Plat rarity from ps3/4

eldest-band

Just now, AJ_Radio said:

If I was 18 - 20 years old again, I would probably make a real attempt at Crypt of the Necrodancer or Super Street Fighter IV. But at this point in my 30s, it's just not worth it.

I enjoy a challenge every now and then, but even I have my limits. The problem nowadays is I got too much to do in terms of work and looking after family. I didn't have those responsibilities when I was younger.

Both games have too much grinding for me to bother with them.

You just gave yourself an answer. You have a family to look after and jobs, something that also awaits me in very near future. That is the reason why everyone cant dedicate time to those games.

• Like 2

• 2 weeks later...

The rarity isn't surprising to me. 

What is surprising is how quickly people are getting the platinum. Sub four hours seems absolutely insane. I know naturally a part of it is going to be the improved loading times; but if you look at the fastest platinum achiever on PS3, and then compare it to the PS4 version, it's halved. I still haven't discovered the secret to that.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

I can definitely see sub four hours doing the story on Hard provided one is skilled and doesn't make any real mistakes. However doing both the story and the challenges in sub four hours is truly insane, if that time is actually legit.

You can still watch Japanese speedrunners on YouTube doing Challenge #6 in under four - five minutes. That is completely beyond my skillset. I imagine if I were to do that challenge again I can do it in four to six hours, basically halved from the 12 hours it took me to beat it on the PS3 version of Vanquish.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...