and our other friend Casey for being awesome at healing and tanking with me being a god of war death machine with the reaper class after unlocking it.

Edited by Rick_Sanchez
  • Like 1

L5a7ec2.png

1Lf83d2a.png

Platinum # 228

Humans, they run and jump. They press buttons, open doors, move objects. They will swing from place to place. They will gather objects, drive vehicles, and most of all, fall flat. Human Fall Flat is a fun puzzle indie game where you play as a human in a world ripe for exploration and puzzle solving. The levels are all fun and unique, each requiring different uses of the world around you and is never boring with a friend. One level you will be catapulting yourself over a castle wall and the next you're rowing a boat to get to a shipping boat to dock in a port to continue on. The physics of the world can work against you as much as it can work for you, for example there's a part where you have to use a cane to grab onto an extension on a wall to swing over to the next area. The cane can cooperate just as much as it can do anything but what you want it to do. Co-op can be a big help in getting some things done and if one person does a trophy in the level, everyone gets it aside from the trophies for running so far, jumping so many times, and respawning so many times. It's short but fun with friends. Shout-out to my buddy @SnowxSakura for convincing me to get this game when it was on sale and completing it with me.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...

L51930e.png

1L8b7a48.png

Platinum # 229

The order 1886 is known for being a massive letdown and ending too soon for a $60 game. I do recommend buying this game for less than $10. With that out of the way, you do get a 3rd person shooter that doesn't pose much of a challenge as you can play on easy for all of the trophies. Just follow a video guide for the collectibles and all you have to do from there are kill related trophies. Be sure to use every weapon you come across to kill enemies with as there is a trophy for killing an enemy with all weapons. All in all, there is nothing terrible about the order 1886. It looks amazing, plays well, and I liked the characters. It is short and not worth $60 or even $20. 

• Like 1