Endgame desperately needs worthwhile event quests

Maybe it's me mainly being annoyed that there aren't crown events yet but it also feels like the events in the base game were a lot more interesting at this point. 

I've already got a decent gear set optimized for the only weapon I use (longsword) and I'm finding myself being a bit bored ☹️. Not really willing to crown hunt either until the crossover events at the very least. 

Not too interesting in farming out tempered elders that may or may not 1) show up in the gl and 2)drop the right stuff for augmenting. Event quests made this stuff easier. 

If you go for trophies, this game is bit boring indeed,

If you enjoy the grinding, this game is fun, at least for me, I'm not bored (yet) with the game, so I basically keep doing investigations for deco farm (bow user here). And I'm doing the side stuff casually like the rare endemic life and Lynian Researchs.

The only thing that's annoys me, the next events Resident Evil and Horizon Zero Down I doubt the sets will have a layered version.

Edited by rafael_martines

Ya I think what has been said about me essentially having a near-complete meta build has a lot to do with why I'm getting bored. I'm honestly beyond ready for these crown and cross-over events. Had a blast with the game up to this point but I should probably just play something else now.

The event quests for the next 3 weeks don't look that exciting tbh

I think the general complaint that event quests have been somewhat lacking is pretty fair. There’s only been two quests with any really interesting rewards in over a month which is quite far behind what the base game was like at the beginning. The complaint of it being too easy to make a meta set isn’t as fair if you ask me. Making an optimized set was even easier in the base game, they didn’t start adding Kulve, ATs and Behemoth to shake up the meta until a lot later into the games lifespan.

I’m not sure i want event quests to play as big of a role in Iceborne as in base MHW. The best ways to grind being locked behind timed barriers wasn’t something i was as big of a fan of. Still, i would like to see them try and make event quests more interesting.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
On 27/10/2019 at 3:42 AM, MakoSOLIDER said:

Maybe it's me mainly being annoyed that there aren't crown events yet but it also feels like the events in the base game were a lot more interesting at this point. 

I've already got a decent gear set optimized for the only weapon I use (longsword) and I'm finding myself being a bit bored 2639.png. Not really willing to crown hunt either until the crossover events at the very least. 

Not too interesting in farming out tempered elders that may or may not 1) show up in the gl and 2)drop the right stuff for augmenting. Event quests made this stuff easier. 

I couldn't agree more. Those Crown events were the most worthwhile events in the base game, and yet they haven't bothered to make any for Iceborne?

I mean if people love just killing the same monsters for whatever pittance reward these 'events' give then fine, Im not knocking that, but for the rest of us that have other games to play or other things to do with our time, these quests would be the best way to send this game off.

On 12/18/2019 at 4:59 PM, JEDLander said:

I couldn't agree more. Those Crown events were the most worthwhile events in the base game, and yet they haven't bothered to make any for Iceborne?

I mean if people love just killing the same monsters for whatever pittance reward these 'events' give then fine, Im not knocking that, but for the rest of us that have other games to play or other things to do with our time, these quests would be the best way to send this game off.

Ya. It's a bit worrisome that the year is almost over and we didn't get any crown events at all. I did just farm out the elder dragon crowns at least except Lunustra which I'm having trouble with. Still just going to wait a year if need be for event quests that give crowns. 

• 1 month later...