new player

UlvenFenrir

8 minutes ago, UlvenFenrir said:

i never played nioh before. if i want the 100%, whats the best way to go about this?

Play the base missions to unlock the next difficulty until you have unlocked the highest difficulty, grind out good gear then go beat all missions on Way of the Demon. Thats about it.

Well, just play. You need to do everything, like EVERYTHING. If you want DLC 100%, you'll have to play the main game three times and then some.

There are no missables, you need to play levels multiple times anyway, you can enter any map you unlock, and you don't lose them when you defeat the end boss. You can switch back any time.

When you're at the end of your first playthrough, you might want to ask questions how to progress further, but until then you just... play the shit out of it.

Hjh

22 minutes ago, elpoko said:

Play the base missions to unlock the next difficulty until you have unlocked the highest difficulty, grind out good gear then go beat all missions on Way of the Demon. Thats about it.

22 minutes ago, fbdbh said:

Well, just play. You need to do everything, like EVERYTHING. If you want DLC 100%, you'll have to play the main game three times and then some.

There are no missables, you need to play levels multiple times anyway, you can enter any map you unlock, and you don't lose them when you defeat the end boss. You can switch back any time.

When you're at the end of your first playthrough, you might want to ask questions how to progress further, but until then you just... play the shit out of it.

thanks boys ?

Edited by UlvenFenrir

So, one DLC trophy wants you to do everything on Way of the Demon, which is unlocked after beating the game on Way of the Samurai and then Way of the Strong. 

If you want to save time, you can simply play enough missions during your first two playthroughs to unlock the next difficulty setting. Ignore Dojo Missions, ignore Twilight Missions, ignore DLC missions, etc. But play enough missions to at least be able to keep up with the increasing difficulty (recommended mission level is not really important). 

Once you are on a Way of the Demon playthrough, play every single mission (Dojo, Twilight, Side Missions, DLC, ...). Here is where you will need to start going for a specific build if you want to survive (in the lower difficulty settings, synergies were not crucial... now they are). 

Most importantly, have fun! This game is fantastic, and I cannot wait for Nioh 2 :)

Edited by Arcesius

Be prepared for a HUGE difficulty spike in between Way of the Strong and Way of the Demon.  As well as a spike in the base game and the DLCs.

Me personally, I would disagree with Arcesius. I finished very base mission on Way of the Samurai first. Breezed through new game plus, and then played certain Way of the Demon missions to do the DLC on Samurai difficulty. Then I did some missions on Way of the Wise to help with Demon missions. Also do twilight missions if you can when the pop up to save time.

But I do agree with trying to start a build, a jack of all trades build will get you no where. And also have fun, the trophies may pull your hair sometimes but don’t forget it’s a masterpiece of design.