Fellow Aussies, are you going to do digital or keep your physical order for FF7 Remake and wait a day later?

I just realised April 10 is Black Friday in Australia and I don't know how it is with other countries but in Australia, Black Friday, Easter Sunday and Monday are all public holidays. This affects the release day of FF7 Remake as if you're going for online delivery, the game is gonna be delivered to your home earliest at Tuesday (14th). The other option (which is probably the best option for physical copy lovers) is you can just pick up and collect your game on Saturday (11th) as shops reopen on that day, if you don't mind waiting for another day.

To people that are really dying to play this game on release however, digital copy from PSN bypasses all of that public holiday mess that Square Enix probably didn't bother to take into consideration when they moved the release date. It's such a first world problem to be thinking about but I'm quite torn about going digital over physical since I'd love to get my deluxe edition.

How are my fellow Aussies and any other fellow gamers in the same position going to get FF7 Remake? Get it digital to play it right when it comes out or wait it out (after all we've waited this long to even get this remake, what's a day compared to all of that??).

Edited by PostGameBlues

Hard Copy for me, given the size of the game (well according to rumors) by the time the game downloads with my terrible speed it would almost be the same time anyway :D

But when this was announced many Australian people posted on social media asking for it to be changed. Slightly good news smaller shops ie in Melbourne one is called Critical hit has already said  they will be open for this release. I would not be surprised if certain EB stores don't either do a midnight launch or open for a small period on the day.

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I'll pick it up when it goes dirt cheap in a few months, just like every other game.

Pretty much this, not an Aussie though.

11 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Hard Copy for me, given the size of the game (well according to rumors) by the time the game downloads with my terrible speed it would almost be the same time anyway :D

But when this was announced many Australian people posted on social media asking for it to be changed. Slightly good news smaller shops ie in Melbourne one is called Critical hit has already said  they will be open for this release. I would not be surprised if certain EB stores don't either do a midnight launch or open for a small period on the day.

Does every Aussie have bad internet? :P 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, Demon--Prototype said:

I'll pick it up when it goes dirt cheap in a few months, just like every other game.

That's fair, that's usually what I do to games that I'm interested to play but not interested enough to pay full price at release (for ex: Nioh 2, Doom Eternal, etc)

23 minutes ago, fisty123 said:

Yeah that's a good point, if it's bigger than Red Dead Redemption 2, which is probably the case, then it might be a bit of a problem. Although it depends how early they allow downloads to begin. I've never really pre-ordered new games digitally so I don't have prior experience but if it's just a day before the release that they let you download the game then I'm not sure lol. Maybe it's possible but my family is pretty much using Netflix and other streaming apps constantly which affects my net speed.  

I live down in Adelaide, I don't think there's a small game shop like that over here. Just hoping for a midnight release from EB Games ?

Edited by PostGameBlues

8 hours ago, Bliss said:

Does every Aussie have bad internet? :P 

It's improving but it is still so far behind compared to most of the world, The second issue in the PSN network it just runs slower over here for most of us.

Edited by fisty123
  • Like 1