Flatout

Alexgaara

Just a heads up, for the final mg challenge,  it may be good idea to set your speed to imperial because 70mph = 112.65km/h (requirement is 113km/h) not sure if the game will measure differently but it may help? 

What a wild run I got random damage twice,  but then it finally all came together and I pulled a 6:54.300 at 70.3mph.

Hopefully that's the hardest out of the way and it's smooth sailing on cleaning up the rest.

• Like 1

Hadn't thought of that, and I'm sure you're right that you indeed require less speed, the devs surely didn't care to "even" the difficulty for both measures (even if it's not much, it definitely could make a difference).

Added to the 1st post, thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have the miles/h required for 4-8?

Edited by Alexgaara

3 minutes ago, Alexgaara said:

Hadn't thought of that, and I'm sure you're right that you indeed require less speed, the devs surely didn't care to "even" the difficulty for both measures (even if it's not much, it definitely could make a difference).

Added to the 1st post, thanks for the tip. Do you happen to have the miles/h required for 4-8?

For the 106kmh/ requirement you need to hit 65.865mph(goal in imperial is 66mph) so this would actually be slightly easier with metric.

4-8 was way easier lol. Managed to finish it at 107.5km/h at 7:05 or thereabouts, only took a handful of tries rather than hours.

• Like 2

Thanks again, updated (not a major difference, but worth mentioning).

Oh it definitely was easier yeah, it had way more leeway than I expected at first, that and the fact that you didn't had to deal with a pesky "below medium damage" feat made it fun rather than unnecessarily cheap (seeing how some of you guys failed because of damages you didn't even have, driving clean runs).

I also struggled a lot with the final metro event. Had more than 10 clean runs in time, which did not meet the damn damage criteria.

However, my video series is now finished. The following link shows a complete, chronological playlist of all events. The only ones not included are the first two Scotland event. They were really easy and i did not record them as well as the four other events, where you only have to avoid damage(sweden in first era, wales and argentina in second era and the greece event without damage). Those are not included for obvious reasons. Enjoy!

• Like 3

Hmm I did fiddle around changing difficulties trying to ward off potential time glitches but never actually completed an event on a difficulty besides very hard (that I can remember), here's hoping I'm not glitched, but am going to leave an easy event for last and back up my save just in case the game decides to play games with me.

On 01/04/2020 at 2:28 PM, Alexgaara said:

I hope what I thought was harmless advice doesn't end up screwing with you :(

Nah I should be fine, but am stuck now on the 2 stage monte Carlo event,  jeez those times are wild and the car is broken. 

The last event is by far the hardest in my opinion. I completed pretty much every event within 2-3 tries – surely not easy or anything but always doable. The last event on the other hand is ranking up the difficulty from a solid 8/10 to a clean 10/10. The event is little bit like driving a 7 minutes Trackmania Black-Track for the Trackmaster-Medal… in other words: this event is completely nuts. 

Anyway, I finally completed all the events today and fortunately both trophies unlocked. I changed the difficulty once to 92 and back to 91 again but never lowered it. Maybe this info helps someone who is worrying wether or not the trophy unlocks for him. 

Since the game doesn't track your playtime I can't tell for sure how long the DLC took but I would say 25-30 hours. I played both DIRT Rally games before the DLC was released approximately 200 hours and I consider myself quite a skilled driver. So it's very hard to say how long someone needs to practice who never played a DIRT game before, 100 hours maybe? 

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 3

Wow codemasters, after somehow managing to get the Sunday driver trophy I thought it couldn’t possibly get any worse than that and they hit me with this.

where do I start. Well firstly I would like to ask how people manage to best these times on their “2nd or 3rd attempt”. It take me at least 20 attempts just to reach halfway before going off the road. To me this is insane difficulty and having to be so perfect for so long is just not do-able for me. So it has screwed me out of 100% for this dlc. 

secondly I’d like to ask why codemasters? Why link another trophy to the very hard difficulty putting it out of reach of the vast majority of people ,it’s like they want you to be perfect at their rally game when in the real world, and let’s be honest here, Colin McRae was far from perfect at his game, he crashed constantly. Anyone who know anything about 90s rallying can tell you that. 

so to summarise, they’ve ruined it for me.

I have already deleted the game knowing it’s out of my reach now, I enjoy gaming but on my terms. I don’t have the time to sit restarting the same events for 3 hours and get nowhere with it, medium difficulty is enough challenge for most folk I’d say, gives us all a chance. But no so I’m done with this game now. 

1 hour ago, HorusClass-Mike said:

Wow codemasters, after somehow managing to get the Sunday driver trophy I thought it couldn’t possibly get any worse than that and they hit me with this.

where do I start. Well firstly I would like to ask how people manage to best these times on their “2nd or 3rd attempt”. It take me at least 20 attempts just to reach halfway before going off the road. To me this is insane difficulty and having to be so perfect for so long is just not do-able for me. So it has screwed me out of 100% for this dlc. 

secondly I’d like to ask why codemasters? Why link another trophy to the very hard difficulty putting it out of reach of the vast majority of people ,it’s like they want you to be perfect at their rally game when in the real world, and let’s be honest here, Colin McRae was far from perfect at his game, he crashed constantly. Anyone who know anything about 90s rallying can tell you that. 

so to summarise, they’ve ruined it for me.

I have already deleted the game knowing it’s out of my reach now, I enjoy gaming but on my terms. I don’t have the time to sit restarting the same events for 3 hours and get nowhere with it, medium difficulty is enough challenge for most folk I’d say, gives us all a chance. But no so I’m done with this game now. 

It’s meant to be hard, seeing as I’m one of the players who found this relatively comfortable to deal with, I don’t have any issue with the difficulty, in fact I was crying out for some hard rally trophies, however, I am under no illusion this trophy was designed for the 1% of gamers, and if I was on the bad end of this I’d be in the Codemasters forums displaying my feelings on it lol the same as speed runs in some games, designed specifically for the 0.1% of YouTube speed runners, who I might add for the most part could care less about trophy hunting, there’s never any balance, devs these days either give you easy pointless trophies or they’re impossible for the majority, fact is this is here and it’s not going away, all I can offer you is that if you care about earning 100% for games, don’t buy them until the game is finalised with all dlc so you can see what your invested in, that’s how I buy games now, say for a few where I like to support the devs and know they won’t screw us over, I’ve built a backlog and I have no reason to get screwed now, good luck with them tho, if you can do 1 you can do them all

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Shmeefly said:

It’s meant to be hard, seeing as I’m one of the players who found this relatively comfortable to deal with, I don’t have any issue with the difficulty, in fact I was crying out for some hard rally trophies, however, I am under no illusion this trophy was designed for the 1% of gamers, and if I was on the bad end of this I’d be in the Codemasters forums displaying my feelings on it lol the same as speed runs in some games, designed specifically for the 0.1% of YouTube speed runners, who I might add for the most part could care less about trophy hunting, there’s never any balance, devs these days either give you easy pointless trophies or they’re impossible for the majority, fact is this is here and it’s not going away, all I can offer you is that if you care about earning 100% for games, don’t buy them until the game is finalised with all dlc so you can see what your invested in, that’s how I buy games now, say for a few where I like to support the devs and know they won’t screw us over, I’ve built a backlog and I have no reason to get screwed now, good luck with them tho, if you can do 1 you can do them all

I get it’s meant to be Very hard or they would of linked it to medium or no difficulty at all. I’m just saying why link it to very hard in the first place. Why can’t players play something at a difficulty they choose themselves. It’s not real life it’s supposed to be fun not hair tearing out frustration which is what this is (or would be) for 99% of people. I’m not looking for easy platinums although yes I do them from time to time. I also platinum hard games too but this isn’t hard,it’s nightmare difficulty 

Edited by HorusClass-Mike
Punctuation

3 hours ago, HorusClass-Mike said:

I get it’s meant to be Very hard or they would of linked it to medium or no difficulty at all. I’m just saying why link it to very hard in the first place. Why can’t players play something at a difficulty they choose themselves. It’s not real life it’s supposed to be fun not hair tearing out frustration which is what this is (or would be) for 99% of people. I’m not looking for easy platinums although yes I do them from time to time. I also platinum hard games too but this isn’t hard,it’s nightmare difficulty 

Well for me it was only fun because it was a challenge. I was very disappointed when the DIRT Rally 2.0 trophies turned out being super easy and everyone will be able to get them. I mean DIRT Rally is a game purely based on mastering the art of driving rally, so it makes perfectly sense putting challenging trophies in this game because otherwise there is barely any goal for trophy-hunters like myself. I improved my driving-skills in DIRT tremendously since the DLC launched last week because I wanted this trophy so badly. The final event took me 3 hours alone but this is what DIRT is about, improving yourself and exceeding your limits. 

Personally I think Codemasters did a great job this time with the DLC, finally a challenge for people like me and others who invested hundreds of hours in learning and perfecting there skills in this game and people like you who are obviously not very keen about learning this game for some reason can still achieve the platinum-trophy. 

But discussions like this lead to nowhere.

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 3

3 hours ago, OBSTINATIO said:

Well for me it was only fun because it was a challenge. I was very disappointed when the DIRT Rally 2.0 trophies turned out being super easy and everyone will be able to get them. I mean DIRT Rally is a game purely based on mastering the art of driving rally, so it makes perfectly sense putting challenging trophies in this game because otherwise there is barely any goal for trophy-hunters like myself. I improved my driving-skills in DIRT tremendously since the DLC launched last week because I wanted this trophy so badly. The final event took me 3 hours alone but this is what DIRT is about, improving yourself and exceeding your limits. 

Personally I think Codemasters did a great job this time with the DLC, finally a challenge for people like me and others who invested hundreds of hours in learning and perfecting there skills in this game and people like you who are obviously not very keen about learning this game for some reason can still achieve the platinum-trophy. 

But discussions like this lead to nowhere.

Can you not challenge yourself in a game unless a trophy is involved? Why didn’t you just play dirt rally base game on very hard difficulty if that’s how bad you want to be challenged ? I bet you didn’t . But if that’s how you want to do it then turn the difficulty up ? Surely it’s that simple in the end. Everyone wins . Fin 

6 hours ago, HorusClass-Mike said:

Can you not challenge yourself in a game unless a trophy is involved? Why didn’t you just play dirt rally base game on very hard difficulty if that’s how bad you want to be challenged ? I bet you didn’t . But if that’s how you want to do it then turn the difficulty up ? Surely it’s that simple in the end. Everyone wins . Fin 

Well how about you turn the difficulty down and live without the trophy? Either you except the challenge some hard trophies offer or you leave them alone and spend your time elsewhere but what is the whole point in trophy-collecting if any amateur can get them? I myself always try to complete games but sometimes it's just too hard, time consuming or boring for me and so I give up. If trophies like this wouldn't exist trophy-collecting had no point at all.

As a matter of fact I played the base game on a difficulty between 75 and 85 depending on the car and I also set a time on every track in time-attack with my favourite cars – none of this is required for any trophies but maybe this is the reason why I was able to complete the DLC and you ain't.  

Edited by OBSTINATIO
  • Like 3

31 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

It is always sad to read reactions like this. This attitude of "trophies should be achievable for everyone" shows where all the easy PS4 platinums took the whole trophy community.

I am really glad this game finally got trophies that are actually challenging instead of just time expensive.

I have no offense against people who give up on this DLC, it is totally ok. What I disrespect however is that typical trophyhunter who does not even want to play the game and is just here for the platinum trophy only.

I may cite myself on this:

And that is exactly the case. I am not a racing expert with years of experience. I started with Dirt Rally 1 earlier this year. But I loved the game for what it is and not just the trophies. I invested time, improving myself and ended up on a level where I beat this DLC. But not even trying and just complaining about the trophies not being easy in general is really sad.

If I'm honest, you should be glad the platinum was easy, because most likely you don't even deserve it.

These days, people avoid challenges like the pest, boost multiplayer modes on release(see Resident Evil Resistance... came out yesterday and already has tons of boosting sessions) and use every little trick and glitch possible to make their game easier.

Most "trophy hunters"(although that term has no meaning at all anymore) just want to sit back and have their trophies raining in for playing a game on easy and watching youtube videos for collectibles and everything else.

And the thing with "don't have the time for this" is a really bad excuse, because 30h+- is around the average time for platinums and if you have time for playing other games, you definitely have time for playing this DLC :D

Yeah sorry for the honesty, this is nothing personal, but more a reflection on the trophy scene in general.

Yeah I avoid challenges that’s why I completed days gone challenge mode and got all gold . That’s why I’ve platted over 150 games over 3 accounts for nearly 15 years. This game did not need more trophies period ! How can you assume from me comaplaing how difficult they’ve made this turn into oh he’s only here for a quick trophy? If that was the case I wouldn’t play games like Witcher’s 3 fallout 4 Skyrim no man’s sky and all the other hard platinums I’ve spent hundreds of hours completing.  You’re get good attitude stinks . I’ve done it and if you cant then tough shit ?. Whatever . 

59 minutes ago, Ghost-TeamX said:

It is always sad to read reactions like this. This attitude of "trophies should be achievable for everyone" shows where all the easy PS4 platinums took the whole trophy community.

I am really glad this game finally got trophies that are actually challenging instead of just time expensive.

I have no offense against people who give up on this DLC, it is totally ok. What I disrespect however is that typical trophyhunter who does not even want to play the game and is just here for the platinum trophy only.

I may cite myself on this:

And that is exactly the case. I am not a racing expert with years of experience. I started with Dirt Rally 1 earlier this year. But I loved the game for what it is and not just the trophies. I invested time, improving myself and ended up on a level where I beat this DLC. But not even trying and just complaining about the trophies not being easy in general is really sad.

If I'm honest, you should be glad the platinum was easy, because most likely you don't even deserve it.

These days, people avoid challenges like the pest, boost multiplayer modes on release(see Resident Evil Resistance... came out yesterday and already has tons of boosting sessions) and use every little trick and glitch possible to make their game easier.

Most "trophy hunters"(although that term has no meaning at all anymore) just want to sit back and have their trophies raining in for playing a game on easy and watching youtube videos for collectibles and everything else.

And the thing with "don't have the time for this" is a really bad excuse, because 30h+- is around the average time for platinums and if you have time for playing other games, you definitely have time for playing this DLC :D

Yeah sorry for the honesty, this is nothing personal, but more a reflection on the trophy scene in general.

maybe in your world you can do them that quickly ? I’m currently doing death stranding and I’m into 160 hours already. Games take me forever to finish because I don’t run through them as fast as possible collecting trophies like you obvs think I do . 
ill post my response here because I don’t seem to be able to post a new comment. you can check my trophy lists for yourself .

Horusclass-mike

mike85_scfc

mikeysmiler

And goodbye I will not be using this site of ‘get good’s again. 

15 minutes ago, HorusClass-Mike said:

Yeah I avoid challenges that’s why I completed days gone challenge mode and got all gold . That’s why I’ve platted over 150 games over 3 accounts for nearly 15 years. This game did not need more trophies period ! How can you assume from me comaplaing how difficult they’ve made this turn into oh he’s only here for a quick trophy? If that was the case I wouldn’t play games like Witcher’s 3 fallout 4 Skyrim no man’s sky and all the other hard platinums I’ve spent hundreds of hours completing.  You’re get good attitude stinks . I’ve done it and if you cant then tough shit ?. Whatever . 

Not sure what is the point you are making :D Firstly, not a single one of the games you are mentioning is hard all just time consuming and secondly it seems that you within 15 years of trophy-hunting didn't understand that trophies are unique and some take time, some are difficult and some are easy. There is no problem with hard trophies just because some people will not achieve them. And who are you to say that this game didn't need any new trophies? I personally know three people who were very happy about this new DLC and the trophies. One starts the game only because of this new challenge. 

Honestly I think you are bit shady and I think you are just trolling. 5 posts on the website in 15 years of trophy hunting… multiple accounts? Only reason I can think of is that some trophies have been little too hard for you and you got kicked out for cheating. 

• Like 2

33 minutes ago, HorusClass-Mike said:

Yes my friend and that is exactly the difference. The Witcher III, Skyrim, Fallout... all these games are designed to be played and completed by anyone. This is exactly the case of "just play and you'll get the trophies" I mentioned above.

Any you know what? This is good how it is. Not every games is meant to be hard. Fallout for example does not even have that pure and defined gameplay to be suitable for brutal difficulties. These games live from their atmosphere and great worlds. I played Fallout on normal difficulty and no higher.

Racing however is a totally different genre. This is all about speed and adrenaline. I mean this is a sport! If you don't share this opinion, then I think rallying just isn't for you! And it's ok, there is a reason why The Witcher has 100 times more players. Racing will always be a more niche genre for those who want the stress of always being on the edge with all the great moments, but also frustrating experiences.

And as @OBSTINATIO just pointed out, none of your games mentioned are even slightly hard. I think you're confusion time expensive with true difficulty. Playing games for many years also means nothing difficulty wise. And so do platinums. I see enough people with close to 1000 platinums, never having played any difficult games

• Like 3

@x7eight Congrats mate! Happy to see my poor advice hasn't screwed with your trophies.

I'll add that bit of info to the 1st post.

@OBSTINATIO Congratulations to you too man! I still can't wrap my head around the fact that you had no info about your car damage in real time during that last event, made it harder for stupid reasons, forcing you to finish runs that could've been negated from the very start, weird decision.

When you say you once changed the difficulty to 92 and back to 91, was it kinda like what I suggested in one of my earlier post (so just a quick change 91 -> 92 -> 91), where you never finished an event with the 92 setting?

Or you happened to have finished events with both the 91 & 92 difficulty?

Anyway, it's cool to see all you guys making it through, was a tough but enjoyable challenge to overcome.

As you've all stated already, Dirt 2.0 platinum wasn't anything special (can't even imagine what people experience must've been playing at 1 difficulty), so it was cool to actually have that 1 trophy to strive for.

Edited by Alexgaara
  • Like 1

20 minutes ago, Alexgaara said:

@OBSTINATIO When you say you once changed the difficulty to 92 and back to 91, was it kinda like what I suggested in one of my earlier post (so just a quick change 91 -> 92 -> 91), where you never finished an event with the 92 setting?

Or you happened to have finished events with both the 91 & 92 difficulty?

Thank you @Alexgaara

I did it like you wrote in one of your early posts, so I never finished an event on 92 difficulty just started one and then quit and changed back to 91.