Trophy Thoughts?

kidson2004

4 minutes ago, Kitsune said:

That's funny because I'm pretty sure that I did none of the things you did, except for refusing the therapy (this step is important to getting the trophy I think). I also figured out that you can either befriend Tobi or Kirstie for this to work. 

That's funny because I did neither of those things either (I listed my detailed method a few messages earlier). I'm pretty sure you have to get the mother's file from the back office, but maybe there are multiple methods.

Also, in case anyone is doing analytics or anything, you do NOT need to kill anyone for the Prisoner trophy. I got Innocent and Prisoner on my very first playthrough (just reject Lucien in the final option).

Edited by bud-arc

4 minutes ago, bud-arc said:

That's funny because I did neither of those things either (I listed my method a few messages above). I'm pretty sure you have to get the mother's file from the back office and that's about it.

Also, in case anyone is doing analytics or anything, you do NOT need to kill anyone for the prisoner trophy. I got Innocent and Prisoner on my first playthrough (just reject Lucien in the final option).

OR it's possible that there are multiple options in how to get it work. Since I didn't get the mother's file from Steinbeck's office but rather spied on the Chief Inspector and Dr. Ballard.

Edited by Kitsune

19 minutes ago, Kitsune said:

Spy on the chief at the beginning. Use negative answers for Lucien and Blake convos. This should trigger the We need to talk scene. :)

About the THANK YOU trophy.

DO NOT USE SAVE BACKUP!!!

I screwed things up with it and had to replay the game 6x times AGAIN. 

I'll list you all the endings & requirements for them:

Reveal hidden contents

#1: Into the Moonlight:

- do not befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house.

#2: Not Alone

- befriend Kirstie, save Tobi (medicine that starts with E), kill Lucien, burn down Delphi house

- befriend Kirstie, kill Tobi, burn down Delphi house

# The Butterfly 

- kill Lucien, inhale the fragrance, accept the mask

#4: Prisoner

- you have to kill at least 1 person, during the convo admit you're sick. Reject trusting him. Lucien will then sedate you, this will trigger the Prisoner Ending

#5: Happy Family

Make sure to NOT KILL ANYONE. Drop the gun when he asks you to do so. Accept his offer. This should trigger the Happy Family ending.

you fell as victim in this one nice big bold advice. ?

2 hours ago, bud-arc said:

You get three opportunities to shoot Ballard when confronting her in the lab with Tobi. Instead of picking any of the dialogue options, just choose the gun instead (it will highlight when you hover over it). You can do the same thing with Lucien in the end and shoot him early without exhausting all of the dialogue.

Oh thanks, it seems I have misunderstood at first...I thought you had to hover your cursor over the woman to get the option...Hovering over the gun worked, finally got my trophy, thanks. :)

For the We Need To Talk trophy, here's how I got it.;

Answer the first phone call in the lobby of Delphi House.

Sneak into Steinbeck's office and look at everything on the desk; typewriter letter, left drawer and then right. Turn off music and then look at your mother's file.

Tell Blake about the phone call when he comes back.

BFF route doesn't matter I think, I took Hannah.

Mantion the phone call again whn you meet with Lucian and Blake.

Don't do the therapy session.

When you go back to your apartment, obey Blake when he says to stay inside. Answer the phone.

Pick "You're lying!" as a dialogue option when meeting with the inspector guy.

About the Paperwork trophy...something weird happened, I finally got the trophy after finding the newspaper clipping in the perfume room when getting the matches. Thing is, you just push it over to find the medallion. It's not anything you can inspect.

What's weird about all this is that I NEVER got the document from the viser in Blake's car after trusting him. What does it say on them? My guess is maybe I did get it but forgot what was on there...but I could swear, all I ever did in the car was sneak in the glove compartment and mess with the radio. :/

I only need the tophy for going home with Lucian and the stupid spy trophy...For the Lucian one, you really just don't kill anyone? No particular behavior to adopt with either Lucian or Greene during the course of the game?

Edited by TerminusCross

14 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

About the Paperwork trophy...something weird happened, I finally got the trophy after finding the newspaper clipping in the perfume room when getting the matches. Thing is,  you just push it over to find the medallion. What's weird about all this is that I NEVER gpt the document from the viser in Blake's car after trusting him. What does it say on them? My guess is maybe I did get it but forgot what was on there...but I could swear, all I ever did in the car was sneak in the glove compartment and mess with the radio. :/

I only need the tophy for going home with Lucian and the stupid spy trophy...For the Lucian one, you really just don'tkill anyone? No particular behavior to adopt with either Lucian or Greene during the course of the game?

Yeah, the trophy video I posted earlier didn't list the sun visor document either (which looks exactly like the same book of codes/numbers you discover in the drawer after chief inspector is murdered). I only listed it because someone else mentioned it earlier in the thread, but I think you've confirmed it's not required.

I'm not entirely sure, but for the Lucien "Happy Family" trophy, I think you just have to accept him at the end. I don't know if it's confirmed that killing anyone will void this for you. You get prisoner by rejecting him at the end, so as long as the option to accept him is available, I think he will forgive you nonetheless.

Edited by bud-arc

13 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

Hmm...I never got an option to accept him. So far all I ever get is to either murder him or lower the gun. :/

Yeah, after lowering the gun, he will put his arms around you and then it will give you one final choice. If you accept, he squeezes you tightly. If you reject, he injects you with the tranquilizer. Maybe this option only appears if you've killed no one else?

As far as the spy trophy, the trickiest ones to find (I'm not sure if they're all required) are the ones underground. After you pass the red room (where you can discover Hannah's body or find the sigil slide on the monitor), there is a doorway on your right with flashing lights where you have the opportunity to watch someone take the exam. Then if you go through the next passage and click on the table, you can watch Ballard entering the secret door in the back. On a separate playthrough, you have to click the far left passage both times (don't go to the red room) in order to see a conversation with Blake and Lucien. Then there are other ones I'm less sure of, like watching Greene from the other side of the door and saying nothing (you can unlock or secure and just stand there), or watching Hannah pick flowers when you choose to reject taking the test (instead of looking at the fox, she is off the far right corner). Then there are the ones when Ballard and Chief are talking (the door to the right when following the kids down the hall), looking through the hole behind the picture in the neighbor's apartment (warn Blake, then look through the hole a second time), an opportunity to watch Tobi searching around in Hannah's room while on Kirstie's BFF path, and then after rejecting/lying to Blake, you can listen to him arguing with Ballard down the hall. Those are all the ones I can remember off the top of my head.

Edited by bud-arc

3 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

Hmm...I never got an option to accept him. So far all I ever get is to either murder him or lower the gun. :/

You can't kill anyone before getting to him. Refuse to kill the guard so Greene does it herself. Let Ballard leave the room or tell her leave, and then save Tobi's life. Otherwise you won't get the choice to say you trust him. If you've killed someone, when he hugs you you don't get a choice and he just injects you with a sedative and you get the Prisoner ending.

Thanks guys, this should help. A little confused about spying on Blake in the apartment. You mean the one where you find Steinbeck's body? Where do you get an option to spy on him?

Also after rejecting him, you mean when he brings you back to your room after the inspector dies? Again, I never saw any spying opportunity there...I must not be paying attention xD

@abhinandhan22 Well you won't have a choie but to do several playthroughs as it's impossible to do everything in one run. Doing the first playthrough blind, I would actually recommend. It's a fun game and going in blind is the best experience imo.

Edited by TerminusCross
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, abhinandhan22 said:

Might be a dumb qn but looking at the problems some have faced using backup saves, I am just gonna ask the qn: Would doing one blind playthrough before following any sort of guide ruin any of the trophies forcing extra playthroughs. 

I did two blind playthroughs before even looking up any trophies. I just did opposite actions each time and unlocked two of the endings and miscellaneous trophies (plus some fox sighting, orchid collecting, etc. which add up across playthroughs). I focused the rest of my four playthroughs on cleaning up specific trophies (even if I didn't know exactly how to unlock them, just reading other people's experiences in the thread and getting a general idea). I still ended up getting the plat in the minimum number of playthroughs (6). I'd say just enjoy the game for what it is before looking up any guides; you'll still have plenty of time left to explore other options.

47 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

Thanks guys, this should help. A little confused about spying on Blake in the apartment. You mean the one where you find Steinbeck's body? Where do you get an option to spy on him?

Also after rejecting him, you mean when he brings you back to your room after the inspector dies? Again, I never saw any spying opportunity there...I must not be paying attention xD

When you first enter the neighbor's apartment, choose to go towards the back wall. There will be a photograph covering up a hole that looks into your apartment. Look through the hole to see some movement behind there. Blake will come up behind you and you can "warn" him that there's someone in your apartment. Once he goes to investigate, you can look through the hole again and watch him.

One of the trophies for backstabbing Blake involves kissing him when he comforts you after chief dies (I believe the correct options to get this are "Reproach" then "I think I'm going crazy," but only if you're on good terms with him in your playthrough). After kissing him (and lying to him about Greene), he will leave and then get into an argument with Ballard (who tells him not to fraternize with the patients), which you can spy on.

Edited by bud-arc
  • Like 2

55 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

So the only way to get the Blake/Ballard scene is to kiss him? Great lol. I got  it once, but I'm not even sure how. Guess I'll use all the "worry" and "fear" talk options.

Err I don't know about that. Erica needs to go underground for the first time after you "lie" to Blake. If you choose to hang out with Hannah, she'll already be where she needs to be to do so. I rarely got the opportunity to spy on Blake/Ballard when choosing Hannah.  

But... if you hang out with Kirstie or Tobi, she needs to leave the room and will peak out the door before she does, allowing you to spy on Blake/Ballard. The kiss isn't required for this. So just be sure to choose one of those two, lie to Blake, and you should get the chance to spy on Blake/Ballard. 

• Like 1

Great, thanks. :) Last two playthroughs I was with Hannah because I messed up the matches part for the personal space trophy. I'll go with Tobi as I know I didn't get the piano spy, plus I got the one with spying on Tobi when hanging with Kirstie.

Is it possible that the trophy wants you to get all spy opportunities you can get in one playthrough, and NOT every spy scene available?

Here's Velvet's video at the moment where you spy on Blake/Ballard. Maybe it's possible you already saw the scene and didn't realize it, because I don't think it's missable under certain conditions. (In the video, they chose the same options you would do for kissing Blake, but because Erica didn't cooperate/help enough, he didn't go for the bait. So maybe those are the correct conditions. *shrug*)

The spy trophy definitely accumulates over playthroughs because I think I only saw one or two in the last playthrough when I finally unlocked the trophy.

Edited by bud-arc
  • Like 1

Omg this stupid Voyeur trophy. I swear I got everything I need and it isn't popping. I got like three new spy scenes...thank you to @Velvet for the guide. :D

But I'm still missing things and am at a loss. Does looking at the camera in the basement count as a spy? I got the Ballard slide trophy out of that, but I didn't think to look at the left cam. Going to look at the video guide again to see. Maybe I missed something. Otherwise...I just don't know. 

Mayhe the Kirstie one? I did that twice though. What happens if you don't jam the closet door? I always jammed it. Is there a scene then? And what about the Hannah run? In my runs I gave the lighter, then inspected the documents and got caught by Ballard, then found the medallion and ran off to my room. Is there a spy scene here if you act otherwise?

On the Toby run, I got a spy scene where yoy see Hannah taken away, is there another one? I interacted with the piano but nothing happens except Toby taking me away. I started a new playthrough and spied on Greene through the peephole, then when the options to lock or unlock the door came I did nothing. (the guide shows to leave, which I've done a million times) God I am so stumped lol. Any spy scenes if you choose to go back to Delphi without Greene? I've never actually done that.

One that is confusing me is when you spy on Hanna after not taking therapy. I got it, but I didn't see her pick flowers, she just kind of walks by. Did I mess that up?

Or do you not have to move AT ALL during spy scenes. Lol god this is so frustrating.

Also I'm sorry lol. This lazy "give me everything" post sucks. But this is like 10 playthroughs here, kind of tired of this by now haha.

Edited by TerminusCross

At this point, I’m not sure what you’ve tried or haven’t. I can tell you that I didn’t need to look at the surveillance cameras besides getting the Epsilon slide trophy. There weren’t any additional ones with Kirstie; if you don’t block the closet door, she’ll just do it herself and it continues on as normal. In the scene where you watch Hannah with the basket of flowers, you did that correctly. (If you do nothing in that scene and just wait, she’ll just focus on the fox in the foreground; I tried that too, so I don’t know if it counted as anything.) When spying on Greene through the keyhole, I used both options of locking/unlocking the door and then just staring at her (waiting for time to run out). I don’t know if any of those counted either, but I was desperate at the time too. ;)

Sorry I can’t be any additional help on this. Every day that passes since I played it and I keep forgetting more details. All my playthroughs have blended together in my mind as one long supermovie. 

• Like 1

The spy locations:

- At the start, through the peephole, looking at Mia

- When you first arrive at the Delphi House, ignore the phone and go down the hallway, spy through the right door

- Refuse therapy. Choose the right blur for a quick spy on Hannah

- Hang out w/ Tobi, there is a spy opportunity after the piano (in the hallway outside of Hannah’s room)

- Hang out with Kirstie, there is a small spy scene looking in on Tobi in Hannah’s room

- Back at Erica’s flat, look through the hole in the wall twice — once to see the “intruder” and once to look at Blake

- “Lie” to Blake after hanging out with Kirstie or Tobi to spy on Blake/Ballard

- Underground the first time (Must lie to Blake) - look through the middle window, with the flashing lights 

- Underground the first time (must lie to Blake) - ignore the windows and go through the left door once. Interact with the table with the bottles in the next room for a Ballard scene

- Underground the first time (must lie to Blake) - go ignore the windows and go through the far left door. Try to go through the next far left doorway for the Blake/Lucien scene

- Accept to go with Mia, towards the end in the lobby of the Delphi House, peak around the desk to see Ballard talking to a nurse 

• Like 1

I've definitely done all that. For sure. Damn trophy must be bugged I guess. The only thing I can think of doing is another Kirstie run. I got the Blake/Ballard scene with Toby, but not with Kirstie. I'm assuming it's the same one, but don't know what else to do.

Edited by TerminusCross

4 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

I've definitely done all that. For sure. Damn trophy must be bugged I guess. The only thing I can think of doing is another Kirstie run. I got the Blake/Ballard scene with Toby, but not with Kirstie. I'm assuming it's the same one, but don't know what else to do.

Ok just for the sake of all sanity across the board, have the runs you've been doing been all new runs? No upload/download save files or anything? 

I just went back through the videos and the things I listed up above are all accounted for - I didn't open the door fully at the start to look at Mia (didn't fully open up the door at all really), so that's not one. You already have the foxes done, so that was going to be my next guess, that perhaps they count towards the trophy (in an odd sense of spying...). I'm not really sure what else exactly you'd be missing =/

• Like 1

I'm determined to see if we can figure this out for you, @TerminusCross. Just curious, when you looked through the hole in Greene's apartment, did you let the scene play out all the way through both times? There is an option to exit early, but I didn't do that (the scene where you watch Blake lasts a long time). Then again, I don't know if watching the entire scene is required for the trophy. For example, I never watched the entire scene when you arrive at Delphi House and spy on Ballard/Chief (through the right hall door) because I pushed open the squeaky door and got caught, but I still unlocked the trophy. I'm wondering if maybe there's something Velvet and I overlooked that we didn't realize counted towards it. I was lucky with this because I got it on my 5th playthrough.

• Like 1

All new files yeah, I never messed with upload/download. I heeded that warning from this very thread. And yes, I did let the scene play out twice when spying in my own flat.

Other than my new Kirstie run, which I will do tonight, there's one more thing I can think of, but it really is grasping at straws...I never looked in the viser in Blake's car, but I got the Paperwork trophy anyway...maybe if I go look at it something will, er, happen lol. Maybe the trophy mechanism is messed up a little. That would mean a second playthrough though.

But hey I really appreciate the help guys. :)

Edit-

Ooooooh my gooood...okay I know what I missed. I'm...such an idiot. I never looked at the middle window with the flashing lights. The one where Ballard is running the slide? Never saw that. When I read the description I thought for some reason it alluded to the red window and seeing that guy wheel in Hanna. I can't remember being able to even select it but...aye. I'm really sorry for all the confusion guys. That  should get me the trophy. At this point I'm more and more convinced that video guides are better than written ones, thanks so much for this. :)

Edited by TerminusCross

So I got the plat. I do apologize about all this, I was missing a spy scene. Was sure I had them all until I checked the video. Got weird things stuck in my head about what I did or didn't do in this game and...oh God, no! Just like Erica! xD

Hope you guys aren't mad lol. I truly appreciate the help and attention given to my problem.

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, TerminusCross said:

So I got the plat. I do apologize about all this, I was missing a spy scene. Was sure I had them all until I checked the video. Got weird things stuck in my head about what I did or didn't do in this game and...oh God, no! Just like Erica! xD

Hope you guys aren't mad lol. I truly appreciate the help and attention given to my problem.

No anger here =] Congrats on the plat, glad it all got settled. Started making me nervous about the actual trophy guide haha!

• Like 1

5 hours ago, TerminusCross said:

Ooooooh my gooood...okay I know what I missed. I'm...such an idiot. I never looked at the middle window with the flashing lights. The one where Ballard is running the slide? Never saw that. When I read the description I thought for some reason it alluded to the red window and seeing that guy wheel in Hanna. I can't remember being able to even select it but...aye. I'm really sorry for all the confusion guys. That  should get me the trophy. At this point I'm more and more convinced that video guides are better than written ones, thanks so much for this. :)

No problem, glad you finally got it figured out. I'm sure all of this will help the next person who stumbles upon it. I do want to point out I did mention this specific location earlier. ;)

On 8/25/2019 at 6:36 PM, bud-arc said:

As far as the spy trophy, the trickiest ones to find (I'm not sure if they're all required) are the ones underground. After you pass the red room (where you can discover Hannah's body or find the sigil slide on the monitor), there is a doorway on your right with flashing lights where you have the opportunity to watch someone take the exam.