Progress 99% 189/190

VaNiDgE

Hello just need a bit of help

Trying to get 100 percent the only thing i need is Alien Tech which is 13/14, but i have no idea where or what it is.

I have found all Fuel, alloy, Cinema, points of interest, tablets.

All i have left to do is "Survey Planet" which is at 99% which i think is connected to the Alien tech, and the other thing i have to do is "Round Trip" whic is to relaunch the Javelin.

There is nothing that is telling me what i need to do next.

Any suggestion or help appreciated

2 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Trying to get 100 percent the only thing i need is Alien Tech which is 13/14, but i have no idea where or what it is.

All i have left to do is "Survey Planet" which is at 99% which i think is connected to the Alien tech, and the other thing i have to do is "Round Trip" whic is to relaunch the Javelin.

Gaming with Abyss posted a few scan guides in the other topics on the forum, below them you can find the list with all the items that need to be scanned with timestamps. While a bit time consuming you can cross check them with the list in your Kindex to find something you missed. (I missed the tundra version of the critter that runs out to pick up materials and a small fungus somewhere in my run)

Other things you need are related solely to trophies i.e. there is no trophy for 100%.

I ended my first run with some 99.7% I was missing one Kintech scan that was nowhere to be found and mentioned in any collectible guide - BUT - it is not required for any trophy.

You will get the "Home at last" trophy (good ending) for finishing the story and having all other scan related trophies (flora, prey, predators, alien beacons and tablets)

tl;dr as long you have completed the story and all other scan/trophy requirements you can finish the game for the good ending without the total survey being 100%

4 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Alien Tech

Alien Pumpjack

Alien Teleportation Pedestal

Cracked Stone Grate

Crystalline Beacon

Enigmatic Tablet

Genetic Samples

Leaping Alien Petroglyph

Mysterious Shrine

Ornate Alien Chest

Plant Seed

Rotating Mechanism

Strange Alien Barrier

Strange Alien Statue

Unknown Explorer's Log

13 hours ago, Killbomb said:

I don't think the scan-related trophies are needed for Home at Last. You just have to beat the final boss and collect the item he drops. You need the scan trophies anyway for Plat of course but you don't need them for the good ending. 

It's not needed. I located all the scans I was missing after I got the Plat

19 hours ago, VaNiDgE said:

Nothings missable is it???

For example, fuel cells, if you forget to scan them and then are none left, is there still a way to scan them......??? Guess this could go for ANY collectible

Bosses, can you still scan them once they are dead, can we scan their corpse??

Goo, what if we collect them all.and forgot to scan them???

Any other potential missable scans anybody can think off??

I see 100% scans are not needed for plat, this could be why, but this could hurt some who want 100%

You know what, the PLANET SEED may be a missable scan and it is a ALIEN TECH scan also.

Once you have collected that, dont think you can scan again as it disappears due to you collecting it........

EDIT:

Orange goo, bosses, fuel cells etc all stay behind in some form that you can still scan.

Only possible missable scans I can think of is the PLANET SEED and the GREEN JELLY CUBE whatever that is called again. (But im thinking the jelly cubes respawn without the alloy, surely).

Thing is some stuff is added automatically, are those 2 above automatic or manual scans?

Edited by Optinooby

3 hours ago, Optinooby said:

You know what, the PLANET SEED may be a missable scan and it is a ALIEN TECH scan also.

Once you have collected that, dont think you can scan again as it disappears due to you collecting it........

EDIT:

Orange goo, bosses, fuel cells etc all stay behind in some form that you can still scan.

Only possible missable scans I can think of is the PLANET SEED and the GREEN JELLY CUBE whatever that is called again. (But im thinking the jelly cubes respawn without the alloy, surely).

Thing is some stuff is added automatically, are those 2 above automatic or manual scans?

I can confirm green cubes (alien alloy canisters you need to feed material) respawn even after you got the alloy - so they are not a missable scan

KINTECH scans are not required in any way for the platinum

10 hours ago, Ac3dUd3- said:

Reddit has a list, cross check with this

Ah cheers for that, for the life of me i couldn't not find a list, I just wanted to get 100 Percent more for the reason I like the game and already spent waaay too long already trying to get all the collectibles and upgrades, maybe a but OCF on my part. 

Cheers everyone for your help :)

Edited by VaNiDgE
  • Like 1