Neverwinter Nights Platinum Guide

thekingsman123

• 10 months later...
On 22.3.2020 at 8:36 AM, thekingsman123 said:

This is just a short and sweet platinum guide. My method is fairly shameless - max out your character to Lv 40 through the Hordes of the Underdark expansion first and then go do everything else. There are missables so use Neenea's guide in the first link below. Also have a look at http://www.gamebanshee.com/neverwinternights/nwnwalkthrough/ for walkthrough/location guides.

Neverwinter Nights Platinum Guide

1) Play Hordes of the Underdark (HotU) expansion first and abuse the character creation system to get some trophies at the bottom of this guide - https://steamah.com/neverwinter-nights-enhanced-edition-100-achievement-guide/

Once done, you need to play as a wizard until at least Lv 21 for Epic spell and Bigby spell trophies. Play HotU at least until Chapter 2.

At Chapter 2, refer to Ishnes's tip here to reach max level (40)(https://forum.psnprofiles.com/topic/82150-getting-to-level-40/)

2) Just finish HotU as it's a slog and the last 2 chapters run like shit on the PS4. Ensure you defeat last boss on Very Difficult difficulty (set it beforehand). TIP: You have to actually fight him, not banish him. He's only really weak to acid so use acid spells, acid bombs and acid flasks.

3) Import your Lv 40 wizard in to the Neverwinter Nights Original Campaign (OC). Use Neenea's guide above for missable trophies and save scum when required. Ensure you keep Yvette's baby in Chapter 2 until you reach Chapter 3 (actually, just keep it till the end of the game). 'You Just Can't Keep the Baby' trophy is glitched and this is the only way to complete it.

If you're starting a new character, you'll need to level up to 5, 10 and 15 in Chapters 1,2 and 3 respectively or you'll miss out on your henchmen trophies.

Also, ensure you defeat last boss on Very Difficult difficulty. TIP: Bash the statue first and then go to town on the boss and her followers. Epic spells such as Hellball or Lv 9 spell Horrid Writing will make this battle fairly painless.

4) Export your wizard (with baby) to HotU Chapter 2. Then just go to Lith My'athar west and stick the baby in the Beholder control panel for the 'That Baby Does NOT Go There' trophy. If this doesn't work, you can also just keep Nora Blake's baby in Chapter 1 of Shadows of Undrentide expansion and export to HotU Chapter 2 as well.

5) Import your wizard in to the Shadows of Undrentide expansion. Ensure you defeat final boss on Very Difficult difficulty. TIP: Use a summon to take her on while you just destroy the mythallar structures around her. I used Dragon Knight and my red dragon actually finished her off himself.

Why do you have to defeat the bosses on very difficult, when the trophy descriptions say hardcore, which is one setting lower than very difficult?

• Like 2

• 4 months later...
On 22/03/2020 at 10:36 AM, thekingsman123 said:

2) Just finish HotU as it's a slog and the last 2 chapters run like shit on the PS4. Ensure you defeat last boss on Very Difficult difficulty (set it beforehand). TIP: You have to actually fight him, not banish him. He's only really weak to acid so use acid spells, acid bombs and acid flasks.

I don't believe this, it didn't work. I didn't get the trophy for hardcore.

Edit: Tried again on very hard and that didn't work either. Did I need to know his true name even though I have to kill him instead of banishing him?

Edit: "You decided the fate of Mephistopheles after a grueling battle while the difficulty was set to Hardcore Rules or harder". Man, I've really botched this.

Edited by bikeman223

Okay. I finally got it. I think I was killing Mephistophieles too fast, so he didn't have a chance to surrender and allow you to decide his fate. For some reason the trophy will only unlock if you finish the battle in that specific way. Though get his true name anyway just to be safe. Please feel free to let me know if any of the other campaign bosses have similar restrictions.

Since your character is exported every time you finish a campaign I can roughly surmise that I've completed this boss encounter 9-10 times.

Edited by bikeman223
  • Like 1

• 9 months later...
  • 2 weeks later...
On 28/03/2022 at 10:37 PM, WiktorM101 said:

So, you don't even have to play whole game on Hardcore? On easy whole game and change to Hardcore before related boss fights?

Yes, just make sure it's set to hardcore before you got into the room where the fight happens so basically for Morag it's before entering source stone sanctum, for Heurodis it's the third level of the tower, and for Mephistopheles you set it before entering the final portal in the Reaper's demiplane.

Guys, I'm working on a mini guide myself with tons of exploits that makes the game easy as hell, including a way faster method to get to max level, just be a little patient because I only do that when I have nothing to do at work, and it's pretty long, but it's a good read before doing the platinum.

• Like 4

• 5 weeks later...
On 11/05/2022 at 11:14 PM, WiktorM101 said:

Any update?

Damn I completely forgot about it due to the holidays. i wanted to go back on the game check a bit of something related to altering weapons but maybe I’ll post what I have as is during the week-end and edit later…

• Like 1