Glitched game = glitched trophies

bud-arc

So this is weird. Currently I am in a very well known glitch, where you can't sleep because of a memory but there us no memory. 

The devs said in that this is a visual glitch if you press memory 13 it will work. That was a no for me, I tried to do other sidequests and nothing, not even the trophies poped until i closed the app, might have to wait for a patch. 

• 5 weeks later...
On 3/16/2020 at 0:47 AM, MAUSZX said:

So this is weird. Currently I am in a very well known glitch, where you can't sleep because of a memory but there us no memory. 

The devs said in that this is a visual glitch if you press memory 13 it will work. That was a no for me, I tried to do other sidequests and nothing, not even the trophies poped until i closed the app, might have to wait for a patch. 

Just hit this same one.  Also, I purchased all ten employees but Full House did not unlock (Arnold is listed as on my staff twice and Felix is nowhere to be found despite showing as "Hired" in the HR area).  Bright Spark unlocked after completing three R&D builds (still had at least two to purchase, let alone finish).  Cannot leave HR via normal backing out - have to use fast travel.

This is a mess.  Probably should've gathered that when the Wales Interactive logo screen was stuttering...and it's the first thing you see when loading the game.

• 2 weeks later...
On 15/4/2020 at 4:38 PM, BigBallOfHate said:

Just hit this same one.  Also, I purchased all ten employees but Full House did not unlock (Arnold is listed as on my staff twice and Felix is nowhere to be found despite showing as "Hired" in the HR area).  Bright Spark unlocked after completing three R&D builds (still had at least two to purchase, let alone finish).  Cannot leave HR via normal backing out - have to use fast travel.

This is a mess.  Probably should've gathered that when the Wales Interactive logo screen was stuttering...and it's the first thing you see when loading the game.

Happened to me, closed the app, opened the game again and the trophie popped. 

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Been playing it offline on v1.10. I encountered a game breaking glitch when Part 4 begins. I can't go into any rooms, there is no X button prompt, so I can no longer progress (fast traveling does nothing). If I enter a conversation, it is just a bunch of random letters and numbers, I can't escape. Going to try again, but I'm going to back up my save after every day.

Glitches I've had so far:

- Can't leave Human Resources, unless I fast travel. This problem begins when the extra staff becomes available to buy after the Staff Room is renovated.

- Can't go into rooms, no X prompt in bottom right corner (begins at Part 4).

- Can't progress to next screen in hallway (endless walking) (begins at Part 4)

- Can't leave conversations (begins at Part 4).

- Conversations have gibberish like "dshdfhjhdfjhfadkjfhadjfhdjkfdhsj" (begins at Part 4).

- When starting a shift in Cortex Control the video screen is completely black or bright yellow.

- Memory Bank says there are new memories to view but there is nothing unlocked.

- Trophies not popping (if I reload the game, sometimes they pop at the main menu). Sequence 5 took me 4 reloads to unlock. Scene 8 won't unlock at all.

Attempt #2 (v1.10):

Started a new save, I've been backing up the save after every completed day. Game always breaks after Scene 8 (February 6th), you can't enter any rooms, unless you use fast travel, but fast travel only teleports you to the Cortex Control door (not inside), so your screwed at that point. It's a real shame, since I think the game is pretty good.

Attempt #3 (v1.00 - v1.10):

I used the downgrade method and started a new playthrough. I managed to get Scene 8 & 9 trophies but I hit another dead end. I have the choice of releasing Theo from the hospital but I can't select Yes or No, neither choice can be highlighted. I also had a problem accessing the bar once it was renovated, I couldn't interact with the bartender to buy a drink or to exit the bar (thus the task is impossible to complete). I decided to upgrade to v1.10 and it just breaks the game to where you can't interact with anything. I'm going to download it again and try one more time, if I can't get the last 4 trophies on playthrough 4 then I give up.

Attempt #4 (v1.00):

I concede, I can't even buy a drink from the bar. Please do not buy this game, it's impossible to finish, and I have no interest anymore to look up the ending.

I made a video of the problem and sent a message to the developer. I'll update if I get a reply. I would avoid purchasing the game for now.

SuperStringLtd Response:

Thanks for getting in touch - hope you're staying safe and well in the ongoing madness. 
Apologies to hear you're having issues here. Sadly, Superstring has no option to update/patch Headspun, and you'll need to reach out to Wales Interactive. 

I really wish I could help you more here. The only thing I can do is offer you a PC key for the game, which doesn't have the same issues - let me know if this is of interest. 
Apologies again, and big thanks for taking the time to check out the game. 

Superstring developed the original PC version, and then Wales Interactive has ported, published and responsible for future updates. 
Sadly Superstring is unable to patch/update. 
Many thanks, 

Jamin

June 1, 2020

Wales Interactive Response:

Hey Ryan,

Thanks for getting in touch, I have forwarded it on to our tech team to look at.

Sorry for the delayed reply we are experiencing slower turn arounds in this pandemic.

Thanks,

WI team

Edited by FallenRyan

• 1 month later...

I'm having the same issues. I didn't think to check before starting to stream it. (But that means all my issues are on video.) However, I don't have much confidence Wales Interactive will fix it. I reported issues with both The Shapeshifting Detective and The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker to them, before COVID happened, and never even heard back.

Edit: Oh, a few issues I have that I don't see mentioned (but I might have missed it) is that I had to start a new play-through because my save was busted, and I just started listing all the things not mentioned above as they happen or as I remember from the previous play-through.

- my stress/multiplier bar broke. Despite the bar having no red on it, the multiplier was stuck on x1, awarding me only 18 NC per "correct answer" in a task.

- I also had the Sudoku task break briefly.

- Sometimes when in Cortex, the purple background wouldn't load when not in the "live feed" so it was hard to tell what I was doing.
- At least twice, the "live feed" broke, leaving me with a sunset looking image there, which also followed me out to the main menu, instead of the brain background. (I think this might be what is referred to above as this:)

- When starting a shift in Cortex Control the video screen is completely black or bright yellow.

- The game "forgot" that I had completed the Focus task (getting a 20 in the Reading task), which is fun. It even says "High score: 20"!
- In the Tablet menu, it always says 0/30 tasks completed.
- Also in the Tablet menu, the Main Quest (the star option) sometimes tells me to do the wrong thing, like "go to the cortex" even though it's late and he's asleep.

- If I ever enter the Restrooms (top floor, all the way on the left), I get stuck inside. (Similar to as described above for HR.)

- There were several days where I 

Spoiler

had the second Comic book for Teddy, but couldn't find him to deliver it, as he was never in his room.

- When I bought the Imaginarium, the game glitched and sold me the Right Hemisphere too, actually putting me in debt of -599 NC.

- Not a glitch in the same way, but in the dialogue after I managed to do the spoiler above, there was a dialogue box that was accredited to the wrong person.

- The characters in Crossword are sometimes misaligned in the box, which annoyed me. :P

- I tried to enter the HR room, and when the game finished loading, I was in the Cortex.

- If you have a person walk past you as you're walking past a door, you'll lose the ability to interact with the door, and need to move away from it and back. It's super quick, but really annoying.
- There's at least one spot where there's a person and a Super Average Joe poster in the same spot, so moving the conversation along also triggers the speech bubble about the poster.

- When walking around, the ground floor right region is called Right Hemisphere, but it isn't actually that.

- When you buy something in HR, you need to switch tabs to buy a second thing from the same menu.
- The Yes/No menu boxes behave weird in all menus, and sometimes you can have two different boxes at the same time.

Edited by swedechick
adding more info
  • Like 1

15 hours ago, swedechick said:

- The characters in Crossword are sometimes misaligned in the box, which annoyed me. :P

- If you have a person walk past you as you're walking past a door, you'll lose the ability to interact with the door, and need to move away from it and back. It's super quick, but really annoying.
- There's at least one spot where there's a person and a Super Average Joe poster in the same spot, so moving the conversation along also triggers the speech bubble about the poster.

- When you buy something in HR, you need to switch tabs to buy a second thing from the same menu.

I've experienced these glitches as well.

Sometimes when I interacted with a door (ex: Memory Bank) and a person was walking by, I'd enter the door and be in two different conversations at once, with the text overlapping each other.

I always had to switch tabs to buy items at HR on v1.10. A few times the item(s) I purchased was still displayed as never being bought.

On 2020-06-28 at 4:49 AM, FallenRyan said:

I've experienced these glitches as well.

Sometimes when I interacted with a door (ex: Memory Bank) and a person was walking by, I'd enter the door and be in two different conversations at once, with the text overlapping each other.

I always had to switch tabs to buy items at HR on v1.10. A few times the item(s) I purchased was still displayed as never being bought.

Oh, that sounds like fun. I just wish this game played well, because I actually enjoy the story. But I got another bug on my second play-through: the one where I need to go to the Memory Bank before I can sleep but even if I do, I can't go to bed. So I'm just done until a patch arrives, I guess. Like with Blacksad. I will however try to contact Wales and throw this list at them, along with links to all my VODs.

• 3 weeks later...
7 hours ago, swedechick said:

I actually contacted Wales Interactive a week ago. I haven't heard back yet. I'm not confident, I didn't hear back when I emailed them about issues in The Shapeshifting Detective and The Infectious Madness of Doctor Dekker either.

When I sent my email to them, I also sent them a message on Twitter. I included my video and just said a few fixes I'd like to see and to get back to me. I got a response back in about 10 days. I honestly don't see them doing anything, especially now with COVID affecting so many game companies but I've been wrong before. Trophies aside, the fact that you can't even complete the game on v1.00 or v1.10 should be reason enough to fix it. 

4 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

When I sent my email to them, I also sent them a message on Twitter. I included my video and just said a few fixes I'd like to see and to get back to me. I got a response back in about 10 days. I honestly don't see them doing anything, especially now with COVID affecting so many game companies but I've been wrong before. Trophies aside, the fact that you can't even complete the game on v1.00 or v1.10 should be reason enough to fix it. 

Thanks for telling me. I *think* both D'Avekki and I tagged them on Twitter back when I was having issues with the other two games, but I might be wrong. I should maybe tweet at them too/again.

• 4 weeks later...

Sorry for the long post in advance.

I've been dinking around with this game for days and I've found some workarounds for some of the glitches.  I think the bulk of glitches start when you try repairing one of the hallways (Left/Right Hemisphere, Atrium, Bridge, Living Quarters) and they just compound from there. I recommend several playthroughs.

For all the story trophies, you should only repair the Memory Bank, Dream Theater, and Imaginarium.  You can also get away with just hiring one or two people.  We don't care what the CP is by the end, we just want to get to the end.

Every day, wake up and teleport to the Control Center.  If you stick with just the reading activity, the stress meter tends to not break so you can rack up credits this way. In this play through you won't need many neurocredits.  You'll only need to do reading to get enough NC to pump up your hourly bonus.  I would invest in the hourly bonus until around 500.  You can easily get the trophies for the 1000, 5000, and 10000 NC trophies on this run also.

Once you have enough money to buy the 3 rooms and support staff, just use the hourglass activity to quickly pass the time.  When the rooms are repaired, visit them to get the CP and open them up for cutscenes in the late game.  When you are done, go to your room and sleep.  You should get a story scene every day or two.  I've never had issues with any of the trophies here.  After the last scene with the officer, travel to the Dream Theater, watch the scene, then go to the Imaginarium and watch the scene.  You should automatically go to sleep when you leave the Imaginarium.  From there, just travel to the Control Room and you should be asked if you want to leave the hospital.  Say yes the first time you are asked and the Release trophy should pop during the credits.

For Snappy Dresser and the 100%CP trophies, since the game will start glitching when you start building the hallways, you want to make sure you have everything done before.  You should be able to buy them at least, just don't assign them.  When you do, do them all at the same time.  You will also definitely want to wait until after Act 3 starts to finish otherwise memory 13 will not show up and you'll be unable to sleep.  I've still got to test that out with the 100% CP as it would not register the Focus Pocus task because I didn't pick it up until near the end of the game.

Snappy Dresser the ties are (in order)

• Blue necktie - default
  • Pink stripe tie - default
  • Grey stripe - go to Teddy's room while he isn't there (far right bottom floor, he is usually not there) and hit Triangle
  • Green polkadot - given by HR after hiring 5 people.  Wait until you get the task first before hiring (you should get it on the 3rd day while in the control room)
  • Green stripe - given by HR after getting morale to level 3.  You'll need to buy everything and do most of the tasks like Blow off Steam.  The green/blue bowties can help too.
  • Pink tie - After fixing the elevator or clearing the debris by the control room, go to the Left Hemisphere hallway and it's on the floor to the left of the bathroom
  • Pink bowtie - 3rd tab in HR screen.  Must complete R&D Expand HR Store 2 quest and also see glitch below.  Costs 3000 NC
  • Green/Yellow bowtie - Same as above
  • Blue polkadot bowtie - After the 3rd/4th day, go to Teddy's room to get the task started.  He needs to be in there, if it's too late in the game he will be in the hallway and will not return to his room until the Dream Theater is built.  The first gift is the 700 NC comic on the HR store's 3rd tab.  Return that to Teddy (again, you might have to wait until after the Dream Theater is built).  Finally, purchase and complete the 5000 NC R&D project, have your staff build it, and then buy it from HR for 5000, and then go talk to Teddy in his room.

As far as the trophy popping, it may not at first.  Go to your room and check that you have all 9.  It should have autosaved by entering your room, so quit the game and restart.  The trophy should pop during the Wales Interactive or Superstring splash screens.

Other glitches:

• Can't enter a door?  Press the touchpad to bring up the console, then press touchpad again and immediately hit X before the console screen goes away
  • Can't exit a room?  You should be able to fast travel somewhere else.  Otherwise, quit the game from the Playstation menu and start over.
  • Can't move between the living quarters to the atrium?  You'll have to fast travel to the memory room and go the long way.
  • Stress meter breaks (i.e. only showing 1X).  Try the reading activity, sometimes it comes back.  Otherwise you'll need to rely on the hourly bonus to get you through.  Build up as much NC as you can the first few days because it probably will break on you.
  • When you have the 3rd HR Store tab all available for purchase after completing the 2 R&D tasks, buy the Stargaze poster last!  Buying the Stargaze poster locks out all the items after it
  • As long as you can see the picture for memory 13, it doesn't matter if the lock icon shows up later.  It counts as unlocked for purposes of the Memory Lane task.

There is no guarantee that there are other glitches in the way or that this is foolproof.  You might have to start a few New Games to get a fresh save and hopefully no bad glitches.  If I knew how shitty this game would be I never would have gotten it.

EDIT: Fuck this game, I've now gotten it to 100% without the use of the NC to CP converter, still nothing.  I just missed out on getting all the CP in Act 3.  Going to try one more time and that's it.  This goes in the bin until they release a proper patch for it.  I'm also going to try being a dick to Jack, because fuck him that's why.

EDIT 2: Double fuck this game.  The only constant is that I can never get the Focus Pocus task to register as completed, despite getting a high score of 23 in the reading game.  I think the 100% trophy is expecting all 30 tasks to be completed because it should (in theory) give you 100% (although the game can never seem to add everything up the same every time).  FYI, being a dick to Jack does not change the ending or anything else.

Edited by cycoivan
Forgot a tie
  • Like 2

On 8/14/2020 at 5:27 PM, cycoivan said:

Sorry for the long post in advance.

I've been dinking around with this game for days and I've found some workarounds for some of the glitches.  I think the bulk of glitches start when you try repairing one of the hallways (Left/Right Hemisphere, Atrium, Bridge, Living Quarters) and they just compound from there. I recommend several playthroughs.

For all the story trophies, you should only repair the Memory Bank, Dream Theater, and Imaginarium.  You can also get away with just hiring one or two people.  We don't care what the CP is by the end, we just want to get to the end.

Every day, wake up and teleport to the Control Center.  If you stick with just the reading activity, the stress meter tends to not break so you can rack up credits this way. In this play through you won't need many neurocredits.  You'll only need to do reading to get enough NC to pump up your hourly bonus.  I would invest in the hourly bonus until around 500.  You can easily get the trophies for the 1000, 5000, and 10000 NC trophies on this run also.

Once you have enough money to buy the 3 rooms and support staff, just use the hourglass activity to quickly pass the time.  When the rooms are repaired, visit them to get the CP and open them up for cutscenes in the late game.  When you are done, go to your room and sleep.  You should get a story scene every day or two.  I've never had issues with any of the trophies here.  After the last scene with the officer, travel to the Dream Theater, watch the scene, then go to the Imaginarium and watch the scene.  You should automatically go to sleep when you leave the Imaginarium.  From there, just travel to the Control Room and you should be asked if you want to leave the hospital.  Say yes the first time you are asked and the Release trophy should pop during the credits.

For Snappy Dresser and the 100%CP trophies, since the game will start glitching when you start building the hallways, you want to make sure you have everything done before.  You should be able to buy them at least, just don't assign them.  When you do, do them all at the same time.  You will also definitely want to wait until after Act 3 starts to finish otherwise memory 13 will not show up and you'll be unable to sleep.  I've still got to test that out with the 100% CP as it would not register the Focus Pocus task because I didn't pick it up until near the end of the game.

Snappy Dresser the ties are (in order)

• Blue necktie - default
  • Pink stripe tie - default
  • Grey stripe - go to Teddy's room while he isn't there (far right bottom floor, he is usually not there) and hit Triangle
  • Green polkadot - given by HR after hiring 5 people.  Wait until you get the task first before hiring (you should get it on the 3rd day while in the control room)
  • Green stripe - given by HR after getting morale to level 3.  You'll need to buy everything and do most of the tasks like Blow off Steam.  The green/blue bowties can help too.
  • Pink tie - After fixing the elevator or clearing the debris by the control room, go to the Left Hemisphere hallway and it's on the floor to the left of the bathroom
  • Pink bowtie - 3rd tab in HR screen.  Must complete R&D Expand HR Store 2 quest and also see glitch below.  Costs 3000 NC
  • Green/Yellow bowtie - Same as above
  • Blue polkadot bowtie - After the 3rd/4th day, go to Teddy's room to get the task started.  He needs to be in there, if it's too late in the game he will be in the hallway and will not return to his room until the Dream Theater is built.  The first gift is the 700 NC comic on the HR store's 3rd tab.  Return that to Teddy (again, you might have to wait until after the Dream Theater is built).  Finally, purchase and complete the 5000 NC R&D project, have your staff build it, and then buy it from HR for 5000, and then go talk to Teddy in his room.

As far as the trophy popping, it may not at first.  Go to your room and check that you have all 9.  It should have autosaved by entering your room, so quit the game and restart.  The trophy should pop during the Wales Interactive or Superstring splash screens.

Other glitches:

• Can't enter a door?  Press the touchpad to bring up the console, then press touchpad again and immediately hit X before the console screen goes away
  • Can't exit a room?  You should be able to fast travel somewhere else.  Otherwise, quit the game from the Playstation menu and start over.
  • Can't move between the living quarters to the atrium?  You'll have to fast travel to the memory room and go the long way.
  • Stress meter breaks (i.e. only showing 1X).  Try the reading activity, sometimes it comes back.  Otherwise you'll need to rely on the hourly bonus to get you through.  Build up as much NC as you can the first few days because it probably will break on you.
  • When you have the 3rd HR Store tab all available for purchase after completing the 2 R&D tasks, buy the Stargaze poster last!  Buying the Stargaze poster locks out all the items after it
  • As long as you can see the picture for memory 13, it doesn't matter if the lock icon shows up later.  It counts as unlocked for purposes of the Memory Lane task.

There is no guarantee that there are other glitches in the way or that this is foolproof.  You might have to start a few New Games to get a fresh save and hopefully no bad glitches.  If I knew how shitty this game would be I never would have gotten it.

EDIT: Fuck this game, I've now gotten it to 100% without the use of the NC to CP converter, still nothing.  I just missed out on getting all the CP in Act 3.  Going to try one more time and that's it.  This goes in the bin until they release a proper patch for it.  I'm also going to try being a dick to Jack, because fuck him that's why.

EDIT 2: Double fuck this game.  The only constant is that I can never get the Focus Pocus task to register as completed, despite getting a high score of 23 in the reading game.  I think the 100% trophy is expecting all 30 tasks to be completed because it should (in theory) give you 100% (although the game can never seem to add everything up the same every time).  FYI, being a dick to Jack does not change the ending or anything else.

This post really gave me hope to platinum it, so I re-downloaded the game and started from scratch. I started off on v1.00 but (since I wasn't paying attention) I forgot to cancel out the patch, so it installed unfortunately (so I'm playing on v1.10). I too had the same problem with Focus Pocus but I remember completing it on a older save. So I looked on my USB flash drive to see if I had any saves from v1.00 when I played it 3 months ago and I did, and I have Focus Pocus completed. 

Headspun-20200817024006.jpg

So basically you need to delete the game, use PSX Download Helper to block the patch, play the game on v1.00 on a new save (you can't use v1.10 save on v1.00) complete Focus Pocus asap, install the patch (since the Blow Off Steam task is glitched on v1.00), then complete the rest of the tasks on v1.10. It's a fucking convoluted mess, but this might be the only way to platinum it.

I can't for the life of me unlock REVELATION, THE TRUTH, RELEASE & NEARLY THERE on v1.10, so at the moment my plan is to delete the game, use PSX DH to play on v1.00 with a fresh save and try to get 4 out of the 5 trophies I need (leaving UNSPUN), then install the patch and continue the game using my v1.00 Focus Pocus save on v1.10.

I'll post an update in a day or so.

EDIT:

3 months ago I attempted to use my v1.10 save on v1.00 and when I hit continue the game started from the beginning. Apparently this was a just another glitch, since it worked fine today.

Edited by FallenRyan

2 hours ago, FallenRyan said:

This post really gave me hope to platinum it, so I re-downloaded the game and started from scratch. I started off on v1.00 but (since I wasn't paying attention) I forgot to cancel out the patch, so it installed unfortunately (so I'm playing on v1.10). I too had the same problem with Focus Pocus but I remember completing it on a older save. So I looked on my USB flash drive to see if I had any saves from v1.00 when I played it 3 months ago and I did, and I have Focus Pocus completed. 

Headspun-20200817024006.jpg

So basically you need to delete the game, use PSX Download Helper to block the patch, play the game on v1.00 on a new save (you can't use v1.10 save on v1.00), complete Focus Pocus asap, install the patch (since the Blow Off Steam task is glitched on v1.00), then complete the rest of the tasks on v1.10. It's a fucking convoluted mess, but this might be the only way to platinum it.

I can't for the life of me unlock REVELATION, THE TRUTH, RELEASE & NEARLY THERE on v1.10, so at the moment my plan is to delete the game, use PSX DH to play on v1.00 with a fresh save and try to get 4 out of the 5 trophies I need (leaving UNSPUN), then install the patch and continue the game using my v1.00 Focus Pocus save on v1.10.

I'll post an update in a day or so.

I can definitely confirm that on 1.10 if you don't build any of the bottom row of rooms (bathroom and the rest of the hallways), you will be able to open memory 13 when you need to and get into acts 3 and 4.  Revelation and The truth will unlock after they play.  For Release, I found you have to for sure leave the hospital when you first get the option.  It won't work if you stay to try and grind out CP.  Also for the best play experience don't bother with the bottom row of rooms.  For nearly there, after I got 75% it didn't pop, but when the next autosave happens, close the game and reopen it and it should pop during one of the opening splash screens (same with Snappy Dresser).

I will have to try the blocker method also.  Can you download specific versions?  Judging from the timestamps on the platinums, I'm guessing most people got it after 1.00 but before 1.10

I'll give it a try, thanks.

2 hours ago, cycoivan said:

Can you download specific versions?  Judging from the timestamps on the platinums, I'm guessing most people got it after 1.00 but before 1.10

Unfortunately no. The sweet spot seemed to be v1.07 - v1.08. With the blocker it's either v1.00 (which has problems) or v1.10 (which has problems). I hate the game so much now that I'm willing to try anything.

Attempt #5 (v1.00 - v1.10 - Fresh Save):

Managed to get all trophies, except for UNSPUN.

Attempt #6 (v1.10 - Old save starting at Scene 8):

Used my v1.00 "Completed Focus Pocus task" save. Completed all 30 tasks, hired all staff members, bought all staff bonuses, collected all ties, bought all items from HR, completed all R&D Projects, restored all rooms and departments, Cortex @ 100, aaaaaannnnnddddddd NO TROPHY (tried for an hour just reloading the save). Was messing around with my save and I ended up with my Cortex @117 and still absolutely nothing.

Headspun-20200817204037.jpg

1 hour ago, FallenRyan said:

Attempt #5 (v1.00 - v1.10 - Fresh Save):

Managed to get all trophies, except for UNSPUN.

Attempt #6 (v1.10 - Old save starting at Scene 8):

Used my v1.00 "Completed Focus Pocus task" save. Completed all 30 tasks, hired all staff members, bought all staff bonuses, collected all ties, bought all items from HR, completed all R&D Projects, restored all rooms and departments, Cortex @ 100, aaaaaannnnnddddddd NO TROPHY (tried for an hour just reloading the save). Was messing around with my save and I ended up with my Cortex @117 and still absolutely nothing.

Headspun-20200817204037.jpg

I still can't get Focus Pocus to unlock even on 1.00.  After getting 20 in reading, I get the notice that it's updated but it's still not checked.  Is there something else you need to do after that?

EDIT: HO LEE SHIT!  On a whim, I copied my 1.10 save from online to my system (where I had 100%+ CP) and started the 1.00 version of the game.  It let me continue and right away popped the Unspun trophy and then the Plat.  I'm done!  I've never been so happy about finishing a terrible game.

Edited by cycoivan

Just now, FallenRyan said:

I honestly don't remember. Did it involve talking to Frank in the R&D room to activate the task? Maybe talk to him if you can find him.

Specifically with that task, if you talk to him again there is no special interaction to finish the task. 

However....I got the Unspun trophy and the Plat!  On a whim, I copied a 1.10 save that had 100%+ CP and played the 1.00 version of the game.  As soon as I continued, Unspun popped.  I hope that might work on your end if you downgrade again.

I have wondered more than once if the glitches were in there to make the player experience brain damage :)

This is for anyone that is interested in unlocking UNSPUN :gold:.

You will need to use the PSX Download Helper to get platinum. The game downloading is 4.585 GB without any patches (if the game shows up at around 4.8 GB, then you've done something wrong). If you intend to download the game while you are sleeping or away, you need to change your PC/Laptop battery/sleep settings. You will also need to keep your PS4 on, do not put it in Rest Mode, since the game will update it with the most recent patch. When the game has downloaded and you switch back to your proper internet settings, remember to cancel the v1.10 patch from your downloads after you boot the game up.

On v1.00 it is IMPOSSIBLE to meet the requirements for UNSPUN :gold: because of (at least) two things: 

1. After you restore the Bar, you cannot access the choice to order a drink from Tess (which is required for the "Blowing Off Steam" task).

2. After you complete Scene 9 in the Dream Theater, the Cortex door becomes glitched. You have two options (Yes or No) and you can't select either of them. The Touchpad, Touchpad + :cross: trick to get through glitched doors does not work on the v1.00 end game Cortex door.

3. If for some reason you decide to play the game from the beginning on v1.00 (there are some benefits), avoid BRIGHT SPARK :silver: & CHANGING ROOMS :gold: since they are glitched, and upgrade to v1.10 once you complete Scene 9.

On v1.10 it is POSSIBLE to meet the requirements for UNSPUN :gold: but the trophy is GLITCHED. You need to complete all tasks, buy/restore all departments, buy all projects, buy all upgrades, buy all staff (& staff bonuses), while getting the Cortex to 100 on v1.10. After that you will need to back-up your save, delete the game, re-download the game using PSX Download Helper to block the patch, then use your v1.10 Cortex 100 save on v1.00 to unlock the trophy.

I got UNSPUN to unlock by getting into the game and then fast traveling to Ted's Quarters (which auto-saves the game), then I closed the application, rebooted the game and the trophy popped at the main menu.

A few tips regarding glitches:

- Read all of cycoivan's tips

- I would make a back-up save every 1-2 days. I rotated between 3 USB flash drives.

- If you start a shift, DO NOT leave until the shift is over. This happened to me on at least four occasions, I would leave the Cortex (during a shift) once I had enough money to purchase something from Human Resources or R&D and when I returned to the Cortex, my screen would lock up to where I couldn't progress. Buy upgrades/items BEFORE or AFTER a shift.

- I found that if I left the Atrium last to restore, the repair would never complete (the bar would get stuck at around half-way).

- The HR shop is a fucking disaster and can screw you very easily. Once you complete Expand HR Store #2 & New Comic Research, make sure to back-up your save and purchase all the items in one shot (I think you need around 20,000 credits). If you buy the Stargaze poster without buying anything on the bottom row, you are screwed. Buy everything on the bottom row, from right to left, then buy everything from the top row from left to right (ending with the poster).

- When I purchased the bonuses for my staff, I would have to buy one (store would lock up), then teleport to the Cortex, enter HR again, buy one (store would lock up), rinse and repeat, until I got all 10. 

- The "Pest Control" task is a pain if you need to complete it once the doors glitch. Once you purchase the cat from the HR Store, it will appear to the right of the Memory Bank (near the mouse hole). You need to click on the "!" cat for the task to be completed. If you do the Touchpad, Touchpad + :cross: trick you will automatically go into the Memory Bank. This may take a few tries but you need to spam the trick as many times as you can, to try to get the task completed. As the game transitions to black, it should say "Task Completed" if you are successful, then you will end up in the Memory Bank. 

Edited by Ryan Industries
Light/Dark Mode Compatible - December 6, 2023
  • Like 2

Very glad to see that a few people have workarounds to get past the issue and get the platinum!  I'm not going to be one of them.  It sounds a bit more technical than my brain is capable of comprehending, even with instructions, and I'm just over the game that I think I'm okay with letting it rot at 40% completion.  Seems clear that Wales has no interest in giving this the needed attention, but I'm glad cycoivan and FallenRyan put in the painful work to demonstrate how shit this was.  Should've been a pleasant experience.  Absolutely wasn't.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...

This is such a frustrating game. The glitches happen at different time even if you do things in the same order. I tried downloading the helper and I couldn’t get it to work. It’s sad that the creators released such a broken game because it was interesting to play.