Is it slightly bugged ?

Hey_Its_Mr_Jay

I went through the other day on impossible I changed it a couple of levels before the last boss to easy because I forgot about the trick.

But once I complete it, making sure I finished him on impossible, the only trophy to pop was impossible ? I repeated it on every difficulty and nothing ? So I went through on easy and changed to hard and nothing at the end ? Then I replayed on easy and got that trophy but not for normal or hard.

So what I don't get is why did it work for impossible and not any other difficulty ?

Has anyone else had this issue ? 

Not sure Jay, I didn't have this issue with the EU version. Are you doing the NA one? I didn't use that exploit for difficulty,  I played the whole game on impossible. I can test it on NA since I've only beaten like 2 levels on that version.

Edit: scratch that. I thought this was number 2. So let's just pretend this is me saying hello. Lol.

Edited by RoxasOnFire
  • Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I did all 3 stacks. As I recall, doing the glitch on the North American version pops all the difficulty trophies at once. With the Japanese & Hong Kong version's, the glitch works, but only 1 difficulty trophy pops, so you have to play the last level at least 4 times to get all the difficulty trophies.

Edit:

I've been contacted by several users saying that the difficulty glitch wouldn't work for them on the Hong Kong and Japanese versions (some couldn't even get Easy difficulty trophy to unlock). All I remember is that I played the game completely offline and got all the trophies in one sitting. Not sure if the save glitches at some point or the version I played 2 years ago was updated or patched.

Edited by FallenRyan

• 4 months later...
On 2/5/2020 at 5:47 PM, Hey_Its_Mr_Jay said:

I went through the other day on impossible I changed it a couple of levels before the last boss to easy because I forgot about the trick.

But once I complete it, making sure I finished him on impossible, the only trophy to pop was impossible ? I repeated it on every difficulty and nothing ? So I went through on easy and changed to hard and nothing at the end ? Then I replayed on easy and got that trophy but not for normal or hard.

So what I don't get is why did it work for impossible and not any other difficulty ?

Has anyone else had this issue ? 

So I finally got back to finish this today. It is definitely buggy.

My first playthrough of the game I got no trophies when I completed it. I redid the game in one sitting on easy and got that trophy, but I could not unlock any of the other difficulty trophies by either replaying the final checkpoint or even by replaying the entire final chapter.

I know the glitch must work though, as others have completed the game with all 4 difficulties unlocking a few minutes apart. Unlike the NA/EU version, difficulties clearly don't stack, so my assumption is that you will have to replay the final checkpoint - I just wasn't sure how to get it to work.

I played around with the suggestions that @FallenRyan mentioned above, and I was finally able to get the 3 other difficulties done, simply by replaying the last checkpoint. I did have to replay the entire game, and I did this on easy in a single run, using a clean install of the game, with my original save deleted. I also played offline, but I'm not sure that matters.

This would be my suggestion for those planning this stack

1. Delete the game and your save file, and do a clean install if you have already played this

2. Unplug your network cable or disable wifi so you are offline

3. Play the game on easy in a single sitting - do not exit out of the app or shut off your PS4 (I wasn't able to unlock any trophies at all for completing the game over several sessions)

4. Do not change the difficulty at any time during your playthrough prior to the ending - don't try doing the trophy for Bonnino's strip club on normal at this point (I'll come back to that later)

5. When you reach the end boss and are at the last part with the zeppelin, change the difficulty to impossible and die to restart that checkpoint - check that you are still on impossible

6. Complete the game and don't skip the end cutscene or credits - the impossible trophy should pop after the credits when the menu reloads

7. Choose continue, which should put you back at the checkpoint noted in step 5 - now change to hard, die to restart the checkpoint, and then go on to complete the game - again, don't skip the cutscene or credits

8. Repeat step 7 but choose normal, then finally easy to get those last 2 trophies

9. Clean up - you can now replay Chapters for miscellaneous trophies and you can replay the strip club and change difficulty at the end to normal to get that trophy as well

I am not entirely sure all of the above steps are absolutely needed. I think that doing the game in one sitting without closing is mandatory, and I believe that doing impossible before hard or normal or easy ensures the glitch will work. I couldn't get the checkpoint continue to work going easy to normal to hard to impossible - but it could just be that it is buggy. I'm not sure if playing offline matters at all, but it really is easy enough to do that there is no downside.

I hope this helps others. Was driving me nuts. Game is fun, but if you're doing this as a stack, you're probably wanting to just get it done without having to do 4+ full playthroughs.

I would assume this also works for the JPN version. I'm not sure if I can stomach testing it at this point. Maybe down the road...

• Like 3