Destruction Derby trophy

Did anyone else have trouble getting this trophy to unlock? I've killed the zitadelle just after the underground section of level 1 with an exploding car 6 times now, and I still don't have the trophy. Does this have to be done on Normal difficulty or something (I'm currently on Hard)?

Every single time, I ram (L2) into the car, it hits him and explodes, killing him in 1 hit, and no trophy.

On 18/08/2019 at 1:49 AM, NathanielJohn said:

Did anyone else have trouble getting this trophy to unlock? I've killed the zitadelle just after the underground section of level 1 with an exploding car 6 times now, and I still don't have the trophy. Does this have to be done on Normal difficulty or something (I'm currently on Hard)?

Every single time, I ram (L2) into the car, it hits him and explodes, killing him in 1 hit, and no trophy.

I just did this on hard, you have to ram the car and very quickly shoot it with the flamethrower before it hits him. This causes the car to explode mid air and the explosion kills him. Just ramming it into him won’t work.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, boromir120 said:

I just did this on hard, you have to ram the car and very quickly shoot it with the flamethrower before it hits him. This causes the car to explode mid air and the explosion kills him. Just ramming it into him won’t work.

Oooh thank you. I was doing the no-flamethrower trophy at the same time, which explains why it wouldn't pop for me.

• 2 weeks later...

I found it easier to just keep ramming the first car (the one on the left) until it comes to a stop right in front of him. Then ram it again and it will explode. No need to use the flamethrower and if you just keep ramming it forward, he won't have time to blow it up first.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 months later...
  • 3 years later...