Thought on this game?

KoeichiHero

So I know this is a game released ages ago but I just saw it on sale on the PSN store for $5 for the deluxe edition  

what is this game like? I’ve heard it’s a mix of a card game and Batman Arkham fighting. I really love the Batman Arkham games and it’s fighting style combat. As far as card games go, that’s not really my fortè at all. 

Is the card game partdoffocult for noob card gamers like myself? Are the cards and their effects/applications hard to master/use?

2 hours ago, knoef_NL said:

Why don't you go watch a review and a gameplay video... Pretty sure there are plenty out there since the game is ancient. 

I wanted more personal opinions from people who’ve actually played/platinumed the game. A review or video of gameplay only gives so many cues to a gaming experience. 

The game is an enjoyable one in my opinion. But the combat is very basic, nothing like Batman Arkham other than the Counter move. And the card portion of the game is essentially used to create your dungeon run. 

It basically plays out with you making a deck, which is built up of encounter cards and such that create a dungeon of sorts. You'll progress through the cards with your character until you hit the end of the deck where you will fight a boss. Examples of cards would be basic combat encounters where you will have to fight a number of enemies to progress, a shop card where you will get to purchase better weapons and armour, then more unique cards like encounters with traps or quests for you to do which in turn unlock new cards to customise your deck with to make each run different. 

That is as best as I can explain it, but it's a fun game and if you can get it for cheap definitely give it a go.

• Like 1

• 1 year later...

Finally decided to buy this and try it out. I have to say I am not really having fun with the game. I love the idea of it, but nearly every encounter being at the mercy of rng is not as cool as I had hoped. I see why the plat % is so low, I'm going to keep plugging along at this, but if you're on the fence maybe skip this and try the sequel, I hope things are better on that one. 

• Like 1