Random Joker Help

I don't believe there's any actual way of increasing the chance of one appearing, however after a super long web search when I played on my previous account, I found that by entering the game, doing 1 or 2 battles and then exiting and starting over again. I was able to get it very quickly... But I don't know if I just got lucky or if this actually works ? hopefully it helps.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ninja-Minty said:

I don't believe there's any actual way of increasing the chance of one appearing, however after a super long web search when I played on my previous account, I found that by entering the game, doing 1 or 2 battles and then exiting and starting over again. I was able to get it very quickly... But I don't know if I just got lucky or if this actually works 1f602.png hopefully it helps.

Thanks, I will try it~

• 11 months later...
On 5/6/2020 at 10:55 AM, TheVengeance1231 said:

Yes because Beginner has 4% probability of getting random joker, but Proud has only 0.7%...

yeah... I might as well start from beginner and do it all over again, even after 27 hours of riku farming not a single joker ? *sigh* 

• Like 1

• 5 months later...

I know it's been a while since this was posted up but for anyone who may be worried about obtaining the Random Joker card on Riku's play through, I may have a method that might work for you. Thus far I have netted 4 of these cards. Bear in mind I'm not sure if there have been patches to make it easier for players to get this card but this is how I obtained mine.

Difficulty: Proud Mode

World Cards Synthesized in Order: Hollow Bastion (B12F - Unavoidable) > Traverse Town (B11F - Did not get any Random Joker cards here!) > Agrabah (B10F) > Monstro (B9F) > Neverland (B8F) > Olympus Coliseum (B7F - Currently playing).

I was able to get 1 Random Joker card from Agrabah, 1 from Monstro and 2 from Neverland. 

When playing through each world I only ever used Red Map Cards specifically, Teeming Darkness, Almighty Darkness and Looming Darkness. However it should be noted that I did manage to get one Random Joker Card from a Sleeping Darkness on Neverland. Also to note, I was primarily using sleights to kill enemies during battles.

Not sure if any of the above makes a difference but I hope this helps people towards their plat.

Unless you're already max level on Riku, there isn't much to worry about in terms of getting a Random Joker. 

I have both Platinum Trophies in the PS3 and PS4 version and not once did I have to really spend time getting one as it came naturally on it's own through having to max Riku out. There isn't much of a point in not playing Proud on the PS4 version so you're going to have to spend time grinding. I found that when you use a world from the second half of the game (your second set of World Cards), you have a greater chance in seeing unique Map Cards more frequently. 

On Riku in particular, I did a lot of Halloween Town, Destiny Island and Castle Oblivion at certain level ranges and have gotten at least one Random Joker in each world just leveling up.

If you're maxed out and you still haven't seen a Random Joker, personally, I found Monstro and Neverland to be weirdly proficient at dropping cards I often don't see on both Sora and Riku.