What is the difficulty for the plat on this game?

psycho_clank314

30 minutes ago, psycho_clank314 said:

Looks straight forward, but noticed not many people have it. The ship logs seem to be the rarest trophy so I'm assuming maybe the collectables are the hardest part to find. I haven't seen a guide on the game.

The soon to be published trophy guide rates this game a 4/10 difficulty 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Dreggit said:

The soon to be published trophy guide rates this game a 4/10 difficulty 

Thanks for this info. I played it for around 5 hours on Xbox One, as it is on Game Pass, but only played it for fun on a back-up (pretty aimlessly). May do it now I know there is a guide incoming.

Got 10/17 achievements with ease just by doing random misc. tasks The only one that would be quite a pain is getting all the ship logs, I think there are A LOT of logs and can also be buggy. 

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
8 hours ago, danistheguy said:

Yeah even following the video in the guide, this seems like it could take HOURS to pull off. 

i honestly nearly gave up on the plat because of it. took a break and when i tried it again the day after i did it on my 3rd or 4th try. it is so finicky though. i literally got pulled into the sun over 50 times

• Like 3

• 3 weeks later...

I put off the completion on Xbox for 2 months because of Hotshot, but I love randomly messing around on a backup and just committed. 3rd favourite game of 2019, what masterpiece. 

I did Hotshot on my 8th attempt, and got to the sun station each and every time. Ejecting is a pain, but the actual run up isn't too bad if you're patient. 

Key is early in your approach to rotate until Dark Barmble is true north of the sun - the sun station will continue coming under you directly and orbit vertically rather than horizontally. Ita so much easier this way.  Key is also to never confuse thrust (forward/back) with height (R2/L2). With practise you can hit a sweet spot of 3000m/s (ish) teetering on neutral thrust, and just make microadjustments until the station comes under you again. Then move with it and eventually you can more or less match it's orbit. When you do, enter the gap between the left structure and right main platform of the station.

If you approach and successfully get to the station itself with these frames of reference the door too your left.  Match velocity with A once you are slightly ahead of the door, get out of your ship, and jetpack to the door. 

Edited by PhantomFear94
  • Like 1