2013-2014 Premier League season

Skippy

Arsenal are having the same problem as United as in they are trying to make moves in the transfer market but for whatever reason aren't being successful. I know they are in for Suarez but if Madrid come in for him I think they will miss out again.

The top two this season will be between United and Chelsea. I know City have brought in four players and spent over 90 million with the players they have brought in I'm not too convinced and none of them I'd consider to be a marquee signing. Say what you want about Tevez but he was a proven Premiership goalscorer and match winner so they have lost that and will the two strikers that have come in to replace him do any better? I'm not too sure....

Who thinks Rooney will be at United this season? If he leaves where do you think he'll end up and why?

Six for the fantasy league so far. Hopefully get some more players before the start of the new season. Remember if you want to join in just mention it on here and I'll send you the link when the league has been made.

Rooney might go to Real Madrid if they fail to capture Suarez. And Arsenal could make a move for Higuain. Hopefully Moyes will allow Rooney to make a decision instead of forcing him to stay and play in midfield.

Rooney might go to Real Madrid if they fail to capture Suarez. And Arsenal could make a move for Higuain. Hopefully Moyes will allow Rooney to make a decision instead of forcing him to stay and play in midfield.

Higuain already gone to Napoli to replace Cavani.

I don't think Rooney will end up at Real Madrid and I'm not sure we'd sell him to Chelsea because they are a main title rival. I think he'll either stay but if Suarez goes to Madrid then Rooney may end up Arsenal as they are deemed less of a threat.

I don't think Rooney will end up at Real Madrid and I'm not sure we'd sell him to Chelsea because they are a main title rival. I think he'll either stay but if Suarez goes to Madrid then Rooney may end up Arsenal as they are deemed less of a threat.

Rooney at Arsenal sounds odd :huh:

Rooney at Arsenal sounds odd :huh:

If Arsenal don't get Suarez then they will more than likely turn their attention to Rooney. Wenger, has already stated that he likes Rooney and that they have the funds available to make a move for him. United would not want to sell Rooney to Chelsea or Arsenal and would rather send him abroad but the player doesn't want to move abroad so that only leaves two possible destinations for him which are Chelsea and Arsenal. United would rather sell him to Arsenal then Chelsea because they are less of a threat then Chelsea. Personally, I think he'll either stay or end up Arsenal but only if Arsenal fail to buy Suarez. Obviously Rooney would rather move to Chelsea than Arsenal but if he really is that desperate to leave United then I wouldn't see it as odd for him to go there.

Ok guys I've made the fantasy league and you can register and create your team here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Once you've created your team go to join league and enter this code in 652019-157918

Once you've done that let us know what your team name is.

My team name is Skipsters United 

Premier League season starts on the 17th August so try and get it registered before then, 

David Moyes has confirmed that United will NOT sell Rooney to Arsenal or Chelsea. He has made it clear that they only intend to sell him to a club outside of England. Also Tottenham Hotspurs have put a 100 million pound price tag on Gareth Bale and it has been rumored that Ancelloti and Real Madrid are willing to pay that record breaking fee and bring Bale to Madrid. The clubs president Florentino Perez is yet to confirm this. (I think :huh: )

So what do you guys think? I would say Rooney will stay at United and Real Madrid could bring Bale to Madrid. o.O

David Moyes has confirmed that United will NOT sell Rooney to Arsenal or Chelsea. He has made it clear that they only intend to sell him to a club outside of England. Also Tottenham Hotspurs have put a 100 million pound price tag on Gareth Bale and it has been rumored that Ancelloti and Real Madrid are willing to pay that record breaking fee and bring Bale to Madrid. The clubs president Florentino Perez is yet to confirm this. (I think :huh: )

So what do you guys think? I would say Rooney will stay at United and Real Madrid could bring Bale to Madrid. o.O

Well, Moyes better take advantage of Rooney then, instead of just acting like a child. Same goes for Rooney: he should stop acting like a child and start displaying his will to keep playing for United.

That's too much for him, I'd say. Yes, he's great, but come on lol. Hell, even Kaka's and Ronaldo's paying fees were extreme, but this is just too much.

Well, Moyes better take advantage of Rooney then, instead of just acting like a child. Same goes for Rooney: he should stop acting like a child and start displaying his will to keep playing for United.

That's too much for him, I'd say. Yes, he's great, but come on lol. Hell, even Kaka's and Ronaldo's paying fees were extreme, but this is just too much.

Yup i agree that 100 million pounds is too much for Bale and as for Rooney i think he will stay at United because that's what happens after each transfer period xD He will never leave.

Manchester United Fan

Hoping to sign Gundogan and forget about Fabregas, see what Zaha can really do and hope Buttner and Lingaard can get some game time!

Top 3, Moyes needs the experience but we are United, who knows.

I'm good for the Fantasy Premier League too.

• Like 1

Manchester United Fan

Hoping to sign Gundogan and forget about Fabregas, see what Zaha can really do and hope Buttner and Lingaard can get some game time!

Yeah Moyes must forget about Fabregas and get Fellaini rather he would suit Man Utd just as well and knows the Coach

Manchester United Fan

Welcome to the forums. I'm also a United supporter and yeah I think the Fabregas move is now a complete waste of time. 

You can register and create your team here http://fantasy.premierleague.com/

Once you've created your team go to join league and enter this code in 652019-157918

Once you've done that post on here and let us know what your team name is.

Manchester United fan, had a season ticket 2007-2008 and went to Moscow to see us win the champions league......good times!

Hoping Moyes can make a good start to his career at united and be a stable manager for a good few years, (hoping we don't turn into Chelsea, with a new manage every year)

Also hoping for a few signings, so we can retain the title!

Also would be interested in fantasy league!

Manchester United fan, had a season ticket 2007-2008 and went to Moscow to see us win the champions league......good times!

Hoping Moyes can make a good start to his career at united and be a stable manager for a good few years, (hoping we don't turn into Chelsea, with a new manage every year)

Also hoping for a few signings, so we can retain the title!

Also would be interested in fantasy league!

Just for you pal 

Welcome to the forums. I'm also a United supporter and yeah I think the Fabregas move is now a complete waste of time. 

Thanks Skippy,

I adopted the name of my Ultimate Team, excuse the.... nature of my team name.

Scoregasm

• Like 1

Just for you pal 

haha brilliant! one of the best things I've seen in my life and thanks, will set up team now!

• Like 1

I'm in for the Fantasy Football definitely!

I'm a Spurs fan (although title-wise if we aren't in the running I secretly hope Utd win over the other contenders :ninja: ) and it doesn't really need to be said what my hopes are for this season - Bale to stay (and not strop about not getting a transfer). I won't hold it against him if he leaves though, it's his career and what player wouldn't relish becoming a 'galactico'.

IF he does stay, however, we've signed a few good players who the Bale saga has deflected attention from - with a lot of changes to the teams around us who's to say we can't challenge for the title? 

So excited about this season now :)

Edit to avoid double post - Skippy would it be worth making a separate Fantasy Football thread? Seems like there's a fair amount of interest and would be good to be able to talk about results throughout the season etc. Or not whatever!

Also Utd fans - I would like to see Fabregas join you, but Barca seem to be resigned not to sell him. Would you be happy with, say, a cash-plus-Rooney offer? Do you think Barca would accept then?

Edited by Che_DnB

Also Utd fans - I would like to see Fabregas join you, but Barca seem to be resigned not to sell him. Would you be happy with, say, a cash-plus-Rooney offer? Do you think Barca would accept then?

I wouldn't be happy for that. We'd be giving them cash plus a player that's been an important part of the squad for a few years , just for them to give us a great talent that they hardly use (ever). It's more of a a rip-off than a deal, since we're changing someone that's actually used at United for someone they hardly let play at their circus.

Fabregas would be an excellent signing for united and we should pursue the signing. Moyes needs to make some big signings and do well if he is to get respect from the doubters and buying Fabregas would only help that.

Word.