Hard = Bronze & Extreme = Silver... Are you kidding me?

Illuvial

Those 12 people who actually managed to beat Extreme obviously have either the patience of a saint, or a pile of mangled controllers.

It seems like the only reason this is as hard as it is is because of Hard Pogo.  The difficulty itself is pretty much hard mode with replaced items and no saving.  Had they not forced Hard Pogo on the player, I can practically guarantee that anyone who beat the game on hard would have beaten extreme easily.

My thoughts exactly. Hard Pogo is a pain... A real one.

• 2 weeks later...

I didn't have any trouble with the pogo stick until I got to extreme difficulty.  

I used hard pogo the whole time and blasted through the game on hard with 10 extra lives remaining at the end. But then I tried extreme...For some reason the controls seemed to become very sloppy and unresponsive but only on the extreme setting. It made the play through very frustrating but I finally got it. Anybody else have this problem?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...

If anyone even cares, I got the 100% today. started it a couple of days ago, didn't really play all that much each of these days. First I did it on easy... and that was easy!! Then I grinded a little on easy, and then I went over to hard, and I did that with plenty of lives left and didn't need to save or load etc. Grinded out the rest I needed in Amazon and practiced the last level two or three times. Finally I went over to extreme, and thought it would be very hard. Played very safely etc, except for the level I had played so much (Amazon), which I died at twice... -_-' I died once at the Moon, the very upper part, I never failed at this part ever before, but of course you do with a bit of extra nerves when it really counts. Then finally I died once at the beginning of the last level (those dumb bats). Entire rest of that level went smoothly, and I had like 6 or 7, I think 7 lives left when I finished the game. :) So yeah, that went on first try. It's really not that hard.

I had a couple of freezes in my other playthroughs, like once in the Transylvania level and three times in the level select menu. Don't go afk in the level select menu, because obviously, there's a freezing glitch there, which sucks if happens during extreme playthrough.

Edited by MMDE

• 1 month later...

Extreme mode what a b!t$h mode !

But I won't get mad because of this stupid non-gold trophy.

Gald I didn't purchase the game and just got it by Plus.

I will not support the developer of this game.

lol? The Extreme mode wasn't that hard... IMO it was a lot easier than the original NES game... Then again, I did it on first attempt and I only died three times, and they were all really dumb deaths... :P What you should have done was practice the hard parts a couple of times so you could do it without losing any health, and then play safe when you finally go for it. Helps a lot to know where all the extra lives are too.

Edited by MMDE

So what is the difficulty like compared to the original NES game? They overpriced this game in EU, so I won't be getting it for quite a while, but I most certainly will at some point. When I can 100% Spelunker HD, this game shouldn't really be a big issue. My only concern is nobody has 100% this game yet. lol

I have Ducktales 100% on both my current (this one) and my original account which I don't use anymore.

The only hard thing about Extreme is the fact that you can't save and the game is known to crash. It's the same as Hard otherwise.

EDIT: Didn't see the date on MMDE's post before quoting. My bad.

Edited by Quaedam_Animae

• 2 years later...

I loved this game. Completed the Extreme mode on third attempt today. The only really hard part was at the end with the lava rising - you have to be very fast and climb ropes and use pogo efficiently. At the last attempt I lost like 6 lives (I had 8 in total).

The game was flawless for me and never crashed on me on any difficulty. I selected Quick Cinema mode and skipped those few cutscenes.

• 4 years later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 1 year later...