Wattam Trophy Guide, Glitch Tips and Trophy Review.

TheDblTap

• 2 months later...

05/07/2020 - Convert the snowman into fruit via any of the trees as soon as possible! By doing this the snowman won't melt and disappear when they decide to wander to another location and you can breathe easy that the dumbass mound of snow will be safe when they decide to book a summer holiday.

But still, make sure to save after each season after checking each character is present and accounted for, just to be safe.

• Like 1

On 05/07/2020 at 6:08 PM, SimmondsR said:

05/07/2020 - Convert the snowman into fruit via any of the trees as soon as possible! By doing this the snowman won't melt and disappear when they decide to wander to another location and you can breathe easy that the dumbass mound of snow will be safe when they decide to book a summer holiday.

But still, make sure to save after each season after checking each character is present and accounted for, just to be safe.

Excellent advice!

Thanks for adding this here for people. Would you be happy for me to add it to the Trophy Guide? I will credit you, of course. Or the original source if you can provide that (and it's not you).

Edited by TheDblTap
clarification

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/07/2020 at 10:51 AM, TheDblTap said:

Excellent advice!

Thanks for adding this here for people. Would you be happy for me to add it to the Trophy Guide? I will credit you, of course. Or the original source if you can provide that (and it's not you).

Ah, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. But yeah I'd be more than happy for you to do so especially as your Trophy Guide was the best out there in regards to this game both in presentation and just how it was written.

It was myself that came up with the method, thankfully I am blessed with a good idea once every couple of years :D

9 hours ago, SimmondsR said:

Ah, apologies for not getting back to you sooner. But yeah I'd be more than happy for you to do so especially as your Trophy Guide was the best out there in regards to this game both in presentation and just how it was written.

It was myself that came up with the method, thankfully I am blessed with a good idea once every couple of years :D

Hey!

No problem, thanks for getting back to me!

I'm adding your advice now. It was the timestamp that made me think you were quoting somebody so I just wanted to be sure I was crediting the right person.

• 8 months later...

Tried the fruit trick with the snowman quickly after it appeared... but somehow it disappeared not too long after that and I saved before noticing, welp

Another possible bug I found was some of the trees would suddenly be unable to eat or/and transform back, and this seems to stay that way (EDIT: thankfully this fixes itself when reloading the save/game)

Edited by Zanreo

• 2 months later...
On 24/3/2021 at 9:39 PM, Zanreo said:

Tried the fruit trick with the snowman quickly after it appeared... but somehow it disappeared not too long after that and I saved before noticing, welp

Another possible bug I found was some of the trees would suddenly be unable to eat or/and transform back, and this seems to stay that way (EDIT: thankfully this fixes itself when reloading the save/game)

Hi how do you revert the trees back to seeds?

On 6/5/2021 at 3:55 PM, Asph1 said:

Hi how do you revert the trees back to seeds?

Go to the middle of the island as a tree, where the hole the seed got planted in is, there should be an option to transform (doesn't have to be the same island the tree is from)

• 2 months later...
On 2020-07-20 at 2:28 AM, TheDblTap said:

Hey!

No problem, thanks for getting back to me!

I'm adding your advice now. It was the timestamp that made me think you were quoting somebody so I just wanted to be sure I was crediting the right person.

On 2021-03-24 at 4:39 PM, Zanreo said:

I also had no luck converting the snowman using the winter pine tree. Shortly after the story progresses and moves the snowman off winter island, regardless of what you do. I found converting him to an ornamental globe (via the pine tree) he would still disappear every time.

In the end I brought one of the other trees (I believe autumn) which converted snowman to a mushroom and that worked perfectly. 

Other than snowman, I didn’t really have any major glitches with the game. It was oddly relaxing.

• 3 months later...

There's definitely something glitchy about the snowman. I had converted him to gold poop and left him holding hands with the mouth. I checked he was still present and saved. After the cut scenes where they introduce the father character, everyone else had been teleported off the winter island and the mouth wasn't holding hands with anyone.

I tried reloading the save, and the snowman was missing in the collection there too. The mouth was still holding hands with a gold poop called "Tony" (rather than Kumiko, as the snowman is referred to in the collection), which didn't correspond to anyone in the inventory. I tried doing a kaboom on the mouth/poop and could only find the mouth afterwards. I reloaded and  tried doing a circle dance around the poop to restore it, but the character just disappeared.

This time around, I moved the mouth and "Tony" off the winter island before triggering the cut scenes. The mouth was still holding hands with "Tony". As I'm close to the end and didn't keep a save from before the snowman spawned, I guess I'll see if it is still possible to complete.

Okay, that seemed to work out okay. My suggestions are:

1. once you can control the snowman, convert it into a fruit or poop, and flush it down the toilet to turn it gold. Make sure you don't lose track of it during this process.
  2. pick another character who is not needed by future missions (I chose the mouth), turn them to gold and then have them face the transformed snowman and hold both hands.
  3. move the pair to some island other than winter, and leave them alone for the rest of the game.
  4. complete the main quest line, unlock the remaining characters and turn everyone to gold.

While I couldn't select the snowman in my collection, I could always find the other character and verify that they were still holding hands with the snowman. And in this configuration, they tended to stay put rather than wondering off.