Plat rarity from ps3/4

eldest-band

surprised to see the ps3 to ps4 completion 5% is pretty high compared to the ps3 2% is there a specific reason for this? 60fps make challenge 6 a breeze now? haha just curious.

Edited by eldest-band
got the ps4 completion rate wrong.
  • Like 1

I've wondered why also. Couple things to take into consideration. Vanquish on PS3 was a plus game at one time. I'm not taking away from the difficulty but that could be a factor.

On Ps4 you may have a lot of repeat players and they knowing what to do, that could have the percentage trending upward. The 60 FPS could be a factor also. I'm no vanquish veteran but I intend to try to plat it on PS4. Only on the second chapter so far.

Edited by snakebit10
  • Like 2

The game hasn't been out for a while on PS4. Many players (including myself) are waiting for a sale to pick it up

Most current plat achievers are fans of the game that got the plat before on PS3 so they'll be fimiliar with it, and 60 FPS definitely plays a factor in making the plat easier, while I don't think easier but it makes the controls and the overall gameplay more precise

Not to mention that there are definitely more trophy hunters right now than in 2010

• Like 1

On Ps4 you may have a lot of repeat players and they knowing what to do, that could have the percentage trending upward. The 60 FPS could be a factor also. I'm no vanquish veteran but I intend to try to plat it on PS4. Only on the second chapter so far.

I don't feel a big difference between 30 and 60 (difficulty speaking), the last round is still "not easy", it's mostly because it's a remaster and the original was ps+ in 2012.

You can look at many remaster on both plateform, even when it's longer than before the completion still stay above (cf Yakuza 3 is longer, Yakuza 4 is ... 5 minutes shorter ? ) 

I’d say it’s more with the tracking related issues the site has faced in the previous months. Before, it tracked everyone who started a game. Now, it only tracks those who choose to update or are updated by another user if I understand correctly. You’ll even see this with newer titles in general by having a much lower overall “total owners” even for wildly popular games. 

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I played Chapter 5-3 on PS4 hard (Last boss with the Red and Blue bogies), and died once.

I just played PS3 version, which I have had for years. Died countless times. Not going to say how many, it was a lot. But finally beat it 

I played this after PS4 version.

I gave up on hard mode, chapter 5-3 on PS3, years ago. When this came out on PS4 I thought, OK, take another crack at it.

In my opinion last fight is insanely more difficult on PS3.

Edited by Natt5kift
adding a bit more
  • Like 4

• 1 month later...
  • 9 months later...

an enlightening intuitive answer for almost all threads that address this question in a variety of games: number of players who own the game. almost 200,000 people have the original version, and less than 10,000 have the remastered (not to mention the fact that on ps4 there are 3 versions, which only contributes to making platinum more common). and we still have the fact mentioned by many above that the vast majority who purchase the game already have in mind what to do. my tip is: always see how many people own the game, extremely challenging games will be UR even for a trophy hunting website.

• 2 months later...

I suggest that everyone who likes TPS games must play this because it is brilliant game with one of the best mechanics and gameplay as far as TPS games go. Platinum itself will be hard and challenging, sttruggled with challenge #4 for one day, and challenge #6 for 2 or 3 days if i recall correctly but still it is manageable since you dont have to put a lot of time because game is very short. 

12 hours ago, Deadly_Ha_Ha said:

There are few games that attain a level of game play excellence like this one's, but yeah remasters are typically more common iirc

Vanquish on the PS4 just now became an ultra rare platinum, barely. Still a lot of people that can't do the challenges. However, I'm not paying $24.99 for a game that's over a decade old. So will be waiting for a big discount.

12 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

Vanquish on the PS4 just now became an ultra rare platinum, barely. Still a lot of people that can't do the challenges. However, I'm not paying $24.99 for a game that's over a decade old. So will be waiting for a big discount.

They can or better say they could do them, its just they dont have the will to repeat them over and over and over again. It is the most contributing factor to all games, not the skill but the will to repeat and persevere.

• Like 1

8 hours ago, crowizard said:

They can or better say they could do them, its just they dont have the will to repeat them over and over and over again. It is the most contributing factor to all games, not the skill but the will to repeat and persevere.

This.

Saying that ppl can’t do these challenges is the wrong attitude. Anyone can beat the challenges if they put the time into practicing plus there are multiple guides out there on YouTube, that are very helpful.

This is an amazing game and one of my favorite TFS games, so I think it deserves to be played by more ppl. So to anyone who’s hesitant to try this game out because of the difficulty - know that I’m a very average gamer in general and I managed to plat it :) 

you need to be educated a little bit 

In PSNP 

In PS4 number of players are 7228 number of plat achiever are 358 means 4.95% rarity based on this 

In PS3 number of players is 190580 number of plat achiever 4427 means 2.32% rarity based on this

if you want to compare rarity between two different systems then both number of players should be the same. 

by the way, did not require a big brain to figure it out 

2828kj

Edited by cometowner

On 5/17/2021 at 5:44 PM, crowizard said:

On 5/18/2021 at 2:08 AM, Don_carlito94 said:

This.

Saying that ppl can’t do these challenges is the wrong attitude. Anyone can beat the challenges if they put the time into practicing plus there are multiple guides out there on YouTube, that are very helpful.

This is an amazing game and one of my favorite TFS games, so I think it deserves to be played by more ppl. So to anyone who’s hesitant to try this game out because of the difficulty - know that I’m a very average gamer in general and I managed to plat it :) 

Skill is subjective. It took me around 12 hours to beat Challenge 6. Was I exceptionally good? No, but this is still a difficult challenge that many people give up on because they don't have the will to push forward. I never said it was all about the skill either, so I don't know where you pulled that from.

An average player can do Super Meat Boy. People have done it, but the time commitment is something many aren't willing to fully invest in.

On 5/18/2021 at 2:35 AM, cometowner said:

you need to be educated a little bit 

In PSNP 

In PS4 number of players are 7228 number of plat achiever are 358 means 4.95% rarity based on this 

In PS3 number of players is 190580 number of plat achiever 4427 means 2.32% rarity based on this

if you want to compare rarity between two different systems then both number of players should be the same. 

by the way, did not require a big brain to figure it out 

2828kj

A real comparison would be something like Assassin's Creed IV: Black Flag, since they are technically the same on both the PS3 and PS4 in many respects with only a month's difference between their initial release. Most remasters have higher rarities because a lot of people who play them already know what they're getting into, thus they are much more familiar.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, AJ_Radio said:

Skill is subjective. It took me around 12 hours to beat Challenge 6. Was I exceptionally good? No, but this is still a difficult challenge that many people give up on because they don't have the will to push forward. I never said it was all about the skill either, so I don't know where you pulled that from.

An average player can do Super Meat Boy. People have done it, but the time commitment is something many aren't willing to fully invest in.

Of course skill is subjective. But in general trophy hunting is in the end just perseverance, far far far more than skill. Everyone can plat any game here, but not everyone can represent his country on worldwide competitions. That takes perseverance + skill. 

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, crowizard said:

Of course skill is subjective. But in general trophy hunting is in the end just perseverance, far far far more than skill. Everyone can plat any game here, but not everyone can represent his country on worldwide competitions. That takes perseverance + skill. 

So you're basically saying everyone can platinum Crypt of the Necrodancer and Super Street Fighter IV.

Okay then. ?

2 minutes ago, AJ_Radio said:

So you're basically saying everyone can platinum Crypt of the Necrodancer and Super Street Fighter IV.

Okay then. 1f611.png

I can firstly say that i dont have the skill for Street fighter 4, and that i struggle with it, with its trials to pass them without using turbos, only DS3. It took me longer than time spent for platinuming Super Meat Boy+ Wolfenstein  2 + Vanquish. Can you imagine that? Im still trying and will succeed. But still, after all of its crazy hard trials im nearly there, few more characters. If i can do Street Fighter why others cant do it? If they all had the perseverance like i have they would have it. Crypt is another level sicne it is hardest platinum, but even Crypt can be beaten if you put 1000+ hours on it. The thing is 99% wont clock 1000 hours into 1 game and that is a fact.

• Like 1

Just now, crowizard said:

I can firstly say that i dont have the skill for Street fighter 4, and that i struggle with it, with its trials to pass them without using turbos, only DS3. It took me longer than time spent for platinuming Super Meat Boy+ Wolfenstein  2 + Vanquish. Can you imagine that? Im still trying and will succeed. But still, after all of its crazy hard trials im nearly there, few more characters. If i can do Street Fighter why others cant do it? If they all had the perseverance like i have they would have it. Crypt is another level sicne it is hardest platinum, but even Crypt can be beaten if you put 1000+ hours on it. The thing is 99% wont clock 1000 hours into 1 game and that is a fact.

If I was 18 - 20 years old again, I would probably make a real attempt at Crypt of the Necrodancer or Super Street Fighter IV. But at this point in my 30s, it's just not worth it.

I enjoy a challenge every now and then, but even I have my limits. The problem nowadays is I got too much to do in terms of work and looking after family. I didn't have those responsibilities when I was younger.

Both games have too much grinding for me to bother with them.

• Like 3