The Jp version has English language, yet is released late April

Optinooby

Exactly as Title suggests!

I got this Jp version because I want to get a 100% trophy walkthrough up for it before April which is very busy release wise. (4 hour platinum btw with my help)

Now ive been through the whole game using Jp text, only to just NOW find that english is a option in the options language setting, and it seems to CHANGE EVERYTHING to english.

Obviously seems all ready for WW, but guess they are perhaps hoping that after RE3, players will be in that mindset and want some more action. They believe releasing then is a better marketing strategy.......

I dunno, just can't believe Ive been all the way through in a language I dont understand with my native tongue in the options, gotta laugh right lol

Anyhow, its not a bad game, just more like a cheap ripoff RE2R, so dont expect it to reach Capcom quality, but still fun. 

And yes, you will have a optimised trophy walkthrough ready for WW release ;)

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Malachen said:

Was looking forward to this game already and now I know you've done a guide for it, it's gonna be a sure fire buy. Will do a blind playthrough then follow your guide. Is it text or video?

Not done yet, currently working on it. Video only at the moment for the Full Trophy Walkthrough, will do a few misc runs as well like speedrun on easy with no deaths and perhaps a focused hard run on just that, not sure about any text stuff, will see.

The full run will be a less than 4 hour run, and I will do it with commentary so shouldnt waste too much time watching.

The game has a tonne of missables btw, and if im honest, a lot of the mechanics are weird so after a few hours, you may choose to loosely follow a walkthrough anyway ;)

3 hours ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Love survival horror, so I plan on adding this to my collection. Let's go!

Definitely, think it will be difficult going to this after RE3 though xD

1 hour ago, Optinooby said:

Definitely, think it will be difficult going to this after RE3 though xD

Yeah, I'm sure, but the developers are big fans of the series and I know they put their heart into developing the game. I give them props.

If jp has eng language then maybe it's better to play it before re3. 

Daymare is great game, played it on pc, faces of characters are not that great and enemy variety is not that big, but I was at awe while playing first 2 chapters, maybe best parts of the whole game, for me and was really suprised how well overall the game is for a small dev team. So many homages to the 90's and re games. 

1 hour ago, MrTrofyHunter said:

Yeah, I'm sure, but the developers are big fans of the series and I know they put their heart into developing the game. I give them props.

27 minutes ago, Ptirle said:

If jp has eng language then maybe it's better to play it before re3. 

Daymare is great game, played it on pc, faces of characters are not that great and enemy variety is not that big, but I was at awe while playing first 2 chapters, maybe best parts of the whole game, for me and was really suprised how well overall the game is for a small dev team. So many homages to the 90's and re games. 

All the easter eggs are mad, there all over the place. Even trophies, collectibles are easter eggs lol.

I would stay and observe my surroundings a bit more, but I play to make guides and so have to get to work ;)

A lot of the EEs are quite funny as well!

Im glad in a way, I though I was going to have to redo the guide again but in english on WW release, but now dont have to!

A lot of games that have English language support in the Japanese version don't even bother with worldwide releases knowing the biggest fans will just import . Gundam games suffered from that for a while, it is odd that it seems ready for release yet they havent released it yet though. 

21 minutes ago, charxsetsuna said:

A lot of games that have English language support in the Japanese version don't even bother with worldwide releases knowing the biggest fans will just import . Gundam games suffered from that for a while, it is odd that it seems ready for release yet they havent released it yet though. 

It hasnt even got jp audio vocals, thats all in english, cant change that, definitely created with english language in mind.

RE sells better outside of Japan I think I read once, April is a really busy month for awesome releases, will lust for RE after people have played RE3 carry them onto this.......who knows, although its not as polished and plays a little bit different, I think the game LOOKS VERY Resident Evil Remakey, so may work out, but only if people see this game, think I only came across it by chance.

I hope it does well, its pretty good and a good profit could lead to a much improved sequel!

Edited by Optinooby

• 2 weeks later...