Screen Cropped - Missing UI

Is anyone else having a problem with the L1/R1 side menus being 80% cut off? I've tried going into my PS4's screen and display setting but even with it all the way shrunk it doesn't seem to make a difference.

I cant find any option in the game settings for screen sizing or resolution or anything like that either. Anyone know how to fix?

• Like 1

It's not a  PS4 setting causing the problem, it's a TV setting. 

The issue involves overscan, a feature that slightly zooms in on the image on screen to avoid any visual artifacts around the edges.  If you turn off overscan, it should correct the problem.  Just google your TV model number and overscan, and you should easily find where it is in your settings. 

If you have a 10 year old TV like me, however, you may be SOL like I am.  My Panasonic from 2008 won't allow me to disable overscan, but it looks like most newer sets include this ability.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, tokenokie said:

The issue involves overscan, a feature that slightly zooms in on the image on screen to avoid any visual artifacts around the edges.  If you turn off overscan, it should correct the problem.  Just google your TV model number and overscan, and you should easily find where it is in your settings. 

If you have a 10 year old TV like me, however, you may be SOL like I am.  My Panasonic from 2008 won't allow me to disable overscan, but it looks like most newer sets include this ability.

Thanks tokenokie! unfortunately my TV does not have the ability to change this setting it seems... I guess I'll have to move my set up to play this one.

On 11/23/2019 at 2:54 PM, tokenokie said:

My brothers tv is also older, and he’s absolutely irate about this setting issue. Dropping $120 on a game you can’t functionally play is some straight bullshit. 

• 5 months later...