Sound Shapes: Unable to download PS3 DLC

BresoLFC

Hi guys,

The Sound Shapes DLC will not download to my PS3. When I tried to initially to download the package with all DLC's, my system only downloads the Vita version and that's it. I started the game, no DLC, just a lot of Vita-software-bubbles on my XMB.

One work around I have found for some of the DLC packages is to: Go to the PSN store via web browser > Click on the individual DLC (e.g. "Acoustic Pack") > Click download > Select "Download to all PS3 systems > Turn on my PS3 > Then letting the content download that way.

While this has worked for some of the DLC packs, the Hohokum Sound and Art Pack, Dubstep Sound Pack and ’80s Sound Pack refuse to work.

Unfortunatly the online servers for this game are down now so I can't even use the Cloud Save technique like I originally intended. I had to download the DLC content on PS4, PS3 and Vita to unlock the trophies. My PS4 and Vita have managed to do this fine, it's only the PS3 which is having issues.

Does anyone know a potential work around?

The problem I am having is similar to one mentioned by this user:

• 1 month later...

Thankfully I found a work around I use the Chrome Extension "PSDLE" and searched for the games product code then downloaded it that way. Annoying you have to use 3rd party software just to simply download some thing :/ Ah well I managed to get the items from the store, therefore my other trophies :)

• Like 1

• 1 year later...
On 1/14/2020 at 3:17 PM, BresoLFC said:

Thankfully I found a work around I use the Chrome Extension "PSDLE" and searched for the games product code then downloaded it that way. Annoying you have to use 3rd party software just to simply download some thing :/ Ah well I managed to get the items from the store, therefore my other trophies :)

It’s great to hear you were able to download them! But damn, that does sound annoying. Would you mind explaining how this works? I was having this same issue on my PS3 but I just gave up a while ago.

Edit: I’m so silly; just realized this is January 2021 now, not 2020 XD. Does this work anymore with the new store layout and all...? I’m probably screwed.

Edited by bluedash24

On 18/01/2021 at 8:43 PM, bluedash24 said:

It’s great to hear you were able to download them! But damn, that does sound annoying. Would you mind explaining how this works? I was having this same issue on my PS3 but I just gave up a while ago.

Edit: I’m so silly; just realized this is January 2021 now, not 2020 XD. Does this work anymore with the new store layout and all...? I’m probably screwed.

That extension was updated a few days ago to work with the new site layout :).

• Like 1

On 1/18/2021 at 3:43 PM, bluedash24 said:

1 hour ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

I am also keen to know if anyone has any idea how to download the ps3 version of the dlc, any help would be much appreciated!

Run PSDLE from the old webstore and you can do a custom search for the DLC.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, MrHealthy said:

Run PSDLE from the old webstore and you can do a custom search for the 

Thanks for the help, I can see the items there, when I click each dlc it opens a popup saying download to ps3 system, but when I click that, nothing seems to happen? I can see it is added to the queue, but I can't see where to go from there? Also, I can't find the dlc for Do You Wheelie Want To Hurt Me? Any ideas? Thanks again!

2 hours ago, Shinoda_2qx said:

Thanks for the help, I can see the items there, when I click each dlc it opens a popup saying download to ps3 system, but when I click that, nothing seems to happen? I can see it is added to the queue, but I can't see where to go from there? Also, I can't find the dlc for Do You Wheelie Want To Hurt Me? Any ideas? Thanks again!

As long as the button that says Download to PS3 switches from blue to green and its in your queue you just need to power on your PS3 and it should start downloading. It can be a little finicky on the PS3 side and you may need to power it off and on a couple of times before it finds it.

• Like 2

• 11 months later...

I just about drove my crazy with this myself. I bought the packs on PS4 (not realizing cloud servers don't sync anymore, and haven't for past couple years), and in order to get the DLC packs to register and download on my PS3, they all actually appeared in the download list on the PS3 itself, as opposed to grabbing them from the Playstation Store. Vita ones are intermixed with them too, so you'll have to select around those, but they're all 100kb downloads.

• 4 weeks later...
  • 6 months later...
20 minutes ago, Antiristus said:

So, I'm looking at the DLC Collection in the PS Store accessed via PS3. But do I understand it correct that you can't download this even if you buy it?

No, you can download it if you buy it.  Just make sure you get the right version, or PS3 and not Vita.

• Like 1

• 4 months later...
22 hours ago, CrashBandizoot98 said:

@LegendExeter

I have downloaded sound shapes on my ps3 with the dlc but it’s not showing on sound shapes?

It should be there if you got the PS3 version.  Should have just installed together.  Double check the titles of the DLC to make sure it's really there and your not just confused.