PS3 DISC PROBLEM !

BossZombieMan

This might sound like I'm trying to make fun of you but I'm being a 100% serious. Have you tried to blow into the disc drive? This is an actual old school method that used to work with cartridges and stuff back in the day. This is the only solution I can think of, not really a tech guy.

3 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

This might sound like I'm trying to make fun of you but I'm being a 100% serious. Have you tried to blow into the disc drive? This is an actual old school method that used to work with cartridges and stuff back in the day. This is the only solution I can think of, not really a tech guy.

Use compressed air, not your mouth, saliva is corrosive to electronics. 

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, HellcoreFire said:

I will try when shops will open again because quarantine. 

13 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Either the disc has a manufacturing fault (not scratch related) or the laser is dying. I'd try a new copy first, then run through the options in Safe Mode before considering getting a new laser.

The game makes freeze my PS3. It also makes a strong bee noise.

11 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

It's not the ps3, it's the disc. Other ones work.

Edited by BossZombieMan

8 minutes ago, SnowxSakura said:

Makes sense, I learned something today. Thanks. ☺️

13 minutes ago, BossZombieMan said:

I will try when shops will open again because quarantine. 

Forgot about that, my company still makes us go to work. It's weird to see empty streets, it's like a post-apocalyptic setting without zombies. Hope you have some other stuff to play in the meantime.

6 minutes ago, HuntingFever said:

Order it online, then you don't have to worry about finding an open store :).

Not sure but I think France is in full quarantine so couriers might not work.

1 hour ago, BossZombieMan said:

It's not the ps3, it's the disc. Other ones work.

Could still be the laser dying. I had something similar with my Xbox 360. It definitely seemed disc-specific, I knew exactly which mission would trigger the console to go crazy, but the problem eventually ‘spread’ to other missions on the same disc and then it started happening with other discs as well. It stopped reading discs altogether eventually. 

Hope this is NOT the case for you. 

54 minutes ago, Sifferino said:

Could still be the laser dying. I had something similar with my Xbox 360. It definitely seemed disc-specific, I knew exactly which mission would trigger the console to go crazy, but the problem eventually ‘spread’ to other missions on the same disc and then it started happening with other discs as well. It stopped reading discs altogether eventually. 

Hope this is NOT the case for you. 

Hopefully it's not that. I had no problem with Dead Space 3, Need For Speed Most Wanted and Call Of Juarez Bound in Blood. 

Edited by BossZombieMan