Master environmentalist - Trophy tip

Crispy_Oglop

I found a pretty useful way to grind this in about 30 - 40 mins. It's really boring, but here goes:

1. Make sure you have any type of bait in your inventory
  2. Go to the beach outside the orphanage
  3. Interact with the fishing rod and press the button to start fishing (don't select bait and don't start fishing)
  4. Select the stop fishing option, come back out of the fishing interface and return to the beach
  5. Look for either the Wooden Crate, Wooden Box or general garbage item (broken umbrella, can, bottle etc) - An item always spawns - so if you can't see it on either end of the beach, it'll be just under the water nearby.
  6. Pick the item up - if it's a crate or box, take the item inside it (even if it means sending something to the item box) - you have to have removed the box for it to count towards the trophy
  7. Go back to the fishing rod and start back at step 3 again

I can confirm that the crate and box also count as trash. Hope this helps!

Edited by Crispy_Oglop

• 1 year later...
On 08/09/2019 at 7:00 PM, Crispy_Oglop said:

I found a pretty useful way to grind this in about 30 - 40 mins. It's really boring, but here goes:

1. Make sure you have any type of bait in your inventory
  2. Go to the beach outside the orphanage
  3. Interact with the fishing rod and press the button to start fishing (don't select bait and don't start fishing)
  4. Select the stop fishing option, come back out of the fishing interface and return to the beach
  5. Look for either the Wooden Crate, Wooden Box or general garbage item (broken umbrella, can, bottle etc) - An item always spawns - so if you can't see it on either end of the beach, it'll be just under the water nearby.
  6. Pick the item up - if it's a crate or box, take the item inside it (even if it means sending something to the item box) - you have to have removed the box for it to count towards the trophy
  7. Go back to the fishing rod and start back at step 3 again

I can confirm that the crate and box also count as trash. Hope this helps!

When I tried this, unless the box was empty it didn't count as a junk. Do I need to fill all the Gear slot to make this work or am I missing something?

This tip was for the PS4 version of the game EU version. It's been over a year since I posted this and there have been a few patches since then afaik so not sure if it was tweaked/altered since then.

Are you following step 6 properly? If it still doesn't work for you, it's still possible to achieve, it just takes a bit longer I guess.