Optimal Controller for 3/4/4SE

I've been a big fan of the series for many years, and I just now remembered that these games were on PSN thanks to the Halloween sale. However, it's an arcade game played with a gun, and those will always play better with the actual gun-con than a normal controller no doubt (unless this and 4 are exceptions). That being said, is this game able to be completed without a gun-con, or in this case a PS Move, or is it infinitely easier with said Move controller? The Move controller seems to be rather pricey, and I wouldn't want to invest in a 70$ control for two games that won't last me a couple weeks as I get through them for 100%, never to be used again after.

Unless there's some alternative to buying a Move that's unbeknownst to me, I'd like some input from those who have used a normal controller for this game.

• Like 1

• 11 months later...
  • 7 months later...

You can definitely play without (I did that for dead space extraction) but that was before I picked up the move and gun con. Not sure about easier since with the gun con you're constantly pulling the trigger causing more strain rather than a normal shooter (one gun con version may allow the trigger to be held for auto fire which looks like an ar rather than a pistol).

There are 3 house of the dead and 3 time crisis games you can use with it if 6 games sounds more appealing - personally I love the arcade at home feel with the gun con and it's super fun too.

8 minutes ago, waeush84 said:

There are 3 house of the dead and 3 time crisis games you can use with it if 6 games sounds more appealing - personally I love the arcade at home feel with the gun con and it's super fun too.

What’s the third TC game? I’ve only played TC4 (loved it!) and Razing Storm (wasn’t a fan), so if there’s another one I’ve missed I’d definitely go back and try it

9 minutes ago, BGriff1986 said:

What’s the third TC game? I’ve only played TC4 (loved it!) and Razing Storm (wasn’t a fan), so if there’s another one I’ve missed I’d definitely go back and try it

Sorry, I'm thinking of deadstorm pirates available on the disc version w/ tc4 and razing storm (same developer and publisher)

• 7 months later...
On 10/24/2020 at 0:50 PM, Inferno986return said:

Since this thread is still open, I'll reply.

I'm not amazing at HotD in general but I am significantly worse with a PS3 Sixaxis gamepad than a PlayStation Move controller. I think they are worth it, but it's worth playing the other HotD games to justify the price tag.

Can you "rapid fire" with the Move Controller? I'm using the DualSense for the PS5 and if you press [L1 & L2] & [R1 & R2] together they fire 4 shells simultaneously -- which is super effective during those timed boss sections and killing burly enemies fast. I'd love the smooth aim of move controllers, but not necessarily for the trade off of no rapid fire.

• 6 months later...
On 20.1.2022 at 6:03 AM, Long-Ryde said:

Can you "rapid fire" with the Move Controller? I'm using the DualSense for the PS5 and if you press [L1 & L2] & [R1 & R2] together they fire 4 shells simultaneously -- which is super effective during those timed boss sections and killing burly enemies fast. I'd love the smooth aim of move controllers, but not necessarily for the trade off of no rapid fire.

I would like to know that as well before starting HotD3. Can anybody clarify this?

EDIT:

Got all trophies in HotD4 with Move Controller and Sharp Shooter attachment.

HotD3 is a different story because of the shotgun mechanics. I discovered that you can fire up to 3 shells simultaneously with the Sharp Shooter by pressing the trigger, the grenade button under the trigger and the Move button in the inserted Move controller at the same time which really helps to get A-S rankings (it's still no walk in the park, sometimes I only get A or even B rank)! Personally two buttons (Trigger, Move button) are enough for me. I use the index finger on the trigger and the thumb or the other index finger on the Move button on top. If you make pauses, this should work for you as well! 

Edited by AiKmAn_MZ