Using PS+ to store save files

Clavietka

I'm currently at 71% at Street Fighter IV and I'm not sure I have the skill level to get that platinum (damn those challenges). One day I might try it, but I'm not "spiritually" prepared for that ATM.

Still, I don't want to risk losing my save file with 300+ ranked wins and all characters unlocked. The thing is: that game's save files are protected and can't be copyed to a usb drive.

Considering that I'm not a PS+ subscriber, would the bellow steps work for me:

1- buy a physical PSN prepaid card (I don't have a credit card)

2- use that card's credits to sign for a month at PS+

3- upload my SF IV save file to the cloud

4- use the remaining days to beat every quick PSN title I can

5- on a future date, maybe months or years from now, I subscribe again to PS+ to find my save file intact

Thanks in advance.

BTW, can someone share their experience with SFIV (vanilla) trophies, Batman AC DLC trophies and NFS: Hot Pursuit DLC trophies? Those are scary.

1 hour ago, Clavietka said:

I'm currently at 71% at Street Fighter IV and I'm not sure I have the skill level to get that platinum (damn those challenges). One day I might try it, but I'm not "spiritually" prepared for that ATM.

Still, I don't want to risk losing my save file with 300+ ranked wins and all characters unlocked. The thing is: that game's save files are protected and can't be copyed to a usb drive.

Considering that I'm not a PS+ subscriber, would the bellow steps work for me:

1- buy a physical PSN prepaid card (I don't have a credit card)

2- use that card's credits to sign for a month at PS+

3- upload my SF IV save file to the cloud

5- on a future date, maybe months or years from now, I subscribe again to PS+ to find my save file intact

Thanks in advance.

BTW, can someone share their experience with SFIV (vanilla) trophies, Batman AC DLC trophies and NFS: Hot Pursuit DLC trophies? Those are scary.

Just a heads up and a possible warning.

I've read reports (a while back) that Sony delete any save files in the PS+ cloud if the gap between a sub ending and another starting hits 6 months however I let my sub lapse, didn't renew it for about 18 months and still had all my saves (PS3,PS4,Vita) still available on renewal.

?

Edited by Martain2

52 minutes ago, Martain2 said:

I've read reports (a while back) that Sony delete any save files in the PS+ cloud if the gap between a sub ending and another starting hits 6 months however I let my sub lapse, didn't renew it for about 18 months and still had all my saves (PS3,PS4,Vita) still available on renewal.

1f642.png

Six month would be much to short. I think there is no date like this and your Saves are save until your PSN-Account will be deleted or Sony isn't anymore.

Edited by Sikutai

2 hours ago, Clavietka said:

Are you maybe confusing PS+ with PS Now? PS+ would give you access to that month's games for the remaining days. This month those games are The Last of Us Remastered and MLB The Show 19. It would not give you access to any other PSN games, unless PS+ in your country is wildly different from what it's like over here :)

Edit: or do you mean with the remaining credit on your card? Then I am still confused, because that credit will not expire so there is no reason to do it quickly.

Edited by pinkrobot_pb
to add some more confusion

1 hour ago, Martain2 said:

1f642.png

15 minutes ago, Sikutai said:

Six month would be much to short. I think there is no date like this and your Saves are save until your PSN-Account will be deleted or Sony isn't anymore.

I once had a 5-year interval between subscriptions and all of my saves were still there. I think @Sikutai is right, there is no such time limit.

• Like 1