Trophy Families Guide 2.0

Malachen

15 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Have you tried searching by EA Account ID and searching my name? Sometimes the PS on screen keyboard adds a space on the end. Check that it hasn't done that.

EDIT: I see you've sorted it now. The game is indeed glitchy and poorly optimised on PS4 which is a shame cos it is good fun. At least trophy hunters won't have to suffer with it for too long now ?

By the way I didn't got the 1 million dollars you got on the video that was supposed to unlock a trophy. Any fix? 

18 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

By the way I didn't got the 1 million dollars you got on the video that was supposed to unlock a trophy. Any fix? 

A number of people seem to have this happen my only suggestion is to remove the family and redownload it from the gallery. Every time I tested it it worked. Sorry

3 hours ago, olivemac said:

Just used your family to unlock Alphabet Legacy as well, 10 less people made it a hell of a lot easier, appreciate! I used Trop-Hee family with the money to add one of the members in to the family to get more money to fund the adoptions, then removed her straight away so I wouldn't get confused 

Can you share the family you did the 26 generation trophy? You would save a lot of time to a lot of people

On 2/5/2020 at 1:45 AM, Malachen said:

@NZBigC Search either Item Name: Legacy Player or EA Account ID : NZBigC

Have the bald sim adopt a child. Have that kid blow out candles twice, then have that sim adopt a new child. The trophy popped for me after I did this. You can also use this as the basis for the alphabet legacy trophy.

@maiathewinners I think with this family.

Edited by DoodgraverNL

1 hour ago, DoodgraverNL said:

@maiathewinners I think with this family.

2 hours ago, maiathewinners said:

Can you share the family you did the 26 generation trophy? You would save a lot of time to a lot of people

Using the legacy one it takes about half an hour to get 26 legacies. I am doing some testing at the moment to see if I can upload a family to get people this trophy. Will let you know my findings.

• Like 1

For folks asking about time to plat. I was able to do this in 9 hours, and that didn't include having families for Legacy grinding. I think if you are well prepared and have a vague understanding of the game, you can do this in 3-5 hours. My issue ran into figuring out how to kill Sims for the Black Widow trophy. (trait.equip_traits Laugh turns Sims to ghosts, but does not Kill them according to the game.) I had the Vampire DLC so I was able to turn them into Vampires (traits.equip_traits Trait OccultVampire) and lock them outside. I'm not sure the quickest way to do it without burning Sims.  But other than that, everything else can be done with the families defined above. I applaud everyone involved in getting this setup in a timely manner. It's a massive game changer, and I think that rarity will go up significantly assuming EA doesn't patch this.

Edited by jdh0921
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

For folks asking about time to plat. I was able to do this in 9 hours, and that didn't include having families for Legacy grinding. I think if you are well prepared and have a vague understanding of the game, you can do this in 3-5 hours. My issue ran into figuring out how to kill Sims for the Black Widow trophy. (trait.equip_traits Laugh turns Sims to ghosts, but does not Kill them according to the game.) I had the Vampire DLC so I was able to turn them into Vampires (traits.equip_traits Trait OccultVampire) and lock them outside. I'm not sure the quickest way to do it without burning Sims.  But other than that, everything else can be done with the families defined above. I applaud everyone involved in getting this setup in a timely manner. It's a massive game changer, and I think that rarity will go up significantly assuming EA doesn't patch this.

Nice, congrats on getting first place on the leaderboard. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Phantochi said:

Nice, congrats on getting first place on the leaderboard. 

Thank you kindly, won't last long but it's fun to see it while it's there. I had been dreading this game for months, because my wife's been wanting me to do it but kept reading horror stories about it. Glad I checked in when I did, Everyone's tips were very helpful. Especially yours about Black Widow, as that was my last trophy to Plat.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

I found the quickest way was the old school pool method. Using the method, put all 4 of the Sims into a pool then put walls around it so they can't get out. Make them swim laps till they get exhausted and die. Best to do with elderly Sims as they get tired quicker. Took about one in game day to kill off 4 at which point I created a new sim and set it as the husband of one of the freshly widowed Sims and stuck him in the death pool. Took about 30 mins in total.

I can't see the leaderboard but 9 hours is the fastest time I've seen so far. I think 4-5 should be doable though.

Just now, Malachen said:

I found the quickest way was the old school pool method. Using the method, put all 4 of the Sims into a pool then put walls around it so they can't get out. Make them swim laps till they get exhausted and die. Best to do with elderly Sims as they get tired quicker. Took about one in game day to kill off 4 at which point I created a new sim and set it as the husband of one of the freshly widowed Sims and stuck him in the death pool. Took about 30 mins in total.

I can't see the leaderboard but 9 hours is the fastest time I've seen so far. I think 4-5 should be doable though.

That's not bad at all, I forgot about that method. The Vampire method took about 10 minutes total (half a day in game). But I would say it's not worth buying the DLC just to save 20 minutes. Only had it because the wife's such a fan of the series she gets the DLC when it's on sale. 

5 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

That's not bad at all, I forgot about that method. The Vampire method took about 10 minutes total (half a day in game). But I would say it's not worth buying the DLC just to save 20 minutes. Only had it because the wife's such a fan of the series she gets the DLC when it's on sale. 

Yeah my wife bought a bunch of the DLC after I did all the work for the trophy families lol. Tiny Living would have made the building the skill trophies easier...

5 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

You are right about the vampire method but not all people buying DLC :) only who love this game.

Well thanks everybody for the families, got most of the things done.

I think Channel Surfer is bugged for me, I have watched every single radio and TV channel and no trophy unlocked. Even bought the best sets and upgraded them and nothing. 

Hope that by tomorrow we have this method developed and the generations families ready to go

3 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

I think Channel Surfer is bugged for me, I have watched every single radio and TV channel and no trophy unlocked. Even bought the best sets and upgraded them and nothing. 

Hope that by tomorrow we have this method developed and the generations families ready to go

I had to do it a few times to get it to pop. One thing I noticed is if a SIm is talking to another Sim, it won't register as watching the channel on TV. I think it ended up taking me three tries to get this to work. It's not glitched, just really fickle about what counts and what doesn't.

• Like 2

Just created a family that pops the Alphabet Legacy trophy bringing this play down to an easy 2 hours I reckon. Just fiddling with it then I will upload for all to use.

8 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

I had to do it a few times to get it to pop. One thing I noticed is if a SIm is talking to another Sim, it won't register as watching the channel on TV. I think it ended up taking me three tries to get this to work. It's not glitched, just really fickle about what counts and what doesn't.

I found the best way to combat that was by turning off autonomy.

• Like 1

Just now, Malachen said:

Yeah my wife bought a bunch of the DLC after I did all the work for the trophy families lol. Tiny Living would have made the building the skill trophies easier...

I enjoy playing this game since PS2 even I'm done with the platinum I still like creating random stuff xD DLC making the game more beautiful and easier for trophies, I keep creating families (Chinese families. Arabian families, Indian families  All Kinds of Families ? I think who wants to unlock the platinum only no need to buy DLC because of the gallery update. 

14 minutes ago, maiathewinners said:

no glitch, you need to watch every channel slowly don't change the channel fast.same with the radio. 

5 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Just created a family that pops the Alphabet Legacy trophy bringing this play down to an easy 2 hours I reckon. Just fiddling with it then I will upload for all to use.

Does this pop both trophies you reckon? Or do you need the one for 10 Generations and then this one for 26?

10 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Confirmed! I already downloaded it and it popped after adopting a child with '25 Valadez' :D Thanks so much for that one. The plat is now mine! Now I can go back to enjoying this game on PC haha.

Edited by NZBigC
  • Like 1

5 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

Confirmed! I already downloaded it and it popped after adopting a child with '25 Valadez' :D Thanks so much for that one. The plat is now mine! Now I can go back to enjoying this game on PC haha.

Just created a new one so you don't even have to adopt a child lol. Literally just place the family in a house and the trophy pops. Fairly sure this means the only trophies that actually need you to do something are black widow and channel surfer and getting a ghost to move in. Gonna see if I can make a family for the first 2 of these.

11 minutes ago, jdh0921 said:

Does this pop both trophies you reckon? Or do you need the one for 10 Generations and then this one for 26?

Can confirm it pops both trophies after about 10 seconds in the lot.

8 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

I didn't had to adopt anyone, I got the trophy as soon as I started playing with the family. @Malachen thankyou so much for doing this 

• Like 1

Just now, maiathewinners said:

I didn't had to adopt anyone, I got the trophy as soon as I started playing with the family. @Malachen thankyou so much for doing this 

The first family I uploaded did require you to adopt but I changed it pretty quick when I realised you could pop both with no input. You're welcome, up to 800 downloads now over the 5 families that have been uploaded in total (the original trophy families got reuploaded with hashtags)

2 minutes ago, Malachen said:

The first family I uploaded did require you to adopt but I changed it pretty quick when I realised you could pop both with no input. You're welcome, up to 800 downloads now over the 5 families that have been uploaded in total (the original trophy families got reuploaded with hashtags)

You... are... insane...!!! I It is amazing how easy this plat is now. I wonder if they will disable the gallery or patch it soon so you can't get trophies this way :P Such a great job done by all so thanks everyone involved so far.

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a sim that pops every single trophy as soon as you play them. Do you accept this mission... :P 

Image result for tom cruise the sims

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, NZBigC said:

You... are... insane...!!! I It is amazing how easy this plat is now. I wonder if they will disable the gallery or patch it soon so you can't get trophies this way :P Such a great job done by all so thanks everyone involved so far.

Your next mission, should you choose to accept it, is to create a sim that pops every single trophy as soon as you play them. Do you accept this mission... :P 

Image result for tom cruise the sims

Paha I did think about trying this but the only way I could get the career and skill trophies to pop for sure was to make the player get them once they had loaded the family. Also I am supposed to be platting Witcher 3 this month as a challenge. The plat is indeed remarkably easy now. It does make me chuckle that I still don't have some of the career trophies on my main (this one) account ?? even though I've made the families

Yeah it would be interesting to see if they patch it so you can't get trophies from the Gallery. I recommend everyone do it ASAP just in case.

Edited by Malachen
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Malachen said:

Paha I did think about trying this but the only way I could get the career and skill trophies to pop for sure was to make the player get them once they had loaded the family. Also I am supposed to be platting Witcher 3 this month as a challenge. The plat is indeed remarkably easy now. It does make me chuckle that I still don't have some of the career trophies on my main (this one) account ?? even though I've made the families

Yeah it would be interesting to see if they patch it so you can't get trophies from the Gallery. I recommend everyone do it ASAP just in case.

This only came out in January on PS4 if I remember right. I think there is a decent chance they will patch it. I would get them done ASAP just to be safe.