Will Forsaken Be Free?

Cloud_2049

Free to play version will not include Forsaken or obviously Shadowkeep, but it does come with a lot of content (source Interwebs):

When New Light, the free to play system for Destiny 2 launches in September, the following things will be totally free for everyone to jump into:

The base campaign + all of the base game

All of Curse of Osiris and Warmind

Every single planet as a patrollable area to do bounties on and explore — the Moon, Dreaming City, Tangled Shore, and all DLC planets

Full access to Crucible

Every strike

All Year 1 Raids (Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, Spire of Stars)

Full access to Gambit

• Like 3

• 4 weeks later...

On 9/28/2019 at 2:12 PM, SaucyBrotato said:

Free to play version will not include Forsaken or obviously Shadowkeep, but it does come with a lot of content (source Interwebs):

When New Light, the free to play system for Destiny 2 launches in September, the following things will be totally free for everyone to jump into:

The base campaign + all of the base game

All of Curse of Osiris and Warmind

Every single planet as a patrollable area to do bounties on and explore — the Moon, Dreaming City, Tangled Shore, and all DLC planets

Full access to Crucible

Every strike

All Year 1 Raids (Leviathan, Eater of Worlds, Spire of Stars)

Full access to Gambit

So can I get the platinum off the free to play version then?

Just now, JJTEY14 said:

So can I get the platinum off the free to play version then?

You can indeed :)  All of the requirements for the trophies are base game, so plattable whether the PS+ version, or the free to play version, just with all the extra content thrown in, such as Warmind and Osiris mini campaigns.

• Like 1

I've played a bit of Destiny in the past week. You can get the platinum with the free version. Some of the more repetitive trophies are easy now, because you instantly start above level 20 and with all abilities unlocked. So you don't need to do things in the game to achieve those now. You can't get 100% for free because Forsaken has trophies. From what I've seen, there are not any signs that Forsaken will ever be included in the free to play model. However, Destiny DLC has a history of being super cheap occasionally like Black Friday sales etc. I'd work on the platinum and watch for a sale. That's my plan anyway. I bet there will be a point within the next two months where Forsaken is less than $10. 

• Like 2

On 9/29/2019 at 5:12 AM, SaucyBrotato said:

Full access to Gambit

Does this mean I can get the High-Stakes Play DLC trophy without owning the Forsaken expansion?

11 minutes ago, PepsiMaxVanilla said:

Does this mean I can get the High-Stakes Play DLC trophy without owning the Forsaken expansion?

Logic says yes, but this is Bungie, don't forget.

They're stingy with trophies, so I wouldn't be surprised if this one was still pay-walled.