A Wheely Good Time Help

Kooky_Spooky_

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 months later...

So I just got this trophy on lap 7 of trying. I thought it would be really painful, but in actual fact it is not that hard to get, and I'm no Lewis Hamilton at racing games, although I do enjoy them. I used this video guide and got it on lap 7. The layout of the track is fast with 3 hard braking corners. Nail these 3 corners with the setup described and should get this relatively easily. The setup is explained and is surprisingly good to handle. Avoid the sausage kerbs as much as possible (apart from the couple of quick chicane ones you can blitz over) as these will throw you off-track. You are able to use the blue coloured part of the track outside the track limits and these will come in handy as the quicker you straighten up from a corner, the quicker you can accelerate hard and pull away. Also, it is very helpful to use your flashbacks for a dodgy corner, or if you clipped some grass causing you to slow down, rewind to just before the incident and take a better line to give you a quicker time. 

• 4 weeks later...

Done it  in under 1 hour (im' not a great racer by any means)

ABS 5 (i see no reason to turn it off)

TCS - 0 (Useless feature anyway)

STC - 1 

Don't forget about infinite rewinds, it's a huge time and nerve saver. In my winning try i rewinded last red corner like 30 times.

Edited by Miles-MHunter

Worked like a charm, did it in 1:40:578 (half hour maybe)

ABS 2, TC/SC 1 each, but I'm playing with a wheel. Also I used the rewind quite often, to get a perfect round.

You can use rewind more than once (with a bit of Cooldown), to retry a whole sector if you get managed a good time and then messed up without knowing exactly where.

• 4 months later...
On 12/01/2021 at 2:25 PM, JayDeLosDioses said:

I just noticed today that the trophy somehow glitched on me. I had it unlocked but the actual career milestone in game wasn't unlocked. don't know why.

But I've managed to beat it now, final time is a 1:38,7. I was lucky once with the shortcut at the start of the final sector 

The lap was far from perfect too, I'll share a video in the spoiler tag at the end if anyone :)

Those are my tuning settings:

2Btttce.jpg

Hide contents

Back to grinding miles now. YAAAAAAY

Many thanks for your video mate! I was far from your time, but you helped me nail the first two sectors and I beat the objective by two tenths. 100% now :)

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Very few trophies make me give up on games no-a-days, but this trophy has just made me hate playing games. Tried a lot of different setups and taken so much advice that people have posted and I admit that I just can't lol. I have many bad laps then get 1 or 2 laps where I'm like a second or half a second off the time and start to hope then it all goes bad again.

Well done to all who've done it though. The last few weeks trying to do it has made me have mad respect for you.