Question About Vita Time Stamps

sepheroithisgod

If you leave your Vita off long enough and out of power, when it boots up it’ll ask you for Date/Time. If you skip that and play offline, you’ll get missing timestamps. If you go back online after setting the Date/Time, you’ll have no problems. 

Dont let your Vita completely run out of power and then skip a prompt to set the Date and Time. 

3 minutes ago, DaivRules said:

If you leave your Vita off long enough and out of power, when it boots up it’ll ask you for Date/Time. If you skip that and play offline, you’ll get missing timestamps. If you go back online after setting the Date/Time, you’ll have no problems. 

Dont let your Vita completely run out of power and then skip a prompt to set the Date and Time. 

So if I kept it connected to a USB in a car, I would be fine? If I did let it die, should I just wait till I have internet access before turning it on to be completely safe?

You’d actually have to let it die, then let it sit long enough it’s internal battery also runs out of power. 

Waiting for a way to reconnect it internet if it completely runs out of power is the safest bet, but might be overkill. When you get the low power message, just power it off and then just get it charged up before you play again. The clock will be fine if you do that. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sepheroithisgod said:

So if I kept it connected to a USB in a car, I would be fine? If I did let it die, should I just wait till I have internet access before turning it on to be completely safe?

The Vita still lasts a long time until it asks for the time since it usually turns itself off with some battery left so any game you have running can be resumed once you charged it back. While the time differs depending on battery condition the Vita could potentially last more than a month until the internal clock resets due to no power.

So don't worry if the Vita turns off while your playing.

• Like 1

If you have a phone you can still sync trophies via hotspot every now and then.

If you're actually going completely off the grid, then it'll be fine with timestamps as long as the system never asks you for date and time. Other than that, you may have this mild cosmetic issue with syncing several completed lists at once and having them show the completion in incorrect order in the default sorting.

• 1 month later...

Late to the party here but I do have many "Missing Timestamps" from playing on the Vita Tv, It has no battery and when you're in the middle of the ocean without internet then you just have to deal with it. Vita itself though has a battery and I've never had a missing timestamp, I am away very VERY often and this no longer bothers me. Recently I have 4 on Hyperdimension Neptunia Action unleashed, 1 for Demon Gaze and one for Y's Memories of Celceta. I'm not going to stop gaming with this flaw.