No-No trophy tips

The_Real_T-Bomb

A few tips.  You can up your pitching sliders and their hitting sliders but really not needed.  Just play as all-stars or a team with a good pitcher (Astros) against a Double A team.

I almost always went with the called pitch and usually the location, but paint the corners of the strike zone.  Nothing right over the middle of the plate.

During your at-bats, once you get 1 run, just bunt to quickly get through so that you can get back to pitching.  I think I lost 2 no-hitters in the 9th inning (ouch) but got it the 3rd time.  If you are consistently losing it by the 3rd inning, then something is going very wrong.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Stargazer2600 said:

I got real good at pitching. Let them hit the ball but either catch the ball or tag them at base. 

I also manually took my favorite team and jacked up all the stats to max and went against the worst team. then go into the sliders and put everything in your favor. theres no way you can lose lol

OMG I am a dumbass, I thought even if you record an out on a hit as long as they put it into the field that it ruins the no-hitter. Also will play against a double-A team. Thanks.

11 minutes ago, The_Real_T-Bomb said:

OMG I am a dumbass, I thought even if you record an out on a hit as long as they put it into the field that it ruins the no-hitter. Also will play against a double-A team. Thanks.

yeah, ha, no, only a hit if they reach base (errors don’t count either so if they reach by error, keep playing).

You still don’t want to let them put the ball in play often as it might find an open area and be a hit.  I think I was getting 19-20 strikeouts out of a possible 27 outs.

Edited by djb5f
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
On 26/10/2019 at 6:01 PM, ZitMeatloaf said:

I found a way to cheese this trophy. While I admittedly haven't searched every corner of the internet, I don't think I've seen anybody else mention this method yet. So if I'm the first to discover it, I'll happily take the credit. If not, oh well.

Normally the two controller method won't work for this trophy, but here's what I did:

1. Start a Play Now game and set yourself up with an awesome pitcher (I used Bret Saberhagen and the Long Ball Beasts) against a AA team.
  2. Play against the AI and record the first three outs normally.
  3. After you've got the first three outs, activate a second controller and sign in with an alt or guest account. Pause the game with the second controller and it will allow you to jump in and assign player 2 to the AA team.
  4. Use player 2 to pitch yourself some softballs straight down the plate. Score 1 or more runs.
  5. After you've got a run, it's strike city with both pitchers and no swings by the batters until the 9th inning. Play all the way until 2 outs in the ninth with this method.
  6. Once you're at 2 outs in the ninth, have player 2 log out. When you re-enter the game with player 1, it will ask you if you want the CPU to take over for the other team. Select yes.
  7. Get the last out against the AI with your awesome pitcher.
  8. No-No trophy pops.

That's what worked for me. I'm not sure if getting the first three outs against the AI is a necessary step or not, but I thought it might help trick the game into establishing that player 1 was playing against the CPU. And I obviously wanted to get the last out against the CPU.

So there you go. A free gold trophy, served on a platter.

Great tip that.  

Thought I'd try and do the whole game with the 2nd controller but the trophy didn't pop so you do need to change back for the last hitter.  

Can also confirm you can cheese well that was easy and immaculate inning this way as well. 

• Like 1