DIRT Rally 'Born to Run' Trophy

MennoWoods2

I just started this game while following the trophy guide on playstationtrophies.org and finished the first championship.

The second step was to get the 'Born to Run' Trophy in which you will need to win a championship on master difficulty.

The guide said that this was the easiest in the Hillclimb championship but on some forums, some people said that the Rallycross championships are easier.

So my question: What is the easiest way to obtain this trophy?

Could go both ways, but both rallycross and hillclimb are easier than rally for certain. 

I won Masters in hillclimb and it was challenging indeed but because you’re doing the same track over and over, you really start memorizing every corner and road after a while even though the surface and weather can vary from event to event. I can see how doing 9 mins of near perfect runs on Masters can be intimidating.

So with enough muscle memory and practice you will get through hillclimb. I found Rallycross to be frustrating because of the aggressiveness of the AI.

• 7 months later...

I'm currently working on winning the Fia World Rallycross Championship and I'm having a horrible time with it. I think I'll be able to just manage it though with numerous restarts.

Anyway I've read that people reckon that is probably set to Professional difficulty, even though it doesn't actually say. My question is - how much harder than the FIA Championship would Master difficulty be in Rallycross? Is there much difference between Professional, Elite and Master? I feel like I'm really at my absolute ability limit at Professional, so is there any point in me continuing on from Pro in the Rallycross career if I can barely manage now?

(Also I'll just add that my settings are ABS 5, Traction 0, Stabilty 0, but I'm using fully automatic gears, although I do the manual launch at the start so I get a quicker start. I know you're meant to use manual gearing, but I cannot do manual in games at all so it's not really a valid option for me). 

20 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

I'm currently working on winning the Fia World Rallycross Championship and I'm having a horrible time with it. I think I'll be able to just manage it though with numerous restarts.

Anyway I've read that people reckon that is probably set to Professional difficulty, even though it doesn't actually say. My question is - how much harder than the FIA Championship would Master difficulty be in Rallycross? Is there much difference between Professional, Elite and Master? I feel like I'm really at my absolute ability limit at Professional, so is there any point in me continuing on from Pro in the Rallycross career if I can barely manage now?

(Also I'll just add that my settings are ABS 5, Traction 0, Stabilty 0, but I'm using fully automatic gears, although I do the manual launch at the start so I get a quicker start. I know you're meant to use manual gearing, but I cannot do manual in games at all so it's not really a valid option for me). 

I also had troubles at first but then I changed some settings which made my car so much faster all of sudden and I got it super easily on Master. 

I think it was one of the throttle settings.  

I hope this helps ?

23 minutes ago, alanhoutman2 said:

I also had troubles at first but then I changed some settings which made my car so much faster all of sudden and I got it super easily on Master. 

I think it was one of the throttle settings.  

I hope this helps 1f605.png

Thanks, I'll have a look through the settings and see if I can change some stuff. I never touch anything beyond assists because I usually have no idea what they all do, LOL. I usually get by by dumping the difficulty down to compensate my poor default setup combined with automatic gears so it's never usually an issue, but obviously on this particular game I can't do that! :giggle:

Edited by A_Tennis_Giraffe

22 hours ago, A_Tennis_Giraffe said:

I was having a difficult time with the supercars so i tried with the 1600 and for me it was much easier.

2 hours ago, Diony197 said:

I was having a difficult time with the supercars so i tried with the 1600 and for me it was much easier.

Oh, nice tip, thanks! I haven't even tried the 1600 so I'll buy one and do some custom events to upgrade it and then see how that goes. Hopefully by combining these tips things might become easier! I keep swinging between enjoying this game and totally hating it :shakefist: