Quickest way to sell 1000 cars?

Casciaro1997

As far as I've found so far, just go to barns and the junkyard, but everything and then sell it right away. I usually weld the frame and clean the interior and usually make a small profit, but it's not really a requirement. 

If you're playing in sandbox, I don't think you even need to worry about the money, but I haven't really messed around with sandbox, so I might be mistaken about that.

As for how long, no idea. Probably quite a few hours of just buying and selling nonstop.

On 10/7/2019 at 10:58 PM, DbLoki said:

As far as I've found so far, just go to barns and the junkyard, but everything and then sell it right away. I usually weld the frame and clean the interior and usually make a small profit, but it's not really a requirement. 

If you're playing in sandbox, I don't think you even need to worry about the money, but I haven't really messed around with sandbox, so I might be mistaken about that.

As for how long, no idea. Probably quite a few hours of just buying and selling nonstop.

Have you done this yet? Its really pushing me away from going for the platinum! Really dont want to waste my time buying and selling

I've only gotten the 100 cars sold, but that's how I did it. Working on the 1,000 on and off as I work towards wrapping up the special jobs and the 100 old cars fixed. It does seem like a pretty massive time sink though. 

I haven't been doing it in sandbox, but as far as I know, it should work there as well.

• 1 year later...

I know it's a long time after but for anyone wondering, it seems it's about 100h.

Sales from all modes work. You can exploitnormal mode with tutorial : go for it, sale the 2 cars and quit WITH OUT saving. Then, hit continue from the main menu. 

By doing this, in fact game will save the money but gives you 2 new cars. So you will work toward having 1.000.000 $ also. 

Or you can go in sandbox where you have constant full money and either buy new cars at salers or old ones in barns and sale them when you are back in your garage. 

Either way you go, you will face 2 long loading screens so that's why the grind is pretty long and boring. 

• Like 1

Hi. I have the sell 1000 cars trophy. For me, the fastest way to get it was to go into sandbox mode, buy the 3 cars in the car dealership, go back to the garage and sell them, and then repeat that process.

I could sell 100 cars every 1hr and 15mins or so, meaning it'll take around 10 hours to unlock this trophy if your internet is better than mine lol. Hope this can help you.

• Like 2

• 3 months later...

It can be speeded up by purchasing few parking levels, and filling them with cars from salon. Then make backup of save to cloud or USB, sell all cars, bring back previous save, and repeat. It's a little faster, beside it's possible to only take 2 cars from parking at time, it allowing to sell 250 cars per hour this way, because of a lot less of loading screens.

• Like 2

On 9/30/2021 at 5:40 AM, Coolpiixx said:

It can be speeded up by purchasing few parking levels, and filling them with cars from salon. Then make backup of save to cloud or USB, sell all cars, bring back previous save, and repeat. It's a little faster, beside it's possible to only take 2 cars from parking at time, it allowing to sell 250 cars per hour this way, because of a lot less of loading screens.

This is exactly how I did it. It really does save a lot of time moving between loading screens. saved about 50 cars into the garage and kept re-downloading the save game but leaving the profile data intact.

• 7 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 10:38 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

This is exactly how I did it. It really does save a lot of time moving between loading screens. saved about 50 cars into the garage and kept re-downloading the save game but leaving the profile data intact.

You know, if u park 2 cars on the bridge you can bring a 3th one in.

2 cars will then always spawn on the bridge when u bring em from parking and u can then again bring a 3th ?

I filled my parking so i have a 168 cars each save file... wish me luck ?

• Like 1

• 2 months later...
On 10/1/2021 at 10:38 PM, GamerCrazy2 said:

This trick doesn't work anymore. Whenever I redownload the previous savegame from the cloud it just continues where I left off 2mins earler.

Oh, and it also deleted all my previous sold cars in stats, even though the cars are physically gone from the parking. Just great.

I figured it out. For anyone trying this in the future: You have to redownload the profile data, NOT the savegame. Only that way will your stats remain and your sold cars return to the garage.

To sum it up:

Step 1: Buy cars from the salon, 3 at a time until all your parking levels are full of cars.
Step 2: Upload your savegame and profile to the cloud.

Step 3: Sell all the cars currently in your parking. (Use the blue door rather than the garage gate, it's a bit quicker and you won't have to worry about pressing the wrong location.)
Step 4: Save and quit the game, and download your profile data from the cloud, leaving the savegame intact.

Step 5: Repeat steps above.

By doing it this way I sold nearly 500 cars an hour, finishing this trophy in about 2,5 hours.

It helps further on loading times if you're using a PS5/SSD. 

Edited by PINNG
  • Like 3

• 3 months later...

Found a way to do this faster than the sandbox/salon mode.

Make a new profile, then start a new game on normal mode WITH the tutorial (the first option.)

When you load in sell the two cars that are there, then press triangle, settings and load game, this will load up the two cars that you can sell and then load again, rinse and repeat. Still a grind but it cuts some time off from doing the sandbox/salon method.

If you want a break, always return to menu without saving.

• Like 2

• 5 months later...
On 8/20/2022 at 6:49 AM, PINNG said:

This trick doesn't work anymore. Whenever I redownload the previous savegame from the cloud it just continues where I left off 2mins earler.

Oh, and it also deleted all my previous sold cars in stats, even though the cars are physically gone from the parking. Just great.

I figured it out. For anyone trying this in the future: You have to redownload the profile data, NOT the savegame. Only that way will your stats remain and your sold cars return to the garage.

To sum it up:

Step 1: Buy cars from the salon, 3 at a time until all your parking levels are full of cars.

Step 3: Sell all the cars currently in your parking. (Use the blue door rather than the garage gate, it's a bit quicker and you won't have to worry about pressing the wrong location.)
Step 4: Save and quit the game, and download your profile data from the cloud, leaving the savegame intact.

By doing it this way I sold nearly 500 cars an hour, finishing this trophy in about 2,5 hours.

Can confirm this method still works, and saved me a ton of time. I tried grinding the two tutorial cars and the two from the car salon, but this was way faster. 

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...
On 20/11/2022 at 9:34 PM, Pebzey said:

Found a way to do this faster than the sandbox/salon mode.

Make a new profile, then start a new game on normal mode WITH the tutorial (the first option.)

When you load in sell the two cars that are there, then press triangle, settings and load game, this will load up the two cars that you can sell and then load again, rinse and repeat. Still a grind but it cuts some time off from doing the sandbox/salon method.

If you want a break, always return to menu without saving.

This was the exact method I used - worked an absolute treat and meant I only had 1 loading screen to contend with between each 'round' so to speak. Still took a fair few hours to complete but with YT on in the background, who can complain right? ?

• 1 month later...
On 8/20/2022 at 0:49 PM, PINNG said:

To sum it up:

2.5 hours huh? I don't believe it only took you that long. First of all it takes a long ass time just filling your 14 parking levels up with 168 cars buying 3 with each visit and with loading times, second it took me almost exactly 3 hours to sell all 1000 cars and I wasn't twiddling my thumbs. Either you are lying or you got your math wrong.

• 7 months later...

Just finished the game (that Level42 mission), saw I have sold a total of 167 cars up to this point. So still a grind to go to get this trophy, but yeah expected a good few hours for this one. I let the cars spawn in the 2 bays and on 1 lift instead of going to the parking. It spawns me at the garage anyway so before I buy new cars I sell those 3 immediately, hopefully it would go a bit quicker than loading tje cars from the parking to sell.