Vita performance issues?

det_gittes

I've been playing this game for quite some time now exclusively on the Vita and I've occassionaly experienced slowdowns in the base game, but I've only now activated the Courtyard and the framerate very often drops to low figures in the first epic quest, especially when there are four enemies. Can anyone confirm that this is how the game plays on the Vita?

Edited by det_gittes

About a week ago I started the Courtyard epic for the first time and noticed some of these slow-downs.  It wasn't bad at first, almost unrecognizable.  I retreated from the dungeon a few times and finally last night I really started to notice it.  Gameplay was really slowed down and when I finally used the first key (red) and as soon as I got into the room the game crashed and my data became corrupted.  I'd suggest you activate your PS4 copy and back up your save to the cloud before you continue on.  I can't say this is how it is for everyone but in your specific instance it also happened to me and I highly doubt it is meant to be this way.

• Like 1

I have also experienced some slowdowns on mainly on Crimsom Court (and perhaps on Color of Madness) while on vita. 

Havent encountered any save corruptions but occasional crashes on dlc and vanilla content. 

It seems that Vita cant handle everything happening on background on dlc content. 

• Like 1

I can't remember where, but I've heard the game performed poorly on Vita in general. However, I found a similar post to yours on gamefaqs linked below where they said the 1.13 patch made things better, except Crimson Court specifically.

https://gamefaqs.gamespot.com/boards/124896-darkest-dungeon/75762920

Edited by spacey_dweeb
  • Like 1

The DLC content is borderline unplayable on Vita. Courtyard is a frame rate hell especially in the bigger maps. That said, I almost managed to 100% the game on the Vita, but ultimately I had to swap to PS4 during my endless mode farmstead attempts, because the game started to flat out crash during saving, which not only made me lose progress, but also eventually made me unable to progress as I found a spot where it just would never let me progress past without crashing.

Thankfully it's extremely easy to transfer your estate back and forth between Vita and PS4, so you should never be totally screwed as long as you own a PS4.

• Like 1

Yeah, pretty much what people above had said. Crimson Court DLC screwes the Vita version of DD. Platinumed the game on Vita no problem (with minor technical issues that not worth mentioning) but had to finally switch to PS4 on Countess boss fight when the game slowed down so much that it literally looked like a freaking slide show. Color of Madness was mostly playable on Vita but also had quite noticeable framerate issues and occasional crashes during autosaves so I just finished the 100% on PS4. Doesn't matter if you're playing digital or physical release for PS Vita (I tried both of those) - DLC will surely harm your affection level with DD at some point. Not to mention loading times in general got much longer after the DLC update as well.

Edited by VegaMan-X4
  • Like 1

• 1 month later...
2 hours ago, LordBilbanes said:

Uh oh.  I wish I had known this earlier as I purchased a Signature Collection copy for my Vita. ;_;  That sucks if it includes all the DLC.

In any case you can opt not to activate DLCs, so it doesn't really matter. In fact, activating the Crimson Court DLC makes the game significantly harder, so it would be unfair if new players were forced to play with the DLCs activated by default.