Skyforge servers shutting down anytime soon?

GardenOfSouls

Hello people. I want to start playing Skyforge, but I see it takes a looooot of time to get 100% trophies base game + Dlcs. So you guys that play a long time ago, think that the game will be shutdown anytime soon, the producers economy is good, etc.. ooor, the game dev is in Full speed, the game comunity is blá blá blá. Thanks for the replies.

Edited by DaivRules
Fixed "soob" in thread title
  • Like 1

Personally, every time that I've played and looked for Raids or matchmaking I don't really have a problem in finding those, it may take a while but there is still a community. PVP I can't say because I have no experience in that. However, I don't know what region this game is, and this is strictly speaking for North American servers.

As for economy, well, be prepared to either grind 24/7 or pay out of pocket. A lot of classes are locked and can be obtained within the games currency, but it takes way to long. You can shell out some real cash to instantly unlock them however.

I don't know if you're in it just for trophies or to actually play the game. But a lot of content is "locked" behind a paywall in terms of progress fast enough. For example they're events that require you to do certain things, but if you're a free player you will have trouble and you'll feel like you're barely contributing to anything. This has no effect on trophies, but you won't get items or cosmetics and is entirely optional. It's a fun game personally, but it is quite grindy.

As for a shutdown? I don't think so, they've just released an update about a week or 2 ago, and released an expansion about 2 months back.

• Like 1

The game is healthy and still has a pretty good thriving community, one thing I recommend if you start playing and don't want an even longer grind is to check out psn store they quite frequently put up the class unlock packs and in-game currency on sale. Well it may seem silly to some to spend money on a free game. There's a reason why this game hadn't had most of its trophies completed for so long. It's probably got the longest grind of any mmo or game on here (yes possibly more then Path of Exile or ESO even). Also save even free boosters you get for end level grind. When you first start this game they will give you tons of boosters and free premium bonuses you can activate but it's best saving them for end level grinding.

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

I don't think the servers for the EU/NA would should down anytime soon, but overall the players base is low, so who knows what will happen.

but for the Japanese version, these servers were completely dead so it makes sense, shutting this one down. if you asked people around on the discord server they did not even know there was a Japanese server.